Page 19 of 149 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 29 69 119 ... LastLast

Thread: Terms of Reference for a Senate Inquiry into the Future of Rugby Union in Australia

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    So: there is another day set down for this inquiry. Then; can the senators, if they are not satisfied that the ARU has acted properly or they need more testimony from them, set further dates. Also when they get all the information they require, what can they then do if they think an injustice has been done?
    The next hearing is set down for 11 Oct. The closing date for receipt of written submissions is 12 Oct. I would imagine that the list of witnesses for the 11 Oct hearing will be drawn up based on the written submissions they have received up to that point. I think the committee is then due to report in November, with recommendations. That is why it is important for us to suggest recommendations in our written submissions.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    So: there is another day set down for this inquiry. Then; can the senators, if they are not satisfied that the ARU has acted properly or they need more testimony from them, set further dates. Also when they get all the information they require, what can they then do if they think an injustice has been done?
    I would suggest the most effective thing would be using the evidence to support criminal charges. They could recomment the government expend any of it's power to enforce change, but I'm not sure what power the Government has in this situation.

Corporations act suggests plenty of penalties, they could cut funding, they could strip the ARU of it's status as a corporate body recognised by Australia, that would mean they lose tax rights, various legal rights etc.

It could make life very difficult for them, but I'd reckon jail terms and significant fines (which might be applied to the ARU directly, or to individuals depending upon the offence) would be a lot more likely to get change happening.

There might be an opportunity to negotiate an exit from some of those penalties to achieve a favorable outcome in the eyes of the government.

C'mon the

vCash
    It'll be interesting to read the spin Panda and Co put on the inquiry.

vCash
    Perhaps ignoring the majority of what went down will be the strategy http://www.skynews.com.au/news/natio...rce-axing.html

C'mon the

vCash
    come on Senators:
    follow the money
    BTW can you EastERN States tossers for one refer to us as WestERN Australia

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

vCash
    The Federal Government provide a lot of funding to the ARU for 7's rugby specifically due to it's inclusion in the Olympics.
    I doubt that the Government would reduce that funding for the same reason.
    The best hope is that something comes out that shows that the ARU got rid of the Force using means that were illegal making the removal Null and Void.
    Other than that Clyne and Co. may get sacked or quit or get a rap over the knuckles but the Force will not be back in Super Rugby.
    There is a slight chance that something may come out that will increase the timeline for the demise of Super Rugby.

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    "The hearing is being held in Perth where disgruntled Force fans spoke to Pulver before he faced questioning by a committee consisting of three West Australian senators."

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

vCash
    Yup, Super Rugby is finito for the Western Force. We have to accept that. Not necessarily a bad thing, it looks terminal anyway, there are positives to running the IPRC when SR folds in 2020

That said, it is far from certain that Clyne will survive this, the rest of the board as well. Clarke could be charged. The ARU might be in for a complete rebuild like Soccer Australia.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Perhaps ignoring the majority of what went down will be the strategy http://www.skynews.com.au/news/natio...rce-axing.html
    I don't understand why he couldn't reveal the size of the TV deal as it's in their financial accounts etc. I must be missing something??

"the ARU’s media statement (dated 10 April 2017) that accompanied the release of the 2016 annual report in which it states, “With the improved broadcast arrangement [which delivered a 148% revenue increase over the previous one] the ARU invested [my emphasis] in strategic priorities including Community Rugby (expenditure grew by $4.1m), Wallabies (expenditure grew by $2.8m) and Sevens (expenditure grew by $1.2m). Super Rugby expenditure increased by $13.8m…”. "

Name:  Table 4.JPG
Views: 431
Size:  123.1 KB

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    As GIGS20 states, how can they go from "improved broadcast deal of 148%" to bankrupt in a year?

follow the money
    Why isn't every financial at his fingertips?

Do we visit the bank manager and say "I'm on about fifty Kay, give us a loan why doncha" and expect one?

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sittingbison View Post
    Yup, Super Rugby is finito for the Western Force. We have to accept that. Not necessarily a bad thing, it looks terminal anyway, there are positives to running the IPRC when SR folds in 2020

That said, it is far from certain that Clyne will survive this, the rest of the board as well. Clarke could be charged. The ARU might be in for a complete rebuild like Soccer Australia.
    And if RugbyWA isn't considering civil action for damages it should be.

Champion
    vCash
    So did they actually see the big spredsheet?

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jules View Post
    Nice one Jules

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jules View Post
    Maybe behind closed doors but i dont think so.he was claiming elements of confidentially.

Champion
    vCash
    So, the ARU are still going on about financials and couldn't even bring information to the enquiry to support their financial modelling? Time for some subpoenas to get to the bottom of this.
    How did the ARU come up with its modelling without imput from RugbyWA?
    Why was Andrew Forrests offer of support ignored in April then a token meeting was set up 4 months later?
    Whay was RugbyWA obstructed from receiving the same loan arrangements as the other 4 franchises?
    Why isn't the ARU able to provide details of its share of broadcast revenue even though it's on record as being $285 million over 5 years (2016-2020)?
    Why was Tim North provided a copy of the Alliance Agreement?
    How come Geoff Stooke says RugbyWA received $5.5 million and Bill Pulver says it is $8 million?
    Why was RugbyWAs broadcast revenue share slowly shrinked for a reduction of $2 million since 2011 while at the same time the Rebels were being gifted loan writeoffs of $13 million?
    Why was RugbyWA not advanced its own future funding from the ARU?
    Why were the 3 bailouts to NSW since 1996 not included in the statements about loans afforded the Reds, Brumbies and Rebels?
    If the ARU has nothing to hide, why didn't they bring all of the relevant information with them?
    Where is the big spreadsheet?

Subpoena away Linda!

6 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Page 19 of 149 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 29 69 119 ... LastLast