Page 60 of 149 FirstFirst ... 10 50 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 70 110 ... LastLast

Thread: Terms of Reference for a Senate Inquiry into the Future of Rugby Union in Australia

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    gone in camera with reference to that-no more public hearing today

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Rookie
    vCash
    Possibly he had something to say, but didn't think it should be said out in public. Its interesting - it seemed to be that there was some action which needed to occur before the owners could effect the put option.

Quote Originally Posted by Bakkies View Post
    put option agreement hmm. Sounds interesting

Champion
    vCash
    Thats the end of proceedings as Mr Leahy has opted to go in camera regarding questions about the obligations placed on Imperium in regards to how the $6million balloon payment would be spent if any.
    Leahy has spoken about Gary Gray introducing Cox to Rob Clarke who was ARU COO on February 6 2015 at a Weary Dunlop dinner though Clarke had earlier said he was only vaguely aware of who Cox was and the negotiations between Cox and the ARU even though was second in charge of the management team negotiating the sale. Leahy also tried to argue down the $13 million loan writeoffs to $7.75 million. Then a bunch of stuff about confidentiality and went in camera.

vCash
    Late breakfast in Amsterdam, with intermittent wifi, thanks for posting summary points along the way this morning. Sounds like the ARU reckons its bunker will survive the Inquiry, not sure Sen Reynolds will make do with that - she may go looking for a referral to a body with some serious punitive powers.

Wonder how Clyne is feeling right now - thought he could stop the Inquiry before it started - but it is turning into a nightmare for them - excellent!

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    Senator Reynolds was very sharp i thought. She managed to decipher the double speak and kept on the issue of the ARUs financial choices. November 15ths (?) report should make some good reading.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalahard View Post
    November 15ths (?) report should make some good reading.
    Let's hope they find enough reason to refer some matters to an investigative authority.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Let's hope they find enough reason to refer some matters to an investigative authority.
    Looks like they have enough already. Wouldn't be surprised to see more dug up to nail Clyne

vCash
    Soooo....Willy lied, North lied, Clarke lied, Leahy lied. Their lies tripped them all up, throwing the previous under the bus.

Everyone else told the truth and it all made sense.

Nothing to see here, move along

The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sittingbison View Post
    Soooo....Willy lied, North lied, Clarke lied, Leahy lied. Their lies tripped them all up, throwing the previous under the bus.
    Yep, it's amazing that they all remembered who testified before them, because throwing that person under the bus was about all they contributed.

I'm amazed that Tim North was able to answer questions about the Western Force better than he was able to answer questions about the Melbourne Rebels.

and nobody was in the room when the negotiations were being conducted to sell the Rebels to Cox!

The same nobody put the alliance agreement on the table for Tim North to photocopy.

It was really nice of Tim to advise the RugbyWA board to look into the agreement mere days after he appears to have told the ARU how to activate the termination clause.

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Yep, it's amazing that they all remembered who testified before them, because throwing that person under the bus was about all they contributed.

I'm amazed that Tim North was able to answer questions about the Western Force better than he was able to answer questions about the Melbourne Rebels.

and nobody was in the room when the negotiations were being conducted to sell the Rebels to Cox!

The same nobody put the alliance agreement on the table for Tim North to photocopy.

It was really nice of Tim to advise the RugbyWA board to look into the agreement mere days after he appears to have told the ARU how to activate the termination clause.
    Don't you mean the team that was known as the Western Force, very good.

Champion
    vCash
    I wonder if they could contact qantas and Foxtel and ask them the position they took as part of the enquiry..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jules View Post
    I wonder if they could contact qantas and Foxtel and ask them the position they took as part of the enquiry..
    I think John Welbourn said they already made these enquiries and their position was the expansion sides should be dropped. As was reported before the ARU put their bs spin that it was demanded by broadcasters/sponsors etc.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post

Isn't Eales nickname 'nobody'?

vCash
    It was mentioned in the previous hearing that Foxsports wanted five teams.

I suppose we don't know if there is going to be another hearing

vCash
    My Scenario: If the money from the ARU to Cox was going into propping up his company & then setting up the Imperium Sports Trust whatever, which Clyne, Clarke & co become shareholders. The ARU try to shut down the Force but it's not as easy as they think, they then try to shut down Rebels after all, but Cox spits the dummy & threatens he'll expose all the dirty backroom deals. So they Have to shut down the Force to keep Cox shtum & his payments rolling in. (Also continuing to finance their trust funds)
    This is my conspiracy theory!! After what I've heard today nothing's unbelievable.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Page 60 of 149 FirstFirst ... 10 50 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 70 110 ... LastLast