View Poll Results: I will

Voters
147. This poll is closed
  • Be going to the Test as a Wallaby Supporter in Gold & Green

    6 4.08%
  • Be going to the Test as a Wallaby Supporter in Blue

    49 33.33%
  • Be going to the Test as a Springbok Supporter in Green & Gold

    0 0%
  • Be going to the Test as a Springbok Supporter in Blue

    12 8.16%
  • Be outside protesting

    13 8.84%
  • Be watching at a pub or clubhouse

    3 2.04%
  • Be watching at home or friends house

    25 17.01%
  • Not be able to watch (ie not protest related)

    10 6.80%
  • Be meh...

    4 2.72%
  • What Test?

    25 17.01%
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 184

Thread: Wallabies v Springboks 2017

  1. #16
    Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    West Leederville
    Posts
    14,719
    vCash
    73278000
    Dry July! Tong Master 141 Club Award TWF Contributor! TWF Competition Winner!
    I'm out until the Force are in

    2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by The InnFORCEr; 01-09-17 at 09:56.
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

    Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

    Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

  2. #17
    Immortal jargan83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Earth Capital
    Posts
    19,107
    vCash
    200000
    141 Club Award The Bronze Star of Faith
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Good, I was thinking that I might be alone in that opinion.

    I will however be at the Spirit match on Sunday, personally think it would send a better message to the ARU for more people to turn out and watch the Spirit than turn out to watch the Wallatahs.

    You you think we can get 5000 to the hill?
    The ARU are the custodians of the game here in Australia, they are supposed to promote the game, grow the game.

    Instead they have stabbed one of their own Unions in the back. Sold out to allow the Sunwolves to compete in the Australian conference. In fact in recent weeks it has begun to look like they have actively sought out ways to shaft the Rugby population of WA.

    Just because a court is potentially going to tell the ARU to act in the best interests of the game doesn't mean I'm going to suddenly think they're awesome. The ARU is banking on the anger over here eventually subsiding.

    This saga is a stain on the game that will last for decades to come that could have been avoided had the ARU used it's veto power to act in the interests of all of Australia Rugby. Not just the established club scene in Sydney and Brisbane who in my opinion for a set up that has been around for over 100 years has very little right to continue to cry poor.

    I was going to say I will never go to a Wallabies Test, but who knows, my anger may subside in the coming years. Not bloody likely at the moment though.

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  3. #18
    Immortal Contributor jono's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    10,470
    vCash
    5558000
    Dry July! TWF Contributor! MO-vember Donator The Bronze Star of Faith
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    The ARU are the custodians of the game here in Australia, they are supposed to promote the game, grow the game.

    Instead they have stabbed one of their own Unions in the back. Sold out to allow the Sunwolves to compete in the Australian conference. In fact in recent weeks it has begun to look like they have actively sought out ways to shaft the Rugby population of WA.

    Just because a court is potentially going to tell the ARU to act in the best interests of the game doesn't mean I'm going to suddenly think they're awesome. The ARU is banking on the anger over here eventually subsiding.

    This saga is a stain on the game that will last for decades to come that could have been avoided had the ARU used it's veto power to act in the interests of all of Australia Rugby. Not just the established club scene in Sydney and Brisbane who in my opinion for a set up that has been around for over 100 years has very little right to continue to cry poor.

    I was going to say I will never go to a Wallabies Test, but who knows, my anger may subside in the coming years. Not bloody likely at the moment though.
    well said Jargs.

    I'm hoping that i'll be a bit less pissed off come 2035 for the Lions series. Whether the Force get reinstated or not, at this point in time i can't see myself going to another wallabies game before then unless we play the USA over here, and if that happens i'll be wearing a USA jersey anyway.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    I STILL HAVE FAITH!!!

  4. #19
    Veteran Contributor hertryk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Stirling
    Posts
    4,862
    vCash
    5112000
    Adam Coleman and Meeksey have gone on FB requesting we wear Blue to the game..our Force boys need our support and to see a Sea of Blue would be awesome.. In my very humble opinion I think it will show the world (or whoever is watching the game) that we are not to underestimated in our fight!! .

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  5. #20
    Player
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Kalamunda
    Posts
    263
    vCash
    5164000
    Quote Originally Posted by sandgroperrugby View Post
    Ticket sales must be dire. I just went onto Ticketmaster with a request for a block of ten (the maximum allowed online) and there are 47 blocks of ten available. Two weeks out from an international test and 47 instances of 10 seats in a row available!
    I'm not so sure about that. Two mates are flying from CT for the test and asked me yesterday to get them 2 tickets. I couldn't get two side by side seats in a Platinum block yesterday and had to settle for 2 Gold seats instead.

    It looks like a lot of SAs are coming to this test. Besides the 2 from the Cape, there's a bunch of people who I work with heading this way next week (they bought their tickets in RSA), including half the mine planning departments from a couple of coal mines in Witbank (oops, sorry - that should be "Emalahleni" ).

    I think I'm with Hansie on this one.
    While I don't want to financially help the ARU, I do want to show those Sydney centric snobs in St Leonards that they cannot and will not kill off the sport of rugby union in Western Australia, in spite of their obfuscations, distortions, half-truths and complete lack of common decency towards the government and people of Western Australia. So I hope that I see a sell-out crowd at nib, wearing either blue or green, with not a single yellow beanie or scarf to be seen anywhere.

    2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  6. #21
    Champion Contributor sandgroperrugby's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Wattle Grove
    Posts
    1,758
    vCash
    5548000
    TWF Contributor!
    Quote Originally Posted by FingerTips View Post
    I'm not so sure about that. Two mates are flying from CT for the test and asked me yesterday to get them 2 tickets. I couldn't get two side by side seats in a Platinum block yesterday and had to settle for 2 Gold seats instead.

    It looks like a lot of SAs are coming to this test. Besides the 2 from the Cape, there's a bunch of people who I work with heading this way next week (they bought their tickets in RSA), including half the mine planning departments from a couple of coal mines in Witbank (oops, sorry - that should be "Emalahleni" ).

    I think I'm with Hansie on this one.
    While I don't want to financially help the ARU, I do want to show those Sydney centric snobs in St Leonards that they cannot and will not kill off the sport of rugby union in Western Australia, in spite of their obfuscations, distortions, half-truths and complete lack of common decency towards the government and people of Western Australia. So I hope that I see a sell-out crowd at nib, wearing either blue or green, with not a single yellow beanie or scarf to be seen anywhere.
    The majority of those seats I mentioned came up in the gold area not the platinum. Easy way to find out for yourself type in 10 tickets and see what comes up.

    Those gold seats are $100 plus.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  7. #22
    Champion chibi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Chinatown, Roe St
    Posts
    1,891
    vCash
    5484000
    Certainly reckon someone at RugbyWA should be thinking of pacing blue placards on the seats for people to hold up during the game. Either that or have someone hand them out outside the ground on match day. If it's raining, hand out free blue ponchos.


    4 Not allowed! Not allowed!


    Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

    Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

  8. #23
    Immortal Contributor
    Moderator
    Burgs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Country WA
    Posts
    21,564
    vCash
    50000
    MO-vember Donator Member of the Order of TWF TWF Contributor!
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    I'm hoping that i'll be a bit less pissed off come 2035 for the Lions series.
    WOW!!! Can hold a grudge

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "Bloody oath we did!"

    Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

  9. #24
    Immortal Contributor jono's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    10,470
    vCash
    5558000
    Dry July! TWF Contributor! MO-vember Donator The Bronze Star of Faith
    Quote Originally Posted by Burgs View Post
    WOW!!! Can hold a grudge
    HA! oops. who put those keys next to each other?!?!

    (full disclosure, it was actually because I remembered i'll be 35 when they tour next as i was typing it)

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    I STILL HAVE FAITH!!!

  10. #25
    Player
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Bassendean
    Posts
    379
    vCash
    180000
    For those going, just been told the Corner Post will be open at the match. You will need to bring your Force membership to get in.

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  11. #26
    Senior Player
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    500
    vCash
    146000
    Quote Originally Posted by DazloT View Post
    For those going, just been told the Corner Post will be open at the match. You will need to bring your Force membership to get in.
    And it's a Force membership per person going in, isn't it? Looked completely dead last test.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  12. #27
    Immortal Contributor shasta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Mandurah
    Posts
    11,327
    vCash
    5564000
    The Bronze Star of Faith TWF Contributor!
    Quote Originally Posted by DazloT View Post
    For those going, just been told the Corner Post will be open at the match. You will need to bring your Force membership to get in.
    Wonder if the Corner Post has invited Messrs Clyne, Eales & Pulver for a friendly post game drink and a chat with the members.

    3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

  13. #28
    Player Leo86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    223
    vCash
    5556000
    it should be like the bundy bar where your membership could bring along someone else.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  14. #29
    Immortal GIGS20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Rockingham
    Posts
    17,064
    vCash
    1200000
    The Bronze Star of Faith
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Wonder if the Corner Post has invited Messrs Clyne, Eales & Pulver for a friendly post game drink and a chat with the members.
    That would be enough to convince me to buy a ticket.


    I'd even be happy to supply my own rotten fruit

    3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

  15. #30
    Immortal Contributor
    Moderator
    Burgs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Country WA
    Posts
    21,564
    vCash
    50000
    MO-vember Donator Member of the Order of TWF TWF Contributor!
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Wonder if the Corner Post has invited Messrs Clyne, Eales & Pulver for a friendly post game drink and a chat with the members.
    Attachment 5031

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "Bloody oath we did!"

    Nathan Sharpe, Legend.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Wallabies vs Spring boks - September 9 2017
    By jargan83 in forum Wallabies
    Replies: 146
    Last Post: 07-09-17, 14:43
  2. Wallabies v All Blacks 2017
    By GIGS20 in forum Wallabies
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 20-07-17, 21:04
  3. Wallabies vs Scotland Sydney 2017
    By volvo in forum Wallabies
    Replies: 64
    Last Post: 19-06-17, 09:22
  4. Wallabies 2017
    By Kalahard in forum Wallabies
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 31-05-17, 14:58
  5. Wallabies in the sun for 2017 June Series
    By volvo in forum Wallabies
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 03-11-16, 13:15

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •