Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Western Force Appeal Dismissed

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sittingbison View Post
    Even if we win some case about ARU being lying cheating thieving scumbags, do we truly now want to rejoin Super Rugby?

TBH until there is a complete renovation of the ARU, the entire board and executive dismissed, a new constitution, new governance with equal votes for all unions, a seperate professional organisation there is no point. We have spent 12 years moaning about being shafted by the fuckers over east, it's never going to change unless the entire system is demolished and rebuilt from the foundations up.

In the meantime the WA Rugby Union (RugbyWA) should cease it's relationship with ARU. Immediately.
    Well if damages were involved this could bankrupt the ARU to the level they will cease to exist. Therefore pushing through the change needed.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Just saw Cameron Clyne on Fox Sports news. Have some questions for RugbyWA peeps but I need to let my anger subside so my brain can work.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    Just saw Cameron Clyne on Fox Sports news. Have some questions for RugbyWA peeps but I need to let my anger subside so my brain can work.

Rugby WA just released a statement. He's a lying toe rag!!

Player
    vCash

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    I couldn't believe he was actually on the radio still spouting this drivel. These guys are living in their own little micro universe. Have you ever heard a successful litigant kick the lower (especially after being awarded damages)? He WON ffs, jeebus give it a rest and bask in the glory.

Reminds me of Bard....he dos't protesteth too much

The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Also, HAVE YOU SEEN SOME OF THE FLIGHT SPECIALS TO ASIA RECENTLY!?!?!?!
    #tourlife
    I said it before get Tony Fernandez on board he loves sport,,Air Asia to kl then the whole of Asia

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    I might be alone in this point of view, but a lot of good game out of today. Super Rugby is dying and truth be told I think it will be terminal. Although it might have been nice to stay in the competition, at least we can get a head start on preparing for life after Super Rugby. I don't know what will happen with the Perth Spirit but the competition that Twiggy is looking to set up could either (a) surpass anything else the ARU can come up with post-Super Rugby or (b) at the very least keep enough strength in the local competition that we can be reintegrated to a new competition once Super Rugby is done and dusted (if the Indo-Pacific competition isn't strong enough). There needs to be a domestic competition- you can see this by the fan turn outs for the Shute Shield or the 4000-5000 at McGilvray last weekend. The ARU (lets be fair they aren't good decision makers) needs to put all the eggs in the NRC basket and do away with Super Rugby that Aussie fans (and the Saffas and the Kiwis) just aren't in to anymore.

That doesn't mean to say that I wouldn't be really, really happy if a disgruntled fan went and broke Cameron Clyne's legs (or maybe just busted up a knee)- any takers?

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    couple of ccjournos denigrating the idea because it will be "NRL staandard" because "no big names would give up a wallaby jersey to play"

I beg to differ on the big name point. I reckon given recent press Taf would be in, Dane is a shot and maybe even Adam if the deal is right.

If twiggy could announce those three, along with some others on the fringes (like Alex Newsmen, who will never replace Andrew Kellaway or Billy Meakes who will never be more than a tackle bag while Beale is walking) there might start to be some pressure on the ARU to recognise.

Notwithstanding, the comp will develop into a step above Nrc and will easily replace Super Rugby when it dies in three years.

I say any team that wants to enter before 2020 Plays for free, after that there is an entry fee.

C'mon the

Player
    vCash
    Gigs also aim to bring back some Wallabies or contenders, including: McMahon, Gill, and others.

Champion
    vCash
    Yes reading a lot of negativity about the idea! Gees people let's see the idea first.. wonder if the honey badger could be persuaded to get on board he'd be a great spokesman 😊

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion Contributor sandgroperrugby's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    couple of ccjournos denigrating the idea because it will be "NRL staandard" because "no big names would give up a wallaby jersey to play"

I beg to differ on the big name point. I reckon given recent press Taf would be in, Dane is a shot and maybe even Adam if the deal is right.

If twiggy could announce those three, along with some others on the fringes (like Alex Newsmen, who will never replace Andrew Kellaway or Billy Meakes who will never be more than a tackle bag while Beale is walking) there might start to be some pressure on the ARU to recognise.

Notwithstanding, the comp will develop into a step above Nrc and will easily replace Super Rugby when it dies in three years.

I say any team that wants to enter before 2020 Plays for free, after that there is an entry fee.
    I think those three (Taf, Ads and HP) are locked into Wallabies contracts so not easy to break. The east coast are schmucks and are not thinking of the BIG NAMES in WORLD RUGBY. Why go after current wallabies when there are so many other players around the world that can attract attentions and bring the standard of the game up.

i mean i do not know what and when contracts are up but there are plenty of ex tier one nation players plying their trades around the globe and i am not talking players that are past it. Also the tier two nations have lots of quality players supplemented with there or there abouts Super players from the Australia and other countries and you could put a pretty competitive competition together that people want to watch. when and where do i sign up.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Generally speaking you aren’t learning much if your lips are moving!!!

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sandgroperrugby View Post
    I think those three (Taf, Ads and HP) are locked into Wallabies contracts so not easy to break. The east coast are schmucks and are not thinking of the BIG NAMES in WORLD RUGBY. Why go after current wallabies when there are so many other players around the world that can attract attentions and bring the standard of the game up.

i mean i do not know what and when contracts are up but there are plenty of ex tier one nation players plying their trades around the globe and i am not talking players that are past it. Also the tier two nations have lots of quality players supplemented with there or there abouts Super players from the Australia and other countries and you could put a pretty competitive competition together that people want to watch. when and where do i sign up.
    Coleman and TPN don't have contracts. And others can get out of their contracts.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jules View Post
    Yes reading a lot of negativity about the idea! Gees people let's see the idea first.. wonder if the honey badger could be persuaded to get on board he'd be a great spokesman 😊
    I am all for the Badger to be on the promotional staff

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Transiting View Post
    Coleman and TPN don't have contracts. And others can get out of their contracts.
    Would not be surprised to see Billy Meakes be baptisted as another Wallaby this weekend. Really want it to happen but again Cheika gains another as well as the recent Curtis Rona.

One Team - One Dream - Go The Western Force

vCash
    I'm right with James on this. The only thing I'm disappointed in is not seeing how the current players and coaches could have gone on.
    Also, though, I would not like to see any of them pass on Australian honours. They deserve to be the best they can. Keeping a great job does not mean you have to like or respect the chairman of the board. Especially if he is a pathological liar with no saving graces.

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 ... LastLast