Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 16 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 LastLast

Thread: Injunction / Appeal hearing - Rugby vs ARU! 23.08.2017

vCash
    Well, according to the article Eales volunteered to come and speak. Credit for that at least. I didn't have too many problems with what Smith wrote in the article TBH. One sticks out though......

There are many reasons why they would feel compelled to fight on, but perhaps one of the less noble reasons would be to stretch out the courtroom battles indefinitely, so that SANZAAR is left with no *option but to include the Perth club, at least for next season, while the lawyers duke it out.
    Really? When you are pretty much in a fight to the death? He quoted the example of South Sydney's fight. They had the likes of Ray Martin, Andrew Denton, and Nick Griener heading up their fight and had to carry that fight after all their players moved on. Since they won the day there has been nobody saying that the course they took was "less noble" What is your problem here Wayne?? If necessary it will keep our players and coaches doing what they do best, and more importantly keep Melbourne's maulers off them.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blue View Post
    Interesting Article from Wayne Smith:

It will be interesting to observe which directors show up in Perth for the Springbok Test next Saturday, although special commendation should go to John Eales, who not only is going but has volunteered to be guest speaker at the University of Western Australia Rugby Club lunch where he will attempt to explain the board’s *decisions. Courage like that Australian rugby could use more of.
    Eales doesn't usually volunteer to be a guest speaker at these rugby luncheon's, he normally charges around ten thousand dollars, don't know if he's doing this one for free but that is his going rate to squeeze every last cent out of grassroots rugby.

In comparison Geoff Stooke is speaking at Wests luncheon on the same day and insisted on paying for his wife and his own ticket for the privilege.

Spot the difference between a true diehard rugby man with values and integrity and a corporate type nobody that is an embarrassment to the game.

The word courage and John Eales should not be used in the same sentence.

6 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

vCash
    "Rugby recession we had to have"? Get farked.

Looks like Wayne Smith is singing from a different hymn sheet now. He must be back in with the ARU.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Really? When you are pretty much in a fight to the death? He quoted the example of South Sydney's fight. They had the likes of Ray Martin, Andrew Denton, and Nick Griener heading up their fight and had to carry that fight after all their players moved on. Since they won the day there has been nobody saying that the course they took was "less noble" What is your problem here Wayne?? If necessary it will keep our players and coaches doing what they do best, and more importantly keep Melbourne's maulers off them.
    Regarding the "less noble reason" I alluded to it earlier this week on this site (I notice that Wayne indicated that component of the strategy wasn't noble, but appeared to completely ignore any idea that plagiarism is ignoble) and I support it 100% when we consider the mountain of lies, corruption, obfuscation and bias from the other side of the fight, I'm totally up to be a little less than noble. And I won't stop calling ARU board members lying cheating sacks of shit, regardless of their gender.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

vCash
    What's with Clyne defending the female members of the board? Maskirovka?

The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    Why can't we do the FO-ORCE chant like we do at every Force game?

If the guys in the shed can start it, I'm sure the whole stadium will be belting it out in no time! Maybe do it just as they kick off and then regularly throughout the game when the TV cameras are all rolling!

That would be simply AWESOME!!
    I actually preferred the monosylabic FORCE chant that went up at the rally. Its much more FORCEful than the FOR----CE.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    ....."Some of the abuse they have been subjected to has become vile and personal. Clyne’s defence of the three female directors on the board was well-intentioned and protective, although I’m not sure that they would have especially welcomed it. In their minds, they are not “female” directors, just *directors and they would have been prepared to take criticism like any other board members. Still, no one, man or woman, *deserves to be vilified, especially when they are doing what they perceive as their difficult and necessary duty. So, in a word to their critics, clean it up, huh?"
    If you can't take the heat, then stay out of the kitchen.

vCash
    Do we have a link to a copy of the ALLIANCE Agreement? I don't believe I've even seen it published, and it's been playing on my mind as to Clause 2 that Judge Hammer was mentioning.

vCash
    Interesting article from Wayne Smith, considering he has been quite strong in our corner. Is this a case of trying to cover all bases or is the tide turning?

Perhaps the board is close to imploding and this is the start of a eulogy?

Or perhaps the ARU's plan to drag this process long enough (4 months to make a decision already made) that the East Coast is starting to get fed up and seeing us as the ones who should give ground.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by valzc View Post
    Do we have a link to a copy of the ALLIANCE Agreement? I don't believe I've even seen it published, and it's been playing on my mind as to Clause 2 that Judge Hammer was mentioning.
    I spent a couple of hours during the week looking for it. No luck.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BLR View Post
    Interesting article from Wayne Smith, considering he has been quite strong in our corner. Is this a case of trying to cover all bases or is the tide turning?

Perhaps the board is close to imploding and this is the start of a eulogy?

Or perhaps the ARU's plan to drag this process long enough (4 months to make a decision already made) that the East Coast is starting to get fed up and seeing us as the ones who should give ground.
    Well we have known since April when the initial injunction was filed that they wanted us to give ground - they wanted us to just accept it and die.

Player
    vCash
    Any one going to that lunch that John Eales is now heading?. I would be shitted off if I had paid for a ticket expecting Bobby Skinstad and then got Eales. I would be wanting my money back!

vCash
    Me too PerthGirl! What a terrible let down!

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Perth Girl View Post
    Any one going to that lunch that John Eales is now heading?. I would be shitted off if I had paid for a ticket expecting Bobby Skinstad and then got Eales. I would be wanting my money back!
    I think it's Uni's rugby lunch. Hopefully he gets a hell of a serve, one after another. Even if he asks to only keep it to rugby questions, keep it coming.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BLR View Post
    Even if he asks to only keep it to rugby questions, keep it coming.
    They are rugby questions, they're about how and why he fucked rugby

C'mon the

Page 26 of 30 FirstFirst ... 16 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 LastLast