Page 5 of 149 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 55 105 ... LastLast

Thread: Terms of Reference for a Senate Inquiry into the Future of Rugby Union in Australia

vCash
    Totally agree Alison, from now on the objective must be new governance structures, ONE vote to each state union. There is no way Stooke or any affiliated RugbyWA should have anything to do with current ARU. They are completely compromised. RugbyWA should in fact disaffiliate until the AUSTRALIAN rugby union is comprehensivly restructured to not solely represent the interests of Qld and NSW.

And ARU should have nothing to do with professional rugby (is super) other than umbrella coverage. It has to go the English soccer direction, Football Association (ARU) and Premier League (Super) (plus Greater South East Asian Co-Prosperity Sphere is us )

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

vCash
    Perhaps we should run a thread that puts pertinent questions for submission. Should be kept pretty much to questions with only relevant comment.

When was Foxtel first approached? By whom? What was their stated preference AT THAT TIME? If their preference was 5 teams when did they accept a change and why?

In reference to the above, and in light of SANZAAR press releases stating that the 15 team format would be under the then existing broadcast deal, was there later a renegotiation or rewording of that contract which voided the ARU Alliance Agreement with Rugby WA? If so at who's request and why?

Just for starters.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Who knew what when

vCash
    Its all in the timing:
    Whispers of SANZAAR AND ARU wanting to cut teams in 2016 as alluded to by Smith the other day
    Pulver declaring for WF longevity and maintaining National Footprint in 2016
    IP sale in 2016
    Alliance agreement in August 2016?
    ARU seeking legal advice to cut team late 2016?
    SANZAAR meeting in late 2016?
    ARU received legal advice it can ONLY cut WF IF alliance agreement voided by renegotiated broadcast Feb 2017
    SANZAAR meeting London March 2017 on sly so against "Alliance"
    Foxtel renegotiated March? Before cutting teams, so done on sly against "Alliance"
    What was timing and extent of ARU on third sale (to (VRU) of Rebels
    Etc etc all leading to dishonest conduct

The big financial questions. When did ARU suddenly "realise" they were eminently going bankrupt....before or after the alliance agreement? How long after the last broadcast agreement? How much was slipped to Cox after bankruptcy forcast? How much debt in total to Rebels has actually been forgiven? How much extra over and above the normal payments in total has been slipped to both private owners of rebels? Why the discrepancy of grassroots funding between the states? How were financials arrived at on the "massive spreadsheet" that were shown to RugbyWA, in particular prospective Vic Govt receipts yet no WA Govt receipts in lieu as alluded to by lou ie if Vic pulled out of Bled etc then WA or anyone else W take it on etc? How can ensuring WF solvency and $50m offered for grassroots be rejected when the forcast is for bankruptcy in 2020? Have Tahs repaid loans? Who paid whom for ground hire? Why were WF required to surrender IP and license when none of others were? Were the ARU advised in 2011 that the fifth team (Rebels) was financially unsustainable? Why did the ARU not veto expanding Super Rugby to 18 teams and four conferences, giving up lucrative derbies? Why has the ARU agreed to host the Japanese Sunwolves yet discontinue WF when it's their charter to grow the game IN AUSTRALIA? Who pays for the WA Academy, or is that discontinued as well? Why were the WF fined for player payments yet QLD NSW ACT not? How can axing WF save $6m per annum when every player and staff is now employed by ARU (alliance agreement) and all contracts honoured, and with more travel not less? When has Vic Govt signed contracts (if at all), before or after discontinue WF or Rebels sale? Etc etc

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansie View Post
    Last I heard from Senator Linda Reynolds was that the enquiry will be held in Perth. Looking forward to seeing Clyne, Pulver, Clarke, Day and every conspirator brought to account. BRING IT ON.
    If it is in Perth I want front row seats!

vCash

Name:  life-of-brian.jpg
Views: 556
Size:  79.7 KB

7 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs View Post
    "Even with a towering two-metre frame, Clyne..."
    I nearly commented after his most recent interview (attacking RWA/Twiggy) just how small, bent over and, to be honest, pathetic he looked compared to the announcement media conference behind a desk with Pulver only a few weeks ago. Love or hate or something in between the guy, but he wouldn't be human if the pressure of this whole year isn't starting to impact him personally.
    I hope it is! It's certainly impacted on me personally!

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    I don't think the point is to save the Force as a SuperRugby franchise. That boat has sailed .....
    and just look at it!

Name:  flood1.jpg
Views: 553
Size:  23.9 KB

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

vCash
    Immediately following the 48-72 hour fiasco. The Rebels claimed that they'd been assured they would not be cut - by an ARU official. They passed that assurance to their players via direct on-field address from Cox. Who from the ARU gave such assurances and when? Under who's authority was this assurance given?
    You would need either Cox or Clunk under oath to get that answered

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion Contributor sandgroperrugby's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Immediately following the 48-72 hour fiasco. The Rebels claimed that they'd been assured they would not be cut - by an ARU official. They passed that assurance to their players via direct on-field address from Cox. Who from the ARU gave such assurances and when? Under who's authority was this assurance given?
    You would need either Cox or Clunk under oath to get that answered
    Reckon it was an executive. Didn't Clyne deny this happened on Fox I think rugby central. Or was it that who ever spoke didn't speak for the organisation.

Although if it was an executive and that executive was planning for the demise of the Force and had seen the legal documents in February. Said executive was being truthful and executives do speak for an organisation as I am pretty sure that's part of their role.

Generally speaking you aren’t learning much if your lips are moving!!!

vCash
    Just putting questions to be considered for the Senators to ask them under oath. We know what's seen on this website often gets a reaction.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Be careful though Shasta, we know there are silent trolls lurking everywhere, trying to pick up crumbs so they can prepare their rebuttals to save their buttals!

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    OK. We'll leave it to the experts then.

Player
    vCash
    How come the annual reports, specifically 2016, show no concerns about the super rugby competition or the ARU's financial position?

Didnt the 2016 report come out days before the the announcement?

vCash
    Good point. I think any submission we make should be based around Alison's excellent research

Page 5 of 149 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 55 105 ... LastLast