Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: The $20 million deal that punted the Western Force out of Super Rugby

vCash
    I think we should make it an absolute PR disaster for the ARU - they think they have got there money now from their deal with the Devil.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    MCG 100 000 capacity at $100 a ticket = $10 million
    Perth new stadium 60 000 capacity at $100 a ticket = $6 million

Benefit to ARU $4 million per test x 3 tests = $12 million

So to make and extra $12 million from these test matches, the ARU is now liable for up to $95 million to make the extra $12 million. That still leaves the ARU up to $83 million out of pocket.

Please can someone with a bit of accounting nous check my calculations so we can spread the information correctly, thankyou in advance.

vCash
    Good article. Finally it shows why we are so screwed. Now it seems only legal challenges will prevail.

Again ... Anyone who is against this sacking of the Force should stay away from the Wallabies. This ARU, VRU, QRU and NSWRU are pissing themselves laughing at us mugs from the West. Time to Secede in a rugby sense as this ARU is killing us.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Get me inside a boardroom and I'll get any decision I want

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sack & crac View Post
    Good article. Finally it shows why we are so screwed. Now it seems only legal challenges will prevail.

Again ... Anyone who is against this sacking of the Force should stay away from the Wallabies. This ARU, VRU, QRU and NSWRU are pissing themselves laughing at us mugs from the West. Time to Secede in a rugby sense as this ARU is killing us.
    This comment appeared overnight in an opinion piece about the sacking of the Force:
    "It has been a painfully drawn-out saga for the ARU and Aussie rugby fans, but now the decision has arrived, it is in this writer’s opinion that we shut this upsetting chapter, move on, and continue to do what’s best for rugby."

Move on? Where to? Best for who?

If you are a Queensland, NSW, ACT or Victorian rugby supporter, then you will move on by purchasing your memberships to next year's Super Rugby competition and attending your team's matches in 2018. And that will probably be a best option for you.

What in f*ck's name are the folk in WA supposed to do?
    Where the heck do we move on to?

At least the SARU have given the Cheetahs and Kings supporters somewhere to move to.
    All the EARU has given the Force supporters is a "hope you are not lost to the game forever" - if we don't know where to go, then we are lost.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    Yes it's best when it's not your bloody team!

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    It's like JE mentioned before, the furore will die down after the initial decision... then, if and when we become a real pain in the ass & start getting in the way of next seasons arrangements, the average East coast Joe will turn on us & question we won't just piss of and die quietly.......

Well, average Joe can go fu@k himself! Lets keep the stink on!!!

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Great game, Fucken battled right through to the 80!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WFDom View Post
    yup

C'mon the

vCash
    Posting it again coz...fuck em

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

vCash
    Hear, hear

vCash
    It's like JE mentioned before, the furore will die down after the initial decision...

Alan Jones is still going. Puller, Clone and Clunk must be spewing if he got the Baa Baas coaching gig to get him to STFU.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Alan Jones is still going. Puller, Clone and Clunk must be spewing if he got the Baa Baas coaching gig to get him to STFU.
    I wouldn't be surprised, I still remember the article that claimed RUPA had been offered by the ARU an increased salary cap and a redistribution/cancelling of top ups if they didn't oppose the cutting of a team.

May not be true but judging on RUPA's piss poor performance during this period & ARU's shady dealing in regards to the VRU transfer I would be thinking they have put all kinds of deals together to get rid of us. Someone has been reading 'The Prince'.

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalahard View Post
    The money stays in the state, with a development centre and rectangular fields for junior teams built in conjunction with La Trobe University.
    Are they seriously saying that for $20M the Victorian Government is going to spend to buy a bunch of Bledisloe and Lions games (that they'll make back in tourism), and the ARU is going to gift 25% of it to the Rebels and the rest to build a new wing at La Trobe University?

They're not short of money then.

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    From GAGR: (http://www.greenandgoldrugby.com/com...54#post-962854)

"WE told you here a few weeks back about the 10-year content deal being negotiated between the Victorian government, the VRU, the Rebels and the ARU.

Our sources down Mexico way say is worth closer to $13-14 million than $20m, and whatsmore, it still hasn’t been finalised.

The Victorian government threatened to pull the deal off the table several times in recent months to secure the Rebels’ future but the ARU refused to sign it so they could keep the option open of closing Melbourne down, should Rugby WA win arbitration.

But with financial backers who wanted to stay firmly in the background, the VRU outmanoeuvred the ARU by managing to convince Andrew Cox to give the Rebels licence back to them for $1.

They knew the ARU had agreed to the “put option” in the original licence agreement with Cox, and furthermore, knew the ARU wouldn’t want to challenge them on it legally.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/rugby/channel-seven-to-broadcast-shute-shield-grand-final-live-on-main-channel/news-story/62d1e97b4f6eaf6c1128e5747c597600"

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

vCash
    They knew the ARU had agreed to the “put option” in the original licence agreement with Cox, and furthermore, knew the ARU wouldn’t want to challenge them on it legally.
    If the ARU were scared of being dragged through the courts by not agreeing to the deal, well hasn't that backfired massively on them? They'll be up for an even more expensive court case for a deal that isn't even guaranteed.

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blueandblack View Post
    .... the VRU outmanoeuvred the ARU by managing to convince Andrew Cox to give the Rebels licence back to them for $1.
    I know there's a lot of talk about how the ARU couldn't shut down the Rebels because they sold their licence, but quite frankly I just don't believe it. I do not believe that there isn't an early termination clause in the Rebels contract which the ARU could have exercised if they had wanted to (given it might have cost a bit however). I'm sure an early termination clause would have been something Andrew Cox would have insisted upon, and probably the foundation of the commercial contract. I'm sure the "put" option is only half the story.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast