Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Western Force Appeal Dismissed

Player
    vCash
    I hope no one from Rugby WA is going to sit with Pulver or Clyne at this game and entertain them as hosts.

Should be.....there's your corporate box, the Esky is in the corner, pies and napkins on the table. Call us if you need some sauce **

** there is no obligation for Rugby WA to provide the ARU with "sauce" under the terms of the Alliance Agreement"

6 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    A team in Perth, one from Samoa, Tonga and Fiji, a team from NZ and 3 asian teams would be a good starting point, even add a second Aussie team, as seen in the NRC, there is plenty of Aussie talent going around and there will be less Super contracts so there will be players available to start up this competition. Get a strong foothold into the Asian markets to underpin the viability of the comp and attract broadcast options and World Rugby funding. Talk to Kerry Stokes, get this new comp shown on free to air to grow the supporter base and leave Super Rugby to wither and die on pay tv. Approach the Premier Grade teams in NSW, Qld and ACT about having representation in the future, same with South Africa and Japan. Get Josephine Sukkar and BuildCorp on board to sponsor the women's component, Twiggys got the business connections to find other sponsors for the mens and 7s.
    Get some of these things in place and this comp could be a bigger goldmine than Super Rugby. Leave SANZAAR to piddle about with the Rugby Championship.

7 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalahard View Post
    A team in Perth, one from Samoa, Tonga and Fiji, a team from NZ and 3 asian teams would be a good starting point, even add a second Aussie team, as seen in the NRC, there is plenty of Aussie talent going around and there will be less Super contracts so there will be players available to start up this competition. Get a strong foothold into the Asian markets to underpin the viability of the comp and attract broadcast options and World Rugby funding. Talk to Kerry Stokes, get this new comp shown on free to air to grow the supporter base and leave Super Rugby to wither and die on pay tv. Approach the Premier Grade teams in NSW, Qld and ACT about having representation in the future, same with South Africa and Japan. Get Josephine Sukkar and BuildCorp on board to sponsor the women's component, Twiggys got the business connections to find other sponsors for the mens and 7s.
    Get some of these things in place and this comp could be a bigger goldmine than Super Rugby. Leave SANZAAR to piddle about with the Rugby Championship.
    Speak to NBC as the new owners of Channel 10 and see if they want to show the new comp, could be a good way to re-brand the sporting arm of Ch 10.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    #FU ARU
    "May I assure you I have just begun to fight mate" Twiggy Forrest, 05/09/17

vCash
    We have to believe this is for the best. Go our own way.super rugby is in no way sustainable anyway.
    Twiggy you're gonna have to pay the coach and staff and players an offer they canf refuse to keep them here

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Player
    vCash
    Hansie and John, you must be feeling lousy at the moment. Understandable but you are not to blame. You accepted in good faith the assurances made by the ARU about the benefits of the Alliance Agreement. I respect you for seeking a better way forward. It is now clear you were deceived and I have nothing but contempt for those who deceived you. Their treachery will be their legacy.

Keep the fight going, not necessarily for reinstatement in Super Rugby (which has a stench of death in any case) but to ensure no other sporting body in this country ever has to endure such deception and betrayal from a national body.

11 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by terrycobner View Post
    We have to believe this is for the best. Go our own way.super rugby is in no way sustainable anyway.
    Twiggy you're gonna have to pay the coach and staff and players an offer they canf refuse to keep them here
    Yes, keeping Dave Wessels would be a damn good start and further stick it right up the ERU clubs that will want him (aka all of them)

vCash
    No Salary Cap!

If the money's there to fund the players then Super Rugby will die.

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveWA View Post
    Hansie and John, you must be feeling lousy at the moment. Understandable but you are not to blame. You accepted in good faith the assurances made by the ARU about the benefits of the Alliance Agreement. I respect you for seeking a better way forward. It is now clear you were deceived and I have nothing but contempt for those who deceived you. Their treachery will be their legacy.

Keep the fight going, not necessarily for reinstatement in Super Rugby (which has a stench of death in any case) but to ensure no other sporting body in this country ever has to endure such deception and betrayal from a national body.
    Very well said! Behind you with this new venture all the way!

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Veteran
    vCash
    man, this is tough. I have patchy internet, and have resorted to sitting in a kiakia looking over the ocean to get decent internet.

but I am gutted and really want to watch those conferences. I'm feeling pretty bleak at the moment.

I wonder if waru or the clubs will move to the new structure, or will it be only professional?

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by terrycobner View Post
    Call jack ma if have not already. From what i have read he would certainly be up for hong kong team china team plus tv rights.
    Please contact him.
    Being super/sanzaar down! Buy the worlds best.money will talk!
    Already ready done is my understanding

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post
    Already ready done is my understanding
    Great news TIF! We are talking serious cash now. Makes twiggy look little league!

Champion
    vCash
    Almost 3 hours later and no response from the excrement that is the ARU. Hiding behind lawyers and the courts, treating the players and fans with contempt. We know they are incapable of leadership, of engaging with the people and are an enemy of transparency and truth. To take so long to release their inevitability bullshit response is pathetic. Liars and shysters, i hope you all rot in hell.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion Contributor sandgroperrugby's Avatar
    vCash
    Pressure the ARU through any means possible to relinquish the Western Force IP for them not to would be petty at this stage. And I know that petty doesn't even begin to quantify their previous behaviour. I look forward to supporting the new competition.

Generally speaking you aren’t learning much if your lips are moving!!!

Champion
    vCash
    Getting the IP back should not be an issue. $800 000 is pocket money for Twiggy.

-1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Player
    vCash
    We need to take this to the high court, the ARU can't be allowed to get away with what they have done. We need to keep the pressure up on State and Federal pollies to get a inquiry going!

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast