Page 64 of 149 FirstFirst ... 14 54 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 74 114 ... LastLast

Thread: Terms of Reference for a Senate Inquiry into the Future of Rugby Union in Australia

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wickerman View Post
    I couldn't see anything in todays print addition
    here it is
    Attached Images Attached Images  

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

vCash
    That is what irks me the most, our gutless press
    It's the same in most Rugby countries which leads to c..p journalism. My response in the post above yours has to be the reason why. People like Alan Jones don't care or need ARU scoops which explains why he was able to unload on Clyne. He also had Sen. Reynolds and John Welborn on his show. You won't see any of the accredited journos interviewing them to get their points of view.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sittingbison View Post
    Jeez the lies and deflection and obfuscation by the ARU shill Joel aka TWAS on the roar article has gone off the charts

Can someone please clarify just what was asked by the ARU of Twiggy, and just what was offered? Was it 6 years at $8m = $48m for grass roots plus $20m to cover SANZAAR expenses? What about underwriting the Force? Anything else? Was the $50m being tossed around an estimate?
    From what was said yesterday (so hearsay - maybe wait for the Senate Inquiry transcript for an accurate answer), but it was reported in the SMH that the ARU gave Forrest and Welborn a 'list that was supposed to be impossible to meet'. If Forrest provided the money, the ARU board & CEO would also resign. Forrest's response was:

- $6 million a year for 8 years for grassroots rugby
    - $20 million to compensate SANZAAR for keeping the Force in the competition
    - Underwriting all Force losses (not fully funding the Force, just underwriting their losses, although the ARU could have cut their grant to zero)

No details are given of the list, but considering Forrest offered so much, I suspect it was similar to what he offered; it gave Forrest a chance to sack the board and keep the Force.

Note that the grassroots figure is approximately equal to fully funding the Force, but maybe for various reasons actually fully funding the Force wasn't a good idea (eg, it puts them on an uneven footing with respect to ARU grants).

Given the Force made money last year, and had good sponsorship until 2019, underwriting may not have been onerous, but Forrest still promised at least $68 million, not the $10-$50 million Clyne mentioned Forrest had offered.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

vCash
    I see on the latest NRC article on The Roar that TWAS has suggested that it makes sense that the Force/Spirit flow in to the Rebels.

Rookie
    vCash
    [QUOTE=sittingbison;442956]Jeez the lies and deflection and obfuscation by the ARU shill Joel aka TWAS on the roar article has gone off the charts

Sorry - TWAS name is Joel? What is his actual connection with the Rebels and ARU?

Player
    vCash
    Melbourne Uni player, tried out for Rising. Clearly getting info from someone involved with VRU and/or Rebels

Player
    vCash
    I also have good reason to believe he maintains a series of glove puppets. Just look for the posts supporting what he says.

Of course, he's entitled to his opinions (no matter how odious) but I really object to the baiting, obfuscation and deception. I also feel for the mods on the Roar. Dealing with that nonsense is wearing, especially as a volunteer.

vCash
    It's the sheer volume, literally thousands of posts swamping every discussion, making them untenable

The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveWA View Post
    I also have good reason to believe he maintains a series of glove puppets. Just look for the posts supporting what he says.

Of course, he's entitled to his opinions (no matter how odious) but I really object to the baiting, obfuscation and deception. I also feel for the mods on the Roar. Dealing with that nonsense is wearing, especially as a volunteer.
    Him playing the slander card has probably led to a lot of the heavy moderation going on over there.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakkies View Post
    By the way is there some sort of community service award that Alison could be nominated for? If there is not sure if it is too late
    When Clyne et al get their comeuppance I think Alison would richly deserve a year's free Platinum membership to Force 2.0

10 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Doing some research Cox set up his business and unit trust on the basis of his reputation to turn around businesses. He sure did a good job at TGI Friday and the Rebels.

http://www.imperium.com.au/?cat=38

In 2014 he was investing in hotels in NZ.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/busi...3fd38836af38a6

Last edited by Bakkies; 12-10-17 at 13:01.

vCash
    I notice that the ARU have made some changes to their ASIC records this week.

10/10/2017 7E9525896
    Hide sub documents (484)
    Change to Company Details (484)
    Change of Registered Address (484B)
    Change of Principal Place of Business (Address) (484C)
    Appointment or Cessation of a Company Officeholder (484E)

Quiet busy...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveWA View Post

I generally ignore his daft posts, he sure spends a LOT of time on the forum, but he just gave me the shits so much today I ended up having a few gos at him. His level of brainless comment is definitely becoming wilder, what a laugh.

vCash
    His comments in regards to Welborn's testimony are just head banging.

Player
    vCash
    TWAS is not one person!

Page 64 of 149 FirstFirst ... 14 54 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 74 114 ... LastLast