Page 20 of 149 FirstFirst ... 10 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 30 70 120 ... LastLast

Thread: Terms of Reference for a Senate Inquiry into the Future of Rugby Union in Australia

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by terrycobner View Post
    Maybe behind closed doors but i dont think so.he was claiming elements of confidentially.
    Soooo....a Senate Enquiry into ARU spacing the Force, and ARU refuses to hand over the single document measuring the event

Okaaayyyy

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalahard View Post
    So, the ARU are still going on about financials and couldn't even bring information to the enquiry to support their financial modelling? Time for some subpoenas to get to the bottom of this.
    How did the ARU come up with its modelling without imput from RugbyWA?
    Why was Andrew Forrests offer of support ignored in April then a token meeting was set up 4 months later?
    Whay was RugbyWA obstructed from receiving the same loan arrangements as the other 4 franchises?
    Why isn't the ARU able to provide details of its share of broadcast revenue even though it's on record as being $285 million over 5 years (2016-2020)?
    Why was Tim North provided a copy of the Alliance Agreement?
    How come Geoff Stooke says RugbyWA received $5.5 million and Bill Pulver says it is $8 million?
    Why was RugbyWAs broadcast revenue share slowly shrinked for a reduction of $2 million since 2011 while at the same time the Rebels were being gifted loan writeoffs of $13 million?
    Why was RugbyWA not advanced its own future funding from the ARU?
    Why were the 3 bailouts to NSW since 1996 not included in the statements about loans afforded the Reds, Brumbies and Rebels?
    If the ARU has nothing to hide, why didn't they bring all of the relevant information with them?
    Where is the big spreadsheet?

Subpoena away Linda!

Send those questions to the Senator (or the enquiry as part of a submission).

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    I don't understand why he couldn't reveal the size of the TV deal as it's in their financial accounts etc. I must be missing something??
    Maybe, after starting out with a touch of arrogance and challenging what questions the senators were entitled to put to him, then being slapped down about that a few times, he ended up so frustrated that he ended up saying "I can't reveal that" to just about everything.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    At the least Clarke should surely be getting done for Insider trading!! Is that also why the ARU accountant did a runner so fast out the door!

vCash
    On the "Twiggy was too late" bit: would be interesting to hear from the Sydney based WA board member who was told the Force were still salvageable by Clyne on the weekend before the Adelaide meeting. Just to tell what exactly Clyne had said, and what the cost of the salvage would be.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    It always begs the question why should Twiggy prop up the ARU? Why should they expect $80m? Why give them a cent other than purchasing back the license and IP?

All he has to do is prop up the Force (doesn't even HAVE to do that). Force become cost neutral. Then it's not economic.

The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

vCash
    Oops, that might have been me. I did tell him before the start that there was no point him talking to us as we don't believe a word he says.

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so.

Douglas Adams

vCash
    Think I did that wrong I was expecting my comment to fit in under the one about disgruntled supporters. I must practice. Using this site!

Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so.

Douglas Adams

vCash
    Thanks for all the updates. How can pulver claim confidentiality?

May the FORCE be with you!

Player
    vCash
    Well that was a very interesting morning! I think in the end Willy bit off a bit more than he could chew. He started off confident and tried to talk his way out but the Senators did a good job of bringing him to heel. I thought he was quite rude and arrogant towards them. After repeated questions he had to admit that the bulk of the 28 mill did go to the Rebels and that participation numbers in NSW and Qld had decreased while non heartland numbers had increased. He refused continually to give info because of confidentially, think this was taken up again when we had to leave the room. Willy will be a busy boy as the Senators have asked him to supply lots of paperwork and also expressed suprise that he didn't appear to know much about what was going on. Geoff Stooke said later that this enquiry was put together pretty quickly and the ARU will be better prepared at the next one but so will we. Try to get to the next one people it will be very interesting!

6 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Player
    vCash
    Senators have asked for details of all 13 reviews the ARU have had in recent times and details of all loans given to teams. Willy also said in answer to a question that they did consider getting back the Rebels licence but in the 12th hour funds came through from private owners! Good enough for the Rebels to be rescued but not us!

Champion Contributor sandgroperrugby's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Perth Girl View Post
    Willy will be a busy boy as the Senators have asked him to supply lots of paperwork and also expressed suprise that he didn't appear to know much about what was going on. Geoff Stooke said later that this enquiry was put together pretty quickly and the ARU will be better prepared at the next one but so will we. Try to get to the next one people it will be very interesting!
    How can the ARU be unprepared to face questions on something that they have been working towards for the last 12 odd months.

I would love to see some specific questions to Rob Clark, Andrew Cox and Tim North about information flow and what and when was saaid to VRU, Imperium and the Victorian Government.

Generally speaking you aren’t learning much if your lips are moving!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Perth Girl View Post
    Willy also said in answer to a question that they did consider getting back the Rebels licence but in the 12th hour funds came through from private owners! Good enough for the Rebels to be rescued but not us!
    I took that to mean that those funds were basically an "urgent" cash injection to enable them to meet commitments in the short term. No, as with Andrew Forrest, a guarantee that no further funding requirement from the ARU.

I'd like to see the senators drill down more about ongoing top-up funding to Super Rugby franchises from the savings; whether others will be asked to surrender their licence(s) to get that; whether the privately owned Rebels will be given more; and if not and then become insolvent, would WA be allowed to replace them in order to meet broadcast commitments.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    and if not and then become insolvent, would WA be allowed to replace them in order to meet broadcast commitments.
    I believe Pulver said no to this part. There being no way the Force will be reinstated even if the Rebels go belly up.

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sandgroperrugby View Post
    How can the ARU be unprepared to face questions on something that they have been working towards for the last 12 odd months?
    As a few mates in Sydney have said, the ARU has been totally focussed on culling the Western Force, and has not thought about what has to be done afterwards, once the Force is gone.

Page 20 of 149 FirstFirst ... 10 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 30 70 120 ... LastLast