Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Western Force Appeal Dismissed

Champion
    vCash
    Emotionally drained, head is spinning...what a morning.

I was inside a room filled with Champion human beings. The media were fantastic, respectful, polite and kept their distance. Very few dry eyes, the staff and team rock solid in Blue, us guys just marvelling at Hodgo, Blood and the team and realising that we were inside a microcosm of the fans, players and community, supporting the Force across Perth and WA.

18 months ago we asked our parent body if they could help us, just like they had helped others in our super rugby family. We believed we were dealing with honest, committed rugby stalwarts in a position of power. I could not count the number of time we thanked them for their generosity and promised we would do whatever it took to repay them as quickly as we could.

And then disbelief, in April we asked ourselves, "is this the same mob who 12 months ago promised us longevity and publicly stated we were here for the long term?" We then thought " look, lets start the legal process to bring them to the table so we can talk and iron this issue out" Well, the rest is history we got well and truly stitched up.

Well Mr. Cameron Clyne - I can honestly say inside 3 years you and your current operational model is dead. We shall take rugby into a competition structure where we transparently, collaboratively and honestly will work with rugby stalwarts who still believe in the pillars of our code. You may continue your nefarious dealings with your mates and laugh and joke about how you did us over, enjoy that time, because it will be very short lived.

26 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    I hope that when this all gets up an going we actually split from the FUARU and have the WARU who will take and hold subs etc and not a cent leaves this state until such time as the East coast wish to join our comp. Why should we be paying money into their coffers to use in their eastern states game that they don't want us in anyway!

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    May the FORCE be with you!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs View Post
    What I can't work out and haven't heard articulated, ARU have committed to honouring all contracts and reassigning Force players who wish to continue (or words to similar affect), yet all other franchise rosters are full or virtually full.
    Rebels are VERY bare. Rob Clarke is currently helping them set up for next year.

THAT is the end game. Like one of the Rebels posters on GNGR said, the Force will be used as a transplant to save the Rebels, it has probably been like this all along.

Corruption at its finest. You almost have to respect Clarke, if this was his plan all along he has done a fine job.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Love you Hansie :-))

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    So disappointed that Clyne won't be there on Saturday.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Player
    vCash
    No worries hansie you have all done wonderfully we love you all
    we are still all in this together
    Are we able to forge a short term alliance with North Korea?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewM View Post
    So disappointed that Clyne won't be there on Saturday.
    I thought he said he was coming, when did that change?

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    when he saw the man with a violin case

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Will the Force still have a team - players and coaches are signed to the franchise under contract, ARU have said all along they will honour contracts. But what if they want to play under a new "Force" - can the ARU hold them to their contracts under the ARU/Force? The coach would be the first off the list surely, if under contract I could see the ARU holding him to it and sending him off to another super franchise.

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LMSC View Post
    ARU have said all along they will honour contracts
    Why should they start now?

Champion
    vCash
    Twat is making statement now. Can't bring myself to watch him

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansie View Post
    Emotionally drained, head is spinning...what a morning.

I was inside a room filled with Champion human beings. The media were fantastic, respectful, polite and kept their distance. Very few dry eyes, the staff and team rock solid in Blue, us guys just marvelling at Hodgo, Blood and the team and realising that we were inside a microcosm of the fans, players and community, supporting the Force across Perth and WA.
    Hansie and the Rugby WA team.
    You have been magnificent - you have not let us down.

Each year for the past 12 years I have handed over $1,000+ to Rugby WA for my family's Force Gold memberships.

It looks like there won't be anything like a Force membership in 2018.

However, I have parked up the $1,000+ which I would normally have paid at the end of 2017 for our 2018 memberships.
    That money is not going anywhere - it has been tagged "Rugby WA" and it is looking for a home.
    When Rugby WA tells me where to send that money or what to spend it on, then I will.

I hope that the other Gold members from 2017 are thinking that same way and that they too plan to use the money which they would have spent on Force memberships in 2018 on other ways to strengthen rugby union in WA.

7 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Is there ANY possibility that we can retain our players - or are they all lost to us now? I know they all wanted to stay. Who would want to be shunted off to one the other dick teams?

vCash
    From the Horses mouth:

"Inferior package to what Victoria put through" C. Clyne 5/9/17

So much for the criteria (support/crowds/membership/financial)..all comes down to cash and they didn't want Twiggy's $50mill

#FU ARU
    "May I assure you I have just begun to fight mate" Twiggy Forrest, 05/09/17

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by valzc View Post
    Is there ANY possibility that we can retain our players - or are they all lost to us now? I know they all wanted to stay. Who would want to be shunted off to one the other dick teams?
    Surely it is inevitable we will lose some of them, they have no choice but to do what's best for their families, especially the ones the other ERU clubs will try so hard to capture - they will still have my support because they have stayed loyal to the end of this Super Rugby fiasco.

For the rest of us we simply need to start again - thank goodness we have AF, his commitment, his passion and his resources to rebuild in a new competition. We built it from the ground up last time, this time we have an even better base to start from with local rugby even stronger and a highly motivated supporter base - this time without ARU interference.

Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 ... LastLast