Page 4 of 149 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 54 104 ... LastLast

Thread: Terms of Reference for a Senate Inquiry into the Future of Rugby Union in Australia

vCash
    Thanks to Quick Hands and Killer on the G&GR Forum.

Seems that Mr Clyne has some previous experience in appearing before the Senate and answering questions:

The NIB Spin Machine in Overdrive

Love this quote from this article as we have seen a bit of this in Clyne's press interviews:

Clyne "sells this crap like a used car salesmen selling a car with a blown engine for full price. Conveniently not addressing the most important issues and relentlessly presenting the irrelevant."

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewg View Post
    Thanks to Quick Hands and Killer on the G&GR Forum.

Seems that Mr Clyne has some previous experience in appearing before the Senate and answering questions:
    ..."
    "Even with a towering two-metre frame, Clyne..."
    I nearly commented after his most recent interview (attacking RWA/Twiggy) just how small, bent over and, to be honest, pathetic he looked compared to the announcement media conference behind a desk with Pulver only a few weeks ago. Love or hate or something in between the guy, but he wouldn't be human if the pressure of this whole year isn't starting to impact him personally.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "Bloody oath we did!"

Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs View Post
    "Even with a towering two-metre frame, Clyne..."
    I nearly commented after his most recent interview (attacking RWA/Twiggy) just how small, bent over and, to be honest, pathetic he looked compared to the announcement media conference behind a desk with Pulver only a few weeks ago. Love or hate or something in between the guy, but he wouldn't be human if the pressure of this whole year isn't starting to impact him personally.
    Like Smeagol turning into Gollum. His 'precious' is the Rebels.

Twiggy is Mount Doom and the Ring is the ARU.

vCash
    [I] but he wouldn't be human if the pressure of this whole year isn't starting to impact him personally.
    Is it bad that thought made me smile?

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    That's unusual, he just gives me the shits.

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    Meh, another job, another Senate inquiry ...

vCash
    I nearly commented.....just how small, bent over and, to be honest, pathetic he looked........ but he wouldn't be human if the pressure of this whole year isn't starting to impact him personally.
    I did. He also had the deer in the spotties eyes too. But the remedy for a lot of that stress is straight forward. If there are hard decisions to make; make them. Do it fairly and tell the truth to those who will be impacted. Be prepared to listen to other possibilities. You might still have a blue on your hands. But your reputation will remain intact.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    There is a difference between making hard unpopular decisions for the right reason, and making easy unpopular decisions for the wrong reasons.

If you are a lying cheating thieving wanker you can sleep at night with the second

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sittingbison View Post
    If you are a lying cheating thieving wanker you can sleep at night with the second
    No, I don't think they actually can. People like that are allergic to altruism and will lie awake at night wondering how the hell they failed to benefit massively from that decision. They don't seem to feel good about doing the right thing, improving the lives of others or upholding moral rights.

C'mon the

vCash
    This posted by MST on GAGR: so a suggestion for the TWF to write a united group submission?
    My community service:

[IMG]

So for those that want to play along at home here is your chance to have your say.

Its an audience and at least you get to have a say. Will it do anything? Saying or doing nothing certainly wont.

Your submission could ensure the committee are well informed about the game and are prepared if they call witnesses.

The players:

Senate Community Affairs References Committee

Senator Rachel Siewert Australian Greens , WA
    Senator Slade Brockman Liberal Party of Australia , WA
    Senator Sam Dastyari Australian Labor Party , NSW
    Senator Jonathon Duniam Liberal Party of Australia , TAS
    Senator Louise Pratt Australian Labor Party , WA
    Senator Murray Watt Australian Labor Party , QLD

So for those at home this should move forward (as expected now) and more details should emerge on this page over time: http://www.aph.gov.au/Parliamentary_...munity_Affairs

For the keyboard warriors I would suggest that submissions that are balance and factual and not emotive usually hold more weight and relevance. Consider the committee and its purpose and write to the audience and within the ToRs. Be concise and to the point EG: (examples only)
    Will funding be balanced in WA compared to the East coast? (including promotion / marketing).
    Should the SR being professional and for profit be under separate governance away from amateur and community rugby (especially due to Gov funding),
    impact on WA school programs,
    Impact on WA business that invested in sponsorship's now gone
    Impact on those who were employed in WA rugby
    Impact on families of young players now pathways have changed, wasted infrastructure etc.
    Should players be discriminated against by the ARU of a rebel / other league is set up?
    Player welfare (pro / amateur/ junior) going forward
    Remember this is about what the Government can do which mostly could be around governance and funding.
    Submissions can be from all points of view so don't feel you need to be on a side or a particular side.
    Please be aware that most submission are made public unless there are really compelling reasons why and its requested.

Submission link: http://www.aph.gov.au/Parliamentary_...g_a_submission

About: http://www.aph.gov.au/Parliamentary....this_committee

Attending a public hearing
    Anyone can come to a public hearing but only witnesses are invited to speak
    Most hearings are held in public and anyone is welcome to come and listen.
    If the hearing is in Canberra, the venue will usually be a committee room in Parliament House. Hearings outside Canberra are usually in venues such as town halls, community centres, hotel conference rooms or the state parliament.
    The secretariat can tell you the date, time and place for each hearing and help you find the list of witnesses on the inquiry website.
    It is up to the committee to decide who will be a witness at a public hearing
    Committees generally choose witnesses from those who have made written submissions to the inquiry. Committees aim to hear from a variety of organisations or individuals representing different views or with different concerns. Sometimes, to ensure a variety of views, a committee may ask an organisation or individual that has not made a submission to be a witness.
    Because time for hearings is limited, usually only a small proportion of submitters will be invited to give evidence. If you wish to be considered as a witness at a hearing, you should note this in your written submission to the inquiry.
    Public hearings are broadcast live on the internet

If the hearing is held in Canberra the video and audio of the hearing will be broadcast live on the internet.
    If the hearing is held outside Canberra, only the audio will be available.
    Media may also be present. If you have concerns about being recorded, photographed or filmed, you should raise this with the committee secretariat before you start to give evidence. The committee can decide whether to allow the media to record you or it can impose conditions on any recording of the hearing. In making the decision, the committee will balance principles of open proceedings, public interest, and fairness to the witness.
    mst, Yesterday at 10:05 PM #851

vCash
    "The Government has made it abundantly clear that it does not want to interfere with the way in which sports operate and make decisions, but it appears this stance has now changed. This is a concern for the entire industry," ARU chairman Cameron Clyne said in a statement on Thursday." - Cameron Clyne
    Not really. Only for those sports who act corruptly, secretly or so incompetently that a lot of their stakeholders are adversely affected. Can't think of too many bodies who should be concerned. Only one actually.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Totally agree shasta, that dill has brought this on himself, the board as well by being complicit.

I don't see too many other (any?) Sports getting embroiled in a Senate enquiry. As a member of the public (voter) you should be asking yourself WHY and HOW it has come to this. smoke/fire??

The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

Player
    vCash
    Clown reminds me of this bloke
    Name:  hqdefault.jpg
Views: 512
Size:  25.5 KB

Last edited by travelling_gerry; 07-09-17 at 08:51.

Champion
    vCash
    While it will be nice to see Clyne, Pulver and others being grilled by the senators over culling the Force, I don’t think the decision will be reversed.

However this Senate Inquiry is a wonderful one-off opportunity to lock the ARU into fairer and more just treatment of WA going forward.

So some questions for the ARU directors to answer in front of the senators and the cameras include:

1) Will the ARU confirm that they will actively support RugbyWA in their plans to set up the Indo-Pacific League competition?
    2) Will the ARU confirm that they will also allow and support other teams in Australia who wish to join the IPL
    3) Will the ARU confirm that they will recognise the IPL as an official competition and also lobby World Rugby to recognise and support the competition?
    4) Will the ARU change its official policy of not selecting players to represent Australia, who are not contracted currently to a Super franchise or have not previously played 60 tests? In other words, will the ARU direct their coaches and selectors to watch the Australian based teams in the IPL and NRC, and select players on merit players from these competitions?
    5) The ARU have previously pledged to honour the contracts of Western Force players. Will the ARU confirm that it will honour the contracts of players and coaches who wish to continue to live in Perth with their families and friends and play for the Western Force in the IPL?
    6) Independent analysis of the last 5 years of ARU financial statements lodged with ASIC have revealed that RugbyWA has not been receiving its fair share of ARU funds allocated to “grassroot” clubs and juniors. (eg WA has received 1/9th of what QLD received over the 5 years. Yet obviously QLD does not have 9 times as many registered rugby players as WA). Can the ARU reveal on what basis these funds will be allocated in the future?
    7) Will the ARU invite Mr Geoff Stooke of WA to rejoin the board? If he decides not to rejoin, will the ARU seek to appoint another director from WA? ( as the third biggest and fastest growing rugby state, WA probably deserve to have 2 out of 9 of the ARU directors)

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    I don't think the point is to save the Force as a SuperRugby franchise. That boat has sailed and we're embarking on a completely new journey over here in the west.

But what the Senate Inquiry should (I hope) do is get all the ARU's dirty laundry out in the full light of day and, on the back of that, give birth to a new whole new governance structure for rugby union in Australia that is transparent, accountable and unbiased.

7 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

Page 4 of 149 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 54 104 ... LastLast