Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: ARU opens door to helping hand from Twiggy Forrest - (Maybe?)

vCash
    John Eales blamed his naivety on following his coach and Co in the turning the Wallabies back on the Haka at the beginning of a Test, something he "says" he regrets....Well he can't blame his naivety on his decision on throwing the Force out.. BUT he's still a sheep and following his Masters.. I hope he regrets this decision too in a few years.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    I hope he doesn't get the chance to regret this decision, I hope it's all about him regretting his inability to lock the decision away and how he lost his seat on the board through not being able to deliver

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

Senior Player
    vCash
    Forrest finally gets to meet with ARU
    Justin Chadwick
    Monday, 21 August 2017 5:19PM

Billionaire mining magnate Andrew Forrest will meet with the ARU on Tuesday in a bid to convince the governing body to overturn their decision to axe the Western Force.
    Forrest and former RugbyWA chairman Geoff Stooke will meet with ARU chairman Cameron Clyne, and board members John Eales and Brett Robinson at lunchtime.
    The ARU have repeatedly knocked back invites to meet with Forrest to discuss the future of the Western Force.
    But Forrest has finally been granted his wish - and he agreed to hold the meeting in Adelaide so as to limit the amount of travel Clyne, Eales, and Robinson would need to make.
    Stooke quit his post on the ARU board in protest to the decision to axe the Force.
    He says the ARU should retain all five Australian franchises, rather than rip rugby out of WA.
    Stooke says if the Force are shut down now, WA will never again embrace a professional rugby franchise.
    Pressure is mounting on the ARU to reverse their decision to axe the Force.
    The Western Australian government is exploring the possibility of suing the ARU for more than $100 million unless the Force are reinstated.
    RugbyWA, who are being backed by Forrest, will find out on Wednesday whether they can appeal the Force's axing to the NSW Supreme Court.
    Forrest has already pledged to bankroll any potential future losses by the Force.

https://thewest.com.au/sport/rugby-u...u-ng-s-1762964

About time.....

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Is sanity finally going to prevail #savetheforce

Interesting that the are making a potential benefactor travel to Adelaide to meet them, even if the offer come from Mr Forrest

Is the pressure or should I say in Matts words common sense is finally going to surface

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

vCash
    Hopefully Eales and Robinson are there because so many of their former team mates have told them how wrong their decision is and are imploring them to rescind it. Looks like the CEO is still benched.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Champion
    vCash
    I think it will depend on the amount of money AF throws their way! But I have no doubt who will rule that meeting! Go Andrew and Geoff

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    I'll assume the WA state government threatening to bankrupt the ARU may have played a part as well.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    I'll assume the WA state government threatening to bankrupt the ARU may have played a part as well.
    Bingo, if the earu are smart they'll reinstate the force in return for twiggy simply calling off the attack dogs. There may also have been a phone call from a Mr pichot after the threat by somebody who could afford to do so to challenge world rugby's monopoly

C'mon the

vCash
    I honestly can't see Clyne, the arrogant up his own arse twat that he is even bothering to come to the table with an open mind. He's only displayed pure arrogant stubbornness in all his dealings and I'll bet he's been forced to turn up by pressure from the rest of the Board. The pressure on all of them must be starting to hit home, and maybe what the costs will be is finally starting to sink in. I foresee Clyne continuing to act like the klutz he is & refusing to back down. If so I hope the boys hit him with every threat they have!
    Wonder if they took some stickers with them?

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hertryk View Post
    John Eales blamed his naivety on following his coach and Co in the turning the Wallabies back on the Haka at the beginning of a Test, something he "says" he regrets....Well he can't blame his naivety on his decision on throwing the Force out.. BUT he's still a sheep and following his Masters.. I hope he regrets this decision too in a few years.
    Sorry to go off topic - but did anyone actually watch some foxtel today and think "thank fuck I don't have to see anymore of those bloody ads about Eales and the freaken haka?"

I know I did.
    Stupid concept for a special as well. So he turned his back twice. Still faced it loads. But hey - if fox want to pay him bucketloads to appease his guilt on a working holiday, good luck to him. He needed some time off after ruining rugby for a country he once represented.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    There may also have been a phone call from a Mr pichot after the threat by somebody who could afford to do so to challenge world rugby's monopoly
    Ha! I never thought of that.

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

vCash
    So why, after all this time with Patsy Clone going it alone with Willy Puller obediently sitting schtum in the background, have Sales and Robbo suddenly appeared on the scene? I agree with Val, after days of zero response at all there is no way Patsy was suddenly going to meet.
    However it shows the true nature of the man (I use that term loosely) that he organised the meeting for Adelaide. All parties have to travel. What a tosser, showing ZERO respect to a guy that has offered his own money to get those useless twats FUBARU out of bankruptcy. I know what the CEO of NAB would think if I demanded he come to the farm to discuss my mortgage. Dickhead

The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Dear Twiggy, if Bonnie and Clyde offer a musical interlude after lunch and pull out a violin case...RUN!

vCash
    I bet ya Clone still pushes his BS contrived spreadsheet at the meeting to justify the cull. Only for Twiggy to absolutely shaft him with facts.

Clone: You see Twiggy, while I really sympathise with the hurt this has caused (cough), this mother of all spreadsheets shows with out any doubt what so ever, that there was no other option but to chop the Force so we could invest in grass roots .. (Viz the entitled rugby heartland)

Twiggy: ....

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SinBin View Post

Twiggy: ....
    (Pulls out Ali's spreadsheet) well how the hell do explain this then?

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast