Page 103 of 149 FirstFirst ... 3 53 93 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 113 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 2231

Thread: Terms of Reference for a Senate Inquiry into the Future of Rugby Union in Australia

vCash
    David Hawkins nails it! Particularly the ToR on corporate governance. It's so good that someone outside WA took the trouble to make a submission. Thank you Mr Hawkins!

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blueandblack View Post
    If you sort them by State, David Hawkins comes up as NSW - even better!
    An excellent submission. It sits well with my contention a little earlier in this thread that we DO have a lot of support from true Rugby people in the East. Just not the self interested ones from the North Shore and Eastern Suburbs. He has outlined a lot of what has been stated by all of us here in Western Australia. His submission should carry a lot of weight with the senators because he has clearly stated the reasons the current ARU board has acted both unconstitutionally and dishonestly, from the non-biased standpoint of a long term servant of the game.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JSJ View Post
    The one from David Hawkins is great and makes a mockery of the claims by Pulver and Clyne, that it is only WA people that are complaining about the Force being chopped and what a disaster the ARU are,
    A quick google of David Hawkins leads me to Endeavour Hills Rugby club in Vic. Good on you David, if this is you.
    Is it any wonder we have massive chips on our shoulders after the Force culling, as all we ever hear about from the Eastern States is the ARU indoctrinated press justifying the cull.

The Senate Inquiry has provided a voice for the rugby purists in the east who can see the ARU for what it currently is and represents. At last we're actually hearing some voices of reason from the heartland. Well said David - Thank you.

vCash
    outstanding submission. He has stuck to the terms of submission well, used clear and concise factual information in regards to the state of the game to make his point and... hes absolutely correct!!
    From my perspective, its too late to save the Force as it was but we can use this diabolical process as a catalyst to enact change in the Governance of the ARU. Hopefully one day soon we will see a South Australian team or a Tasmanian team playing Professional rugby as well as my Beloved Western Force...
    glass half full...

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Still more than a few submissions missing. There should be far more answers to questions on notice up as there was an October 20th deadline.

Would like to see another hearing too.

'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakkies View Post
    Still more than a few submissions missing. There should be far more answers to questions on notice up as there was an October 20th deadline.

Would like to see another hearing too.
    I received an email from the Inquiry,
    Thank you for your correspondence regarding this inquiry. The Committee is grateful that you have taken the time to write and share your views on this important matter.

The Committee has decided to accept your statement as correspondence. This means that the Committee has noted the issues you have raised, but your statement has not been accepted as a submission and will not be published on the Committee's website. Please note that if you choose to publish your correspondence without the consent of the Committee, it will not be protected by parliamentary privilege.

Champion
    vCash
    Thank god for the passionate rugby people of this country! It was a great submission by David Hawkins, looks like quite a few good submissions for them to look at..

vCash
    Thank you for your correspondence regarding this inquiry. The Committee is grateful that you have taken the time to write and share your views on this important matter.

The Committee has decided to accept your statement as correspondence. This means that the Committee has noted the issues you have raised, but your statement has not been accepted as a submission and will not be published on the Committee's website. Please note that if you choose to publish your correspondence without the consent of the Committee, it will not be protected by parliamentary privilege.
    I had never done anything similar and basically put mine as three questions I thought Pulver and Clyne needed to be asked about the time lines around the alliance agreement and who handed it over to the Rebels . As it turned out they were asked plus plenty more anyway and my "submission" would look very amateurish by comparison to the ones published. So I'm glad it wasn't.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash

When was that sent to you may I ask?

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakkies View Post
    When was that sent to you may I ask?
    19th Oct

vCash
    Well done David Hawkins!!

This board did not support Ewen McKenzie and supported Beale and Hooper who knifed him. This allowed them to move Cheika in to replace the ex Reds coach.
    This board paid Imperium Sports Mismanagement $6m + $750k + $1.8m in creditors without any due diligence (unit trusts??)
    This board wrote off MRRU $13m in loans
    This board wrote off Brumbies loan of $1.4m
    This board paid Pocock his annual salary of $750,000 for his sabbatical year off (and to play in Japan for a few more dollars).
    This board paid to bring Beale ($600k) and Genia ($500k) back to Australia when Cheika requested it.
    This board spent $20m on a new Rugby Headquarters in Moore Park.
    Now this board allowing Israel time off instead of fulfilling his Rugby contract and he still gets his ARU top-ups.

This board is inept and money drunk. They are not fulfilling their own directorial duties, they don't know if they are solvent, almost insolvent or what they are lending the other unions. They have spent countless millions on 13 reviews into Rugby and only implement the one that cost us our club.

NOTHING has been spent on grass roots, revenue from grass roots players has been spent at the management level.

David Hawkins is absolutely spot on. This board has to go.

THAT is why the ARU is broke and will remain border line insolvent.

6 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    and also, a quick $300,000 bet on world cup rugby in Oct 26 2015
    http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/spo...2f10f0820182e6
    because apparently to cover the $3 m bonus they promised the players if they did win

thats more money that cant go to grass roots rugby

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    truth triumphs

vCash
    WA Government's answers to their questions on notice is now up

Inquiry into the future of Rugby Union in Australia - Questions on Notice by
    the Minister for Sport and Recreation

Further to the Public Hearing on Wednesday 11 October 2017, detailed below are
    responses to Questions on Notice.

Question 14
    Hansard page reference: p. 3.

A meeting was requested by the ARU, through Tourism WA to meet with the Minister
    for Tourism to discuss the ARU s desire to explore the opportunity to bring forward
    funds from the Bledisloe Cup Event in 2019. The meeting was scheduled and held on
    Tuesday, 6 June 2017 and attended by Mr Bill Pulver, representing the ARU.

The Minister for Tourism was clear during the discussion, that any potential
    rescheduling of Bledesloe Cup funding, would be contingent on the Western Force
    remaining in the Super Rugby competition.

From the meeting, the ARU would negotiate with Tourism WA on the terms (of
    rescheduling funding, in consultation with State Solicitors). If an agreement was
    reached and the Western Force remained in Super Rugby, the WA Government would
    also have the first option on potential (Rugby) content leading to 2024.

By the 25 July 2017, the ARU was informed that forward payments were available
    subject to confirmation that the Western Force will remain in the Super Rugby
    Competition. The ARU confirmed recept of the offer and advised that it would be taken
    into consideration as part of their modelling.

Question 15

Hansard page reference: pp. 3-4.

The Minister for Tourism made the offer to Bill Pulver, CEO ARU on behalf of the WA
    State Government at the meeting on 6 June 2017.

Question 16

Hansard page reference: p. 4.

Communication before and after the meeting on 6 June 2017 was through an ARU
    Officer, Head of Professional Rugby and A/Executive Director at Tourism WA.

Question 17

Hansard page reference: p. 6.

Minister Murray referred to an event on 10 April 2017 when ARU chief operating
    officers Rob Clarke and Todd Day met with RugbyWA in what was understood to be
    when a decision would be handed down by the ARU.

vCash
    19th Oct
    Never got one myself.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    David Hawkins nails it! Particularly the ToR on corporate governance. It's so good that someone outside WA took the trouble to make a submission. Thank you Mr Hawkins!
    Any way we can get David Hawkins submission to Alan Jones. He'd have a field day with it. It's on the Senate Inquiry web page now so I assume available to the public. Although he may be a bit more focused on a game this weekend at moment..

Last edited by SinBin; 24-10-17 at 14:52.

Page 103 of 149 FirstFirst ... 3 53 93 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 113 ... LastLast