Page 68 of 149 FirstFirst ... 18 58 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 78 118 ... LastLast
Results 1,006 to 1,020 of 2231

Thread: Terms of Reference for a Senate Inquiry into the Future of Rugby Union in Australia

vCash
    Thirdly, is there a breach of contract with our Confidential Alliance agreement being photocopied by Tim North's Secretary?
    Surely it's against Copyright at least.

Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Apparently certain Melbourne Rebels officials may have been in the habit of spending wildly before they ever got a Super Rugby licence. In fact it could have jeopardised their admission in the first place.

Email reveals Vics a 'laughing stock' - Wayne Smith 2009

ALLEGATIONS that Australian Rugby Union officials would refuse to ratify a Victorian Rugby Union bid for a Super 15 expansion licence while Gary Gray remains VRU president are being investigated by ARU chairman Peter McGrath... .................................................. ................ it would not be the first time Gray has come in for criticism from the national body. When cost blow-outs killed the Australian Rugby Championship after its first and only season in 2008, accusing fingers were pointed at the Melbourne Rebels team, which ran up the heaviest bills, with Gray wearing most of the criticism.

http://www.news.com.au/news/email-re...d97c6f2e2b2d16

Apparently nobody has heard Einstein's definition of insanity. My mind is just about boggled out with this Melbourne fixation in Australian Rugby. FFS
    More the reason to call up John O'Neill.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Apparently nobody has heard Einstein's definition of insanity. My mind is just about boggled out with this Melbourne fixation in Australian Rugby. FFS
    Maybe it's territorial; the AFL have infringed on rugby's patch, so the ARU have to have a team in Victoria!

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh View Post
    Maybe it's territorial; the AFL have infringed on rugby's patch, so the ARU have to have a team in Victoria!
    Ahh yes. The famous Agincourt business model devised by Generale Jean Auneille.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansie View Post
    Perhaps a question for Fulvio.

Reading page 24 of Hansard and having listened to Tim North's submission, I have 3 questions.

Clearly Tim North Q.C. has provided an opinion to the ARU on the security of the Rebels under the ARU Constitution. Surely he should have excused himself from providing any opinion considering his conflict of interest being President of the VRU?

Secondly The owner of the Rebels was not at this meeting ( 12th April). The VRU did not own any shares in Imperium where the licence resided.

Thirdly, is there a breach of contract with our Confidential Alliance agreement being photocopied by Tim North's Secretary?
    Don't forget Hansie that they were given a copy of RWA's April 2017 writ as well! I'd be asking Lavan how appropriate that is! The parties to the legal action were the ARU and RWA; absolutely NO business of North's or the Rebels or the VRU.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by valzc View Post
    Yes, have started to realise that one, too many comments & answers for one person. Are these dudes paid to crap on like that?
    I would like to think that everyone could just stop replying to TWAS's comments. If people don't bite it sort of defeats him. Then again, he/they would just post under a different name!

vCash
    I just condescend to the guy.

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

vCash
    I think he was eventually successfullt shut down in the end as everyone now realises what an ARU shill he is along with this penpals! LOL!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    Don't forget Hansie that they were given a copy of RWA's April 2017 writ as well! I'd be asking Lavan how appropriate that is! The parties to the legal action were the ARU and RWA; absolutely NO business of North's or the Rebels or the VRU.
    I was fully expecting him to have conjured up some complex reason why he was asked to view it as legal council for some party or other that had a pecuniary interest in the agreement. Would have only been asked about whether he considered it a conflict of interest and could have said that he declared the interest and had no input into Blah-de-blah, putting the blame back onto Pulver who contracted his firm.......something along those lines would possibly be appropriately twisted to reduce the bullshit.

I was a bit shocked when he said he'd received it in a meeting and didn't try to obfuscate the point.

THe ARU are saying that every agreement that have is confidential to the point that they can't provide them to a Senate inquiry, but they are OK with showing them to mates who are active competitors.

7 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

vCash
    Have we asked ourselves why the Senators have asked for some more time with the ARU?

Two options
    1. Not happy with the responses to the questions on notice (actually getting them or not enough information); or
    2. What did Peter Leahy say behind closed doors? He really wanted to same something to the Senators and wanted to do so on Camera.

I'm hoping its 2., and he has let the cat out of the bag.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by UAUdiver1959 View Post
    Have we asked ourselves why the Senators have asked for some more time with the ARU?

Two options
    1. Not happy with the responses to the questions on notice (actually getting them or not enough information); or
    2. What did Peter Leahy say behind closed doors? He really wanted to same something to the Senators and wanted to do so on Camera.

I'm hoping its 2., and he has let the cat out of the bag.
    He looked a VERY uncomfortable & tense individual when we were walking out. When the Put option questions started, I noticed he kept tapping his feet rather vigorously. Not the state of a happy man.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Mr Leahy was in there for a good 45 mins after we all left the room. Suggests to me he had a lot to offer in terms of information. He did seem very, very wary when in open session.

vCash
    I haven't had time to read past Clunk's opening remarks so far. I was busy on the day and could only half listen to Mr Leahy. But I remember he seemed to be really struggling with how to answer questions. Might be wrong but seemed like his integrity may have been getting in the way of toeing the party line (or lies?). Have to make time to read the rest over the weekend.
    Have the senators uncovered a witness who actually lives by Rugby's values, I wonder.
    Anyone know, if the beans were spilled in camera, whether that testimony remains private? Would it appear in the report? Or have to be referred to an investigative authority?

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Can someone post the link to the current Hansard report Hansie referenced and the post about reading Clynes statement. Having ZERO luck

vCash
    Can someone post the link to the current Hansard report Hansie referenced and the post about reading Clynes statement. Having ZERO luck
    The Hansard reports for both hearings are here https://www.aph.gov.au/Parliamentary...ublic_Hearings

As far as I know Clyne hasn't made a statement as he hasn't testified yet.

vCash
    It's in a PDF doc at the bottom of this page:

https://www.aph.gov.au/Parliamentary...ublic_Hearings

Page 68 of 149 FirstFirst ... 18 58 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 78 118 ... LastLast