Page 62 of 149 FirstFirst ... 12 52 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 72 112 ... LastLast

Thread: Terms of Reference for a Senate Inquiry into the Future of Rugby Union in Australia

vCash
    The ARU and their supporters like TWAS and Joe Barker fail to realise that the taxpayer pays their subs at their local club which includes a contribution that goes towards their local state union.

Speaking of those two imbeciles I see that TWAS has been out playing the slander card and Josephine is one the ARU site giving kudos to Clarke.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Hey bakkies TWAS must have blocked me as i don't see anything he posts .. Little Joe is still backing his boys fom VIC but i see his side kick Asok is very quiet.. I have about 6 pages of cut and paste comments of his which i said i would send thru to the senate inquiry.. The best one at the moent is that lady kate Webb .. She must be one of Cox's staff as she is right into VIC rugby .. Maybe Lou or his mate could tell us a bit about her

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakkies View Post
    It wasn't you that was laughing at North and Clarke lying about the spreadsheet
    I'm guilty (along with the rest of the room), had a text from a friend telling me that they knew I was there because they could hear me laughing!

Very interesting days proceedings and I would have to say that without Ali's financial work, I doubt it would have got this far

P.S John "The Mayor" Welborn was awesome, this is far from over!

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    So, with the evidence that North provided about how careless the ARU are with confidential documents, would you think that this gives RugbyWA/Twiggy leverage over them regarding their negotiations?

vCash
    Welborn was an awesome witness, I agree TIF. I actually thought Ross Xenos was bloody good too to be honest. They made Clarke and North's evidence look even more like the pile of crap it was.

I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall during Peter Leahy's "behind closed doors" session.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

Champion Contributor sandgroperrugby's Avatar
    vCash
    So what will the outcome of the Confidential document being given to third parties. Will that result in a damages for breach of contract.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Generally speaking you aren’t learning much if your lips are moving!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    Welborn was an awesome witness, I agree TIF. I actually thought Ross Xenos was bloody good too to be honest. They made Clarke and North's evidence look even more like the pile of crap it was...
    Both top acts today. Having read Han's good integrity comments on Ross and hearing him today, I've changed my view on him. It's like he was pushing Linda Reynolds in the right direction as much as he could.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sandgroperrugby View Post
    So what will the outcome of the Confidential document being given to third parties. Will that result in a damages for breach of contract.
    I hope so! When I heard that North's PA had even taken photocopies, my jaw hit the floor! What kind of chicanery was going on FFS?!!

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    I hope so! When I heard that North's PA had even taken photocopies, my jaw hit the floor! What kind of chicanery was going on FFS?!!
    Yeah and the others in the room didn’t know what was going on. Much twiddling of thumbs and looking out windows.

As much as everyone denies they themselves did it the facts are very senior ARU officials gave a confidential contract to essentially their co-signed’s competitor. Ouch. ARU Leadership the CEO, Chairman and the COO are responsible for thier employees actions in this as they run the organisation. And that’s not taking into account it I was most likely one of these that gave it or sat by as some copy’s were made and drank latte’s.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    http://www.theaustralian.com.au/spor...5f9b38e8d8acf0
    Former ARU official Rob Clarke fired back angrily at the “malicious innuendo” in allegations made by former Western Force boss Mark Sinderberry that he undermined the WA club as a secret Rebels supporter during the Super Rugby downsizing process.

Giving evidence at the second day of a Senate inquiry into Australian rugby, Clarke responded to comments made by Sinderberry in the first sitting last month, where he suggested the ex-ARU chief operating officer was operating against the Force while serving as a key ARU decision-maker on which Australian Super Rugby team should get the axe.

“On the surface (Clarke) was trying to be supportive but I have learned since he was actually supporting the Rebels’ cause and was ultimately re-engaged recently with the Rebels organisation,” Sinderberry said.

Clarke said it was a “totally baseless allegation ... which outside the cocoon of the Senate inquiry would be totally defamatory”.

“I totally deny these accusations levelled by Mr Sinderberry and take umbrage with the malicious innuendo arising from them,” Clarke said.

Clarke also “completely rejected” suggestions he’d given assurances to the Rebels they were safe from the axe during the deliberation process and said allegations from WA Rugby officials that the ARU had planned to cut the Force when striking an alliance agreement with them in 2016 were baseless.

Sinderberry’s testimony that Victorian Rugby Union president Tim North was given a copy of the alliance agreement by the ARU was confirmed by the VRU official, however.

North testified he was shown a copy of the agreement — and took a photocopy — during a meeting in April with ARU boss Bill Pulver, Clarke and legal counsel Richard Hawkins.

North could not recall who gave him the document, however, and Clarke also denied he’d been responsible.

Though the subject of the inquiry was “The Future of Australian Rugby”, Senator Linda Reynolds again focused heavily on why the Rebels’ poor finances didn’t see them cut instead of the Force.

The deal between the ARU and Andrew Cox’s Imperium group in 2015 was again scrutinised at length but North, Clarke and former Rebels CEO Peter Leahy continued to deflect questions, citing confidentiality.

WA Sports Minister Mick Murray said the Force had never been treated fairly. “The ARU has not been open, transparent or objective throughout the entire process on what criteria teams would be evaluated and how a decision to reduce the number of teams would be made,” he said. “They made a decision (to cut the Force) and worked backwards to justify it.”

vCash
    Clynes updated CV

Last job key takeaways and accomplishments.
    Oversaw the demise of Rugby in Australia as a national sporting footprint.
    Knocked back $50 million in unforecasted revenue.
    Brought the game into disrepute resulting in a senate inquiry ontop of bad press.
    Made unrealistic statements of time objectives with serious repercussions.
    Gave a lecture to some billionaire businessman how challenging the market conditions are.
    Appeared on TV in a yachting Shirt to announce that a club was booted and people are going to get sacked.
    Made up some spreadsheet that no one seems to buy into.

Oh this could go on and on.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Generally speaking you aren’t learning much if your lips are moving!!!

vCash
    I love as more shit comes out the Rebels fans on GAGR seem to just close their eyes to the truth. Besides lou who seems to be a Rebels fan who is asking 'ok, but how do we sort these scum out' instead of just turning a blind eye.

vCash
    I think Lou is one of very few Rebels fans who are looking past next year.

Sure they will have a short term uplift through essentially transplanting the Force (I think it was Welborn who suggested 12 players signed to date) but they will still have corrupt arseholes who have lost money faster than if they had used it to start a bonfire controlling it.

Based upon current indications (only what's in public record (not the true facts protected by commercial confidence) they will need approximately 4 million dollars over and above their Super Rugby grant, more if they can't find a major sponsor. The ARU obviously don't have any money to prop them up, so in 2019, they will no longer be able to pay their staff and will become insolvent.

C'mon the

vCash
    Welborn was an awesome witness, I agree TIF. I actually thought Ross Xenos was bloody good too to be honest. They made Clarke and North's evidence look even more like the pile of crap it was.

I would have loved to have been a fly on the wall during Peter Leahy's "behind closed doors" session.
    Any indication of what bs the ARU submitted during the North and Clarke sessions?

Hey bakkies TWAS must have blocked me as i don't see anything he posts .. Little Joe is still backing his boys fom VIC but i see his side kick Asok is very quiet.. I have about 6 pages of cut and paste comments of his which i said i would send thru to the senate inquiry.. The best one at the moent is that lady kate Webb .. She must be one of Cox's staff as she is right into VIC rugby .. Maybe Lou or his mate could tell us a bit about her
    Blocked you where? I don't think he posts on G and G these days. I say that Webb may have some connections to Gray through club and/or Vic Rugby. Lou will be able to confirm that.

I would like to know how well Gray knows Cox outside of the Weary Dunlop lunches.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sandgroperrugby View Post
    Clynes updated CV

Last job key takeaways and accomplishments.
    Oversaw the demise of Rugby in Australia as a national sporting footprint.
    Knocked back $50 million in unforecasted revenue.
    Brought the game into disrepute resulting in a senate inquiry ontop of bad press.
    Made unrealistic statements of time objectives with serious repercussions.
    Gave a lecture to some billionaire businessman how challenging the market conditions are.
    Appeared on TV in a yachting Shirt to announce that a club was booted and people are going to get sacked.
    Made up some spreadsheet that no one seems to buy into.

Oh this could go on and on.
    If he goes in front of Reynolds he will have the proud achievement of having lied twice in front Senate officials.

Page 62 of 149 FirstFirst ... 12 52 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 72 112 ... LastLast