Page 3 of 149 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 53 103 ... LastLast

Thread: Terms of Reference for a Senate Inquiry into the Future of Rugby Union in Australia

Player
    vCash
    Might be worth getting started on a TWF submission. There's plenty of material in the various threads, including financial info from Alison, timelines from others plus the occasional rant.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sandgroperrugby View Post
    Yep still the link name on the fox sport web page.

Gee are some people in the pocket of the ARU or what.
    Senators get a bit toey at being disrespected. Calling it a stunt won't wash with them.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    Someone posted on roar WA might have to pay costs from a senate enquiry if nothing was found. Is this true??

Player
    vCash
    There is so much in that article that is deceptive, disingenuous or straight out dishonest.

I hope the terms of reference allow for questioning about the relationship between the ARU and Foxtel, and whether the ARU approached Foxtel (and/or other broadcasters) with a view to get the broadcasting agreement changed to trigger the termination of the Alliance Agreement.

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jules View Post
    Someone posted on roar WA might have to pay costs from a senate enquiry if nothing was found. Is this true??
    fake news

Apprentice
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jules View Post
    Wouldn't think so as it's an enquiry backed by the Federal Senate, nothing to do with RugbyWA or even the Western Australian Government.

Champion
    vCash
    I am told first day of hearing (maybe more) will be in Perth Don't know about the rest

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WF2006 View Post
    Noice! 3 West Australians on a 7 person comittee. (plus 2 Tassies - who in theory should hate Sydney based overbearing wankers too!)
    FXPuts on Cameron Clyne hat)

...and the Taswegians really love us because we genuinely have a lot of sympathy for them being fellow Australians and all. We selflessly let them have a $1.80 per dollar GST return while we stoically accept 34 cents. Without complaint!

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Someone told me that Clyne & co can't be made to front up to the inquiry, is that true?

vCash
    I'm pretty sure that a Senate inquiry has pretty strong powers to call witnesses. In any case, how BAD would it look if the ARU cabal refused to front up - they might as well scream guilty!!

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    The Senate has ways of making them squawk, Alison.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fulvio sammut View Post
    The Senate has ways of making them squawk, Alison.
    Given that they're a nationally funded body, I'd say the first way would be cut funding immediately. That should make the 18 million saving from cutting the force worthwhile

C'mon the

Champion Contributor sandgroperrugby's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Given that they're a nationally funded body, I'd say the first way would be cut funding immediately. That should make the 18 million saving from cutting the force worthwhile
    Response I received from my local Federal Representative below. From this I would be keen to see if the funding is fairly split between the states based on participation of juniors by the ARU?

In response to your question regarding Federal Funding from the Australian Government, the only funding provided to the ARU is towards participation programs (junior programs) to help develop the skills of young Australians. The $650 000 provided to the ARU for these participation programs is subject to strict guidelines. When it comes to the Australian Super Rugby Teams, I have been advised that as this is a professional, commercial competition, no Federal funding is contributed and the Department has no insight or oversight in regards to the ARU's activity. No Federal funding is given to support the Wallabies either. The only funding the Government invests in Rugby Union is in the High Performance Program for the Olympic Rugby Seven's Team. This is a targeted program agreed upon and overseen by the Australian Institute of Sport.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Generally speaking you aren’t learning much if your lips are moving!!!

Champion
    vCash
    Part of me is quite happy we didn't get the result yesterday and now a senate inquiry is being instigated. If we won everything would be glossed over and the ARU wouldn't get to be held accountable for all the lies and deceit it has perpetrated over the last 2 years plus.

I look forward to the truth now coming out and it will come out and the whole joint getting burnt to the ground with those slimy maggots in it.

Good solid honest decent rugby men took the ARU at their word and got shafted and that just ain't right in anyone's language.

6 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sandgroperrugby View Post
    Yep still the link name on the fox sport web page.

Gee are some people in the pocket of the ARU or what.
    same for perthnow.com.au:

Name:  senate enquiry.JPG
Views: 649
Size:  10.8 KB

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

Page 3 of 149 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 53 103 ... LastLast