Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Who's going to cancel their foxtel subscription like me?

Senior Player
    vCash
    Yeah they just enticed me to keep it going with the free sports subscription as well. 3 months time though its au revoir to fox. Better start looking into that umm mumbo jumbo thingy you just mentioned.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    The problem with streaming service is Australia's poor time zones in relation to watching European Rugby.

'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by boof1050 View Post
    Yeah they just enticed me to keep it going with the free sports subscription as well. 3 months time though its au revoir to fox. Better start looking into that umm mumbo jumbo thingy you just mentioned.
    Telstra/Foxtel seem to be dropping their pants lately. I signed up about 3 years ago for a Telstra/foxtel bundle of $165p/m, which included internet , home phone with free local & national calls and free calls to any mobiles in Aus. Then I got a unsolicited call about 8 months ago from Telstra who offered similar package for $120 p/m, but it did not include sport on Fox. However they threw in sport for free for 3 months and 8 months later they have not started charging me for sport. Then they upped the internet usage to unlimited. They stuffed up my account for while and I had a big whinge, so they chucked in a $20 p/m discount, which i thought was just for one month, but 6 months later in is still appearing on my account. So I am now paying $100 p/m for more service, than I was previously paying $165 p/m.

At the time of the Force was under threat 9 months ago I had emailed fox and threatened to cancel my Fox if the they did not stop the Force from getting the chop.
    Reading Spartan and Boofs posting I am starting to think that Fox may have kept a note of my threat and thats why they are now being so generous?

vCash
    cancelled mine the day I heard the force got the sack and does not miss it one bit

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Foxtel are dropping their prices because subscribers are dropping off in droves because of the introduction of streaming services such as Netflix and Stan that make viewing TV much more convenient and as a result traditional TV is dying.

The only reason I keep Foxtel is because of sport. It’s doesn’t take a rocket surgeon to see why Foxtel paid up heaps of coin to the NRL and the AFL.

I might ring Foxtel and threaten to quit even though it’s an empty threat.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    Foxtel are dropping their prices because subscribers are dropping off in droves because of the introduction of streaming services such as Netflix and Stan that make viewing TV much more convenient and as a result traditional TV is dying.

The only reason I keep Foxtel is because of sport. It’s doesn’t take a rocket surgeon to see why Foxtel paid up heaps of coin to the NRL and the AFL.

Just quit and download "Terrarium TV" on an android device and either use an Android TV device or cast it to your TV from your phone. Every single show and movie that has ever existed for Free. Bye bye Netflix/Stan/Amazon etc because Terrarium TV has it all. Google it if you want more info about the program. Heaps of free alternatives if you know where to look. Download Mobdro for all your free sport and TV cable channels from everywhere around the world too.

https://terrariumtvappdownloads.com

https://www.mobdro.to

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SPaRTAN View Post
    Just quit and download "Terrarium TV" on an android device and either use an Android TV device or cast it to your TV from your phone. Every single show and movie that has ever existed for Free. Bye bye Netflix/Stan/Amazon etc because Terrarium TV has it all. Google it if you want more info about the program. Heaps of free alternatives if you know where to look. Download Mobdro for all your free sport and TV cable channels from everywhere around the world too.

https://terrariumtvappdownloads.com

https://www.mobdro.to
    So how does that work with Apple, we have Apple phones,iPad & Mac-can I still get sports to cast to Smart TV?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by valzc View Post
    So how does that work with Apple, we have Apple phones,iPad & Mac-can I still get sports to cast to Smart TV?
    In all honesty your shit out of luck. You need Android. Apple are dead set against piracy etc. Whereas Android (google) is open source and basically encourages it..

You can buy a cheap android phone and cast these apps to your smart TV if it supports casting. Or buy a Mi Box for $100 . Cheaper than 1 month of foxtel and will last for years

vCash
    Theres a reason why 80% of the world uses Android.

vCash
    Streaming content isnt illegal in Australia unless you actually host the server streaming the movie/show / channel. We have awesome laws that allow Android to utilise this little loophole

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pieter blackie View Post
    cancelled mine the day I heard the force got the sack and does not miss it one bit
    What he said

C'mon the

vCash
    Its all right for all you with good internet plans .. we pay $150 a month to get 50gb .. Our phone account per month is over $600 .. 1 home phone 2 mob. and foxtel with 3 IQ units .. Bloody Telstra are a rip off ,, Can't get any thing else unless i go staillite with Sky muster and thenits still limited

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post

Worth the call Jargs, just did it myself and had $28 per month taken off the bill

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Worth a try

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    After i quit and got my free foxtel for 3 months they kept ringing me every Month offering to discount me if I signed back up. I kept saying i will if you guys reinstate the Force but untill then I'm done. But I was offered about $20-30 off my bill if I had signed back up. I still get the odd call saying they have a special offer to sign me back up but i keep repeating the Force line to this indian bloke who doesn't seem to know the difference between Rugby & League.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast