Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Western Force Appeal Dismissed

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    Tim Horan - "I think deep down WA will support the Wallabies"

At about the 58 second mark of the link below.

http://www.news.com.au/video/id-5348...ck-to-the-game
    It's a shame I rated him as a player. He has transitioned from his playing career into a clueless git in front of the microphone and in rugby administration. Mark him down as one of the old school brigade never to be gainfully employed when the place is cleaned out and we start over.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Non sunt multiplicanda entia sine necessitate

Champion
    vCash
    I remember at the press conference Twiggy saying info on whether any more legal avenues would be open to them would be released today? Is there any news! While I'm optimistic about the new comp just wondered if there was any more pain we could inflict on the ERU!! I

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jules View Post
    I remember at the press conference Twiggy saying info on whether any more legal avenues would be open to them would be released today? Is there any news! While I'm optimistic about the new comp just wondered if there was any more pain we could inflict on the ERU!! I
    Hopefully announced tomorrow as Eales sits on the stage at the Uni lunch. Would be great to see his reaction.

Player
    vCash
    I hope someone asks Eales at what point did he realise the ARU board was misleading RugbyWA, and when did he realise his own reputation was in tatters as a result for supporting it.

Oh, and does he have adequate directors insurance?

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveWA View Post
    I hope someone asks Eales at what point did he realise the ARU board was misleading RugbyWA, and when did he realise his own reputation was in tatters as a result for supporting it.

Oh, and does he have adequate directors insurance?
    He would need Cameron Clyne's hand removed from his arse to get an honest answer.

I expect more ARU spin.

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BLR View Post
    Hopefully announced tomorrow as Eales sits on the stage at the Uni lunch. Would be great to see his reaction.
    Anyone know were the Uni lunch is being held? I have something that I would like to give back to John Eales

vCash
    It's on at the University Club at UWA.

I just Googled him and found a glowing summary of him on this website:

http://www.celebrityspeakers.com.au/john-eales/

Apparently he's:

"a man whose outstanding qualities extend much further than his exceptional skill on the football field. He is an inspirational leader and business man through both his actions and his relentless determination. John's sense of fair play and genial nature made him one of the most respected figures in the game, and an extraordinary ambassador for sport and Australia.

An in-demand keynote speaker for corporate events, lunches and after-dinner functions, the messages John delivers are invaluable. He inspires and instructs by focusing on the importance of coaching, teamwork and culture within corporations and the necessity for faith in the abilities of team members, particularly in times of change, in order to remain composed in the face of aggressive competition."

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

Player
    vCash
    was .. it's all past tense now

Champion Contributor sandgroperrugby's Avatar
    vCash
    any one else sick of getting these with no actual response.

Thank you for contacting the Australian Rugby Union.

This is an automatically generated response, confirming that we have received your email.

If your enquiry is urgent, please call us on (02) 8005 5555 (Mon - Fri, 9am-5pm AEST).

Statement from the Australian Rugby Union regarding the Western Force Super Rugby License HERE.

Full press conference with ARU Chairman Cameron Clyne and ARU CEO Bill Pulver HERE.

Kind Regards,
    ARU Customer Service Team

Generally speaking you aren’t learning much if your lips are moving!!!

Senior Player
    vCash

I'm puzzled

There are two things which I do not understand about this whole sorry mess.

1. What do the ARU expect the Western Force fans to do with their support and their money in 2018?
      The South Africans at least transferred the Cheetahs and the Kings to another competition and gave the Cheetahs and Kings supporters something to hold on to.
      The ARU are shutting down the Western Force and that's it - there is no quid pro quo.
      There is nothing for the WA Rugby Community once the Force has gone; no substitute competition, no compensatory SR games in Perth, no discounted Fox Sports subscriptions () - sweet FA.
    2. Who the heck leaves $50,000,000 on the table and walks away from it?
      The least visionary and most unimaginative businessman in Australia would try to stitch up some kind of deal to get their hands on that money - but not the ARU.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FingerTips View Post
    There are two things which I do not understand about this whole sorry mess.

1. What do the ARU expect the Western Force fans to do with their support and their money in 2018?
      The South Africans at least transferred the Cheetahs and the Kings to another competition and gave the Cheetahs and Kings supporters something to hold on to.
      The ARU are shutting down the Western Force and that's it - there is no quid pro quo.
      There is nothing for the WA Rugby Community once the Force has gone; no substitute competition, no compensatory SR games in Perth, no discounted Fox Sports subscriptions () - sweet FA.
    2. Who the heck leaves $50,000,000 on the table and walks away from it?
      The least visionary and most unimaginative businessman in Australia would try to stitch up some kind of deal to get their hands on that money - but not the ARU.
    Mate come on you support the Wallabies and then in this order pick another team. Warratahs, Reds, Brumbies and the Rebels ( last because do you want to change again post 2020 when we trash them as well). This will come out in another press release later as the preferred engagement strategy from the ARU as to how to support the Western Australian Rugby Public.

Generally speaking you aren’t learning much if your lips are moving!!!

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sandgroperrugby View Post
    Mate come on you support the Wallabies and then in this order pick another team. Warratahs, Reds, Brumbies and the Rebels ( last because do you want to change again post 2020 when we trash them as well). This will come out in another press release later as the preferred engagement strategy from the ARU as to how to support the Western Australian Rugby Public.
    Sorry mate, I think I must be reading this the wrong way :.
    So the ARU's preferred engagement strategy will be that I and the war office continue to attend the Bledisloe tests in Sydney each year (or wherever in 2018, 2019 etc), continue to attend whatever tests the Wallabies might play in Perth each year and purchase two 2018 Platinum tickets to say the Brumbies and then fly to Canberra each weekend when the Brumbies are playing at home?

Assuming 8 home games for the Brumbies in 2018, the total cost of that would be
    • 2 x Platinum Brumbies memberships (@$400 each) - $800
    • 16 return airfares to Canberra (8 x 2 x $575) - $9,200
    • 16 nights accommodation for 2 adults, single room (@$200 per night) - $3,200
    • Incidentals for 8 return trips Perth-Canberra (@$100 per trip) - $800
    • TOTAL - $14,000

That works out at $875 per seat per game.

vCash
    So the ARU's preferred engagement strategy will be that I and the war office continue to attend the Bledisloe tests in Sydney each year (or wherever in 2018, 2019 etc), continue to attend whatever tests the Wallabies might play in Perth each year and purchase two 2018 Platinum tickets to say the Brumbies and then fly to Canberra each weekend when the Brumbies are playing at home?

• TOTAL - $14,000

You are on the right path just Find/Replace brumbies with Waratahs and ding ding ding your a winner.

Oh I almost forgot to support grassroots could you also come across to a few Shute Sheild games.

vCash

• TOTAL - $14,000

Firstly, $100 incidentals per trip? For two of you for 2 days? That's $25/person/day. That barely covers meals, yet alone drinks (and taxis).

Secondly, I'm a little worried. My 2017 membership was automatically renewed because the ARU had my credit card details from 2016. What's to stop them "accidentally" renewing my membership for 2018 and leaving me chasing them for $500?

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh View Post

Secondly, I'm a little worried. My 2017 membership was automatically renewed because the ARU had my credit card details from 2016. What's to stop them "accidentally" renewing my membership for 2018 and leaving me chasing them for $500?
    Their demonstrated competence and integrity?

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast