Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Western Force Appeal Dismissed

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wasmute View Post
    From the Horses mouth:

"Inferior package to what Victoria put through" C. Clyne 5/9/17

So much for the criteria (support/crowds/membership/financial)..all comes down to cash and they didn't want Twiggy's $50mill
    It is all bullshit - the truth is they are subservient to SANZAR, made a commitment to drop a team they wouldn't reverse and conned us into a contractual position that gave them the ability to cut us. We were cut because we were legally exposed, the criteria stuff is pure bullshit and they won't admit it.

No integrity, no evidence-based assessment and no real commitment to the game they were supposed to protect and, God forbid, actually grow.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion Contributor sandgroperrugby's Avatar
    vCash
    There is no other reason why we cut then that they could. Performance, Money, spectators, grounds, tv viewership none of it meant anything to them. The selection process is bullshit and I feel sorry for the Rebels supporters and players who got put through the ringer unnecessarily by the ARU to maintain a sham of a selection.

A better package my arse..... NO-ONE in Australian rugby believes that bullshit.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Generally speaking you aren’t learning much if your lips are moving!!!

Champion
    vCash
    I can't believe he had the nerve to get up and say that! I honestly believe this all comes back to this man and his ego!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wasmute View Post
    From the Horses mouth:

"Inferior package to what Victoria put through" C. Clyne 5/9/17

So much for the criteria (support/crowds/membership/financial)..all comes down to cash and they didn't want Twiggy's $50mill
    Inferior package for him, did he mean? What an artful dodger. We all know he and Clarke facilitated the Rebels' move to the VRU. And what exactly have the VRU brought to the table? A balance sheet showing that their total assets exceeed their total liabilities by $23!
    It was $24 but they had to pay Cox $1 so that leaves $23 to fund an entire SuperRugby team compared to Twiggy's $50million.

Yeah, Victoria's package was vastly superior. What kind of a banker was Clyne?

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    Inferior package for him, did he mean? What an artful dodger. We all know he and Clarke facilitated the Rebels' move to the VRU. And what exactly have the VRU brought to the table? A balance sheet showing that their total assets exceeed their total liabilities by $23!
    It was $24 but they had to pay Cox $1 so that leaves $23 to fund an entire SuperRugby team compared to Twiggy's $50million.

Yeah, Victoria's package was vastly superior. What kind of a banker was Clyne?
    Perhaps one that allowed the same thing going on at CBA right now with suspect ATM transactions. Of course, being ignorant of reality, he wouldn't have seen it.

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

Champion
    vCash
    Hansie, you and the other RugbyWA directors can hold your heads up high. The ARU directors will all be forever remembered for this treachery.
    I think we should forget the High court.
    Super rugby a is doomed and will go out of business in 3 years time. We do not need to part of that death by a thousand cuts anymore.

New competition is the way to go. Only restriction should be time zones span of max 4-5 hours. ie Perth to Auckland and northwards on that time zone span.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Player
    vCash
    Go and watch/listen to Matt Hodgson at the press conference. There is a guy that has been dragged through the ringer. That's what it means to us as Force supporters. A team and organisation who have done everything to try and stay in this competition but have been slapped down at every opportunity when others who remain have done less.

What a bloody joke to dare call it the ARU...it doesn't represent us.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sandgroperrugby View Post
    That does not represent fair and reasonable cost at this stage. $1 sounds fair. As far as the ARU are concerned the Force are no more so all cost will be written off.
    Well, they still own the name Western Force and the rights to our logo so it will cost something to get it back. I can see that piece of shit Clyne playing hardball just to stroke his own sense of self importance and be a prick about it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalahard View Post
    Well, they still own the name Western Force and the rights to our logo so it will cost something to get it back. I can see that piece of shit Clyne playing hardball just to stroke his own sense of self importance and be a prick about it.
    The ARU own something that Andrew Forrest/RugbyWA want.

Unfortunately I also see the ARU terming it a "sellers market" and playing hardball.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Macattack View Post
    especially the ones the other ERU clubs will try so hard to capture - they will still have my support because they have stayed loyal to the end of this Super Rugby fiasco.
    I for one wholeheartedly support Adam and Dane doing their level best to bankrupt the ARU through requesting ridiculously high payments for their services, extended sabbaticals on full pay and doing everything they can to squeeze every possible cent out of the heartless bastards.

It would be justice for the Force players to drive the Tahs to insolvency as payback

C'mon the

vCash
    Sit on the beach in Toulouse for a year nursing the hammy while trousering a cool mil, then get the FUBARU to pay out the remaining 5 years of the contract to bring him back to the Tahs.

The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

Rookie
    vCash
    I can appreciate that Dave Wessels will be in high demand, and that he needs to look after his family and his career. However, he really is in the driver's seat here, and hopefully can take the time to find out what this new comp might look like. Lets face it, in Oz, who are his main competitors for a coaching gig?

Player
    vCash
    Hansie, I hope the lawyers are all over Clyne's press conference today. The statements he made are "interesting". As is his body language.

vCash
    Richard Graham, Tony McGahon, Dan McKellar, Nick Styles, Daryl Gibson....all very successful, stiff competition

vCash
    Even if we win some case about ARU being lying cheating thieving scumbags, do we truly now want to rejoin Super Rugby?

TBH until there is a complete renovation of the ARU, the entire board and executive dismissed, a new constitution, new governance with equal votes for all unions, a seperate professional organisation there is no point. We have spent 12 years moaning about being shafted by the fuckers over east, it's never going to change unless the entire system is demolished and rebuilt from the foundations up.

In the meantime the WA Rugby Union (RugbyWA) should cease it's relationship with ARU. Immediately.

Page 9 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 19 ... LastLast