Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: The $20 million deal that punted the Western Force out of Super Rugby

vCash
    So Vic government pay ARU 1.5 mill ayr and hand back 6 million .. Thats great money management ..

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    ..Now if he could get his brother to find where the brown papar bags ended up that would be even better.
    Do tell

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    "A $20 million package from the Victorian government to the ARU, securing Bledisloe Cup and British and Irish Lions Test matches in Melbourne over an eight-to-10-year period, guaranteed the future of the Rebels in the SANZAAR competition."

Sooooooo...the important men of Victoria are more interested in the top level of rugby (the Wallabies) than they are of the mid-roots (The Rebels)? So long as they get international rugby, the Super Rugby team is safe? Sounds like ARU and the Vic mob are made from the same cloth.

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

Prospect
    vCash
    Time to start asking the federal government for a inquiry into the ARU board, as of what happened with then known as Soccer Australia. The minister for sport is Greg Hunt, I've already sent an enquiry of his website. I think this could go a whole lot further.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SinBin View Post
    Do tell
    Tell what? who his brother is? Chris Masters.

Last edited by shasta; 16-08-17 at 20:38.

vCash
    $20 Mill-is that it, is that the best they could do! FFS! $20mill! TLk about f##n chicken feed! Sold the Force down the river for P##sn $20mill!! Give 'em 6 months before it starts going pear shaped, guaranteed! Twiggy must be having a good laugh at the 'big spenders'! Methinks there's a bit of BS flying round Melbourne ATM!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lobby View Post
    Time to start asking the federal government for a inquiry into the ARU board, as of what happened with then known as Soccer Australia. The minister for sport is Greg Hunt, I've already sent an enquiry of his website. I think this could go a whole lot further.
    I don't understand why there hasn't been more screaming for an inquiry, I sincerely hope you're right & Govt depts finally get interested! Twiggy mentioned Greg Hunt on radio last Friday, so perhaps it's brought to his attention, although he's from Melbourne.

Apprentice
    vCash
    $15 million after the Rebels take there cut for 10 years worth of games which probably includes 3 Bledisloe matches and one Lions match? Didn't WA pay $5 million for one Bledisloe in 2019? It doesn't seem like a great deal to me. Is there something I'm missing?

Wouldn't it have been better to have Perth and Melbourne have a bidding war?

vCash
    Ok, have just sent an email to Greg Hunt asking him to consider the situation. Fingers crossed someone sees it.

vCash
    Let's see, the Rebels have cost $30 Million in 6 years, or $5 Million a year and the ARU want to keep them for a return of 15 Million over 10 years. Spending $50 Mill to get back $15 Mill.

I'm no mathematician, but I don't think this is going to end well.

C'mon the

Apprentice
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Let's see, the Rebels have cost $30 Million in 6 years, or $5 Million a year and the ARU want to keep them for a return of 15 Million over 10 years. Spending $50 Mill to get back $15 Mill.

I'm no mathematician, but I don't think this is going to end well.
    Very basic propaganda. Any State government would support a number of Blediloes and a Lions match. Ours would snap them up. The question remains can the VRU sustain the costs of running a Super Rugby Team in Victiria when 2 Corporates and the ARU in between could not. What has actually changed?
    Fake News.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by John Edwards View Post
    Very basic propaganda. Any State government would support a number of Blediloes and a Lions match. Ours would snap them up. The question remains can the VRU sustain the costs of running a Super Rugby Team in Victiria when 2 Corporates and the ARU in between could not. What has actually changed?
    Fake News.
    Except it was negotiated behind closed doors and is the putative the basis on which they cut the Force. That kind of makes it real news...

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    Total revenue from hosting rights for 3 test matches = Victoria $14 million - WA $15 million
    2016 Super Rugby Grants = Victoria $8.3 million - WA $3.6 million
    ARU benefit of repurchase of license agreement = Victoria $0 - WA $3.7 million
    Extra cost to ARU over existence = Victoria $17.7 million - WA $5.5 million
    Capital raising ventures = Victoria No, value $0 - WA yes, value $8 million minimum
    Billionaire backing = Victoria 0 -WA 1
    Self funded academies = Victoria 0 - WA 1
    Players from state pathways = Victoria 5 - WA 13
    Average yearly losses = Victoria $4.285 million per year - WA $458 333 per year
    Purpose built training facilities = Victoria 0 - WA 1
    Naming rights sponsor revenue per year = Victoria 0 - WA $1.5 million

So for hosting 3 test matches providing the ARU $20 million less $6 million back to the Rebels gives the ARU income of $14 million over 10 years.
    Hosting the same 3 test matches in Perth and selling the license back to RugbyWA would have netted the ARU income of $18.7 million over 10 years.
    = $4.7 million more from Perth

Rebels would receive $8.9 million per season to operate on (2016 grant of $8.3 million plus $600 000 returned) or $89 million over 10 years
    Force would receive $3.6 million or $36 million over 10 years
    = potential savings of up to $53 million over 10 year for operating the Force vs Rebels

Forecasted average yearly losses going forward for Victoria based on previous performance, $4.285 million per year for an extra $42.85 million in losses over 10 years
    Forecasted average yearly losses going forward for WA $0 with a guarantee of no losses from Twiggy
    = potential savings of $42.85 million over 10 years covering losses

Capital raising initatives value to Victoria $0
    Capital raising initiatives value to WA $8 million
    = benefit to rugby $8 million

So really, keeping the Force would see an extra $12.7 million of income coming into rugby and the ARU and save anywhere up to $95.85 million in future operating costs to the ARU to keep the Rebels afloat compared to keeping the Force afloat.

- im no accountant so my figures could be way off
    - Rebels future operating costs based on current numbers, these could increase or decrease

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Kalahard; 17-08-17 at 07:38.

Champion
    vCash
    This just gets better and better. No one on the board was from WA and the only one who had our interest at heart was kicked out by lawyers none the less. I don't even think it was about money it was just we are so far away and none of them give a toss about WA..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkness View Post
    Lets bankrupt the bastards.

The nib test on 9 sept needs to be a financial disaster.

I understand theres a test match coming up this weekend sometime. Not even going to check the time of the game as my relationship and everything who represents them is over. Definitely watched my last wallabies match.
    Don't dummy spit and go home..
    If we all do that, there will never be National level rugby in WA

cheers auss...
    fabricarti diem punc

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast