Page 58 of 149 FirstFirst ... 8 48 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 68 108 ... LastLast

Thread: Terms of Reference for a Senate Inquiry into the Future of Rugby Union in Australia

vCash
    Bugger. Finally get to listen but no sound to my phone - which indicates the stream playing. Are the on a break?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Champion
    vCash
    On a break. Back at 2 oclock with the Mayor, John Welborn.

vCash
    What Clarke's thinks he is:
    Name:  640.jpg
Views: 488
Size:  43.5 KB

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalahard View Post
    Western Force senate inquiry: Mick Murray slams ARU for Force axing
    Nick Taylor
    Wednesday, 11 October 2017 10:30AM
    Mick Murray isn’t happy about the Western Force’s demise.
    Mick Murray isn’t happy about the Western Force’s demise.Picture: The West Australian
    WA Sports minister Mick Murray has slammed the Australian Rugby Union's process for axing the Western Force from Super Rugby.
    Mr Murray told the senate inquiry into the future of rugby in Australia that the "bloody minded" ARU had not been open, transparent or objective.
    "WA is not and has not been fairly represented or fairly treated. Decisions have been made on the east coast, for the east coast," he said when the inquiry re-opened today in Perth.
    “The ARU has not been open, transparent or objective throughout the entire process on what criteria teams would be evaluated and how a decision to reduce the number of teams would be made.
    "They made a decision (to cut the Force) and worked backwards to justify it. Whichever way we turned a decision had already been made.

“The ARU’s support, particularly financial, has always favoured east coast teams and franchises.
    “The New South Wales, Queensland and ACT teams were never evaluated, considered or discussed despite claims the process was in the game’s national interest.
    “It would appear that the internal deliberation by the ARU was about obtaining the best financial outcome for the ARU.
    “Decisions were not made in the rugby union’s and the national competition’s best interest.
    “Rugby union in WA will survive, but the ARU has done irreparable damage to rugby in WA and in this country.”
    The senate hearing had previously been told that the ARU had heavily funded the Melbourne Rebels - who survived the axe ahead of the Force – for $33million, including a $13 million write-off between 2014 and 2016.

A multi-million dollar gulf opened between the Rebels and Force who received only $15 million that included $3.7 million from the transfer of its licence to the governing body in an alliance agreement.
    Mr Murray said there had been undertakings from the ARU between 2005 to 2017 to WA state governments and the WA community that a WA team would remain in Super Rugby.
    “WA Governments made major infrastructure decisions based on these undertakings, specifically $95 million for nib Stadium upgrades and $17 million for the Rugby WA home.”

https://thewest.com.au/sport/rugby-u...-ng-b88625703z

A summary of Mick Murrays testimony thank to the West Australian.
    I have noticed the ARU have taken their article down in regards to Murray's testimony. To stupid to realise that it can be accessed through cache.

vCash
    What Clarke actually is:
    Name:  sgtshultz.jpg
Views: 441
Size:  75.4 KB

6 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

Champion
    vCash
    https://www.rugby.com.au/news/2017/1...-hearing-xenos

RUPA CEO Ross Xenos says ‘disrespect’ from East Coast clubs towards the ARU may have sparked the process that led to cutting a Super Rugby team.

Xenos appeared at the senate inquiry into the future of Australian rugby and suggested that the ARU’s decision to cut a Super Rugby team may have been partly in response to criticism of its grassroots strategy.

The ARU was forced to review its five-year strategic plan after vocal criticism from former players last year and Xenos said that may have been a contributing factor into this year’s decision.

“I think the domestic context of this conversation is important because there has been for a number of years, a groundswell of significant disrespect from various grassroots stakeholders particularly on the East Coast to the ARU,” he said.

“I strongly believe the ARU has felt the need to respond to the way that those grassroots stakeholders perceive the ARU and also to be seen to be doing more for those grassroots stakeholders.

Champion
    vCash
    I noticed the committee had said the ARU provided some documents today, no doubt the intention of the timing is so that the Senate inquiry does air any questions or ARU information on the record today.

vCash
    I noticed the committee had said the ARU provided some documents today, no doubt the intention of the timing is so that the Senate inquiry does air any questions or ARU information on the record today.
    or to do with the fact that the final day for submissions is tomorrow

Champion
    vCash
    I hope they call the ARU back - I assume they can because there are a lot questions they need to answer!

vCash
    has it started again?no sound yet

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Bugger. Finally get to listen but no sound to my phone - which indicates the stream playing. Are the on a break?
    seems to have just started again now

Champion
    vCash
    Sounds like they need to talk to Gary Gray aswell to see if he was a shareholder in Imperium at the time of the Rebels sale.

vCash
    It has to be within the next two weeks as the report is due around Nov 15. I would like to hear Reynolds destroy Clyne

Welborn on now

Champion
    vCash
    Welborn on now

vCash
    Sounds like they need to talk to Gary Gray aswell to see if he was a shareholder in Imperium at the time of the Rebels sale.
    or owned a unit in Imperium

Page 58 of 149 FirstFirst ... 8 48 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 68 108 ... LastLast