Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Wallabies vs Spring boks - September 9 2017

vCash
    Well i'm not going, i'm finished with the ARU..

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Senior Player
    vCash
    I think the most powerful message would be if there was a crowd of only say 10,000 in the ground and then there were 20,000 of us in force gear just sitting out the front with no tickets having a picnic

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Apprentice
    vCash
    Please everyone, do not go to this game. Don't go to support our force players, they will be fine at their new teams without.
    Don't go in your force kit thinking you will change their opinion. The ARU have shown they don't care.

The only way we can't hurt them is in their wallet and embarrassing them by only saffas showing up to the game.

Please don't go guys, don't give the ARU another cent. They will spin this to make us look bad no matter what. They have a louder voice through foxtel than we do.

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddha Handy View Post
    I think the most powerful message would be if there was a crowd of only say 10,000 in the ground and then there were 20,000 of us in force gear just sitting out the front with no tickets having a picnic
    And of the 10,000 inside 8k are supporting the boks!

vCash
    Get down to the Perth Spirit games instead. Would be funny if we needed a bigger ground to play at because the Spirit's crowds were too big.

7 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chibi View Post
    Get down to the Perth Spirit games instead.
    100%.

There's no way to rationalise going to this game in Force gear. That will make not one jot of difference. Only a legal victory can. If you are a South African supporter then wear their strip if you must go. If you are an ex-Wallaby supporter just don't go. Consider it ven if you bought tickets. I don't see how you can enjoy the game now. OK you've done your dough. We all have - for the past 12 years. So has the WA tax payer. I say NOT A SINGLE CENT MORE! Fuckem.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Champion
    vCash
    http://www.news.com.au/sport/rugby/w...f99727738e3f86

THE ARU’S decision to axe the Western Force will create an unprecedented “away” Test for the Wallabies in Perth next month.
    Furious Force supporters have already started asking for refunds on tickets purchased for the September 9 Test against South Africa at nib Stadium, while others have resolved to snub Wallaby gold in favour of blue Force supporter gear.
    With a large take-up of tickets now expected to come from South African expats in Perth, and the Australian contingent in the crowd wearing blue, the Wallabies will be the first national team in history to play a home game with more rival jerseys on show than their own.
    “There will be a massive boycott, that is sad, but I think the stadium will be full because there are a large number of expat South Africans living in Perth,” WA Rugby president Hans Sauer told the Sunday Telegraph.
    “It will be an away game for the Wallabies, there will be very few yellow jerseys in the crowd. That is what our national union has forced us into.
    “I am advocating to all Force fans not to boycott it, but to wear the Force colours.
    “We expect to have three or four of our own playing in that Test, it’s not the players who are at fault.
    “We have a culture here, and a fan base and community that is still focusing on the principals of the game. We’re not ruthless, duplicitous and cowardly operators.”
    A number of supporters on social media have declared they will wear their Force jerseys to the game.
    The axing of the Force prompted ARU chief Bill Pulver to announce his impending resignation, and Brisbane Broncos boss Paul White emerged as a potential replacement.
    Meanwhile, suspicions that the Force was the only side facing the ARU axe deepened when it was revealed the governing body turned down billionaire Andrew Forrest’s guarantee the club would be run debt free.
    Forrest’s offer was made over a week ago during a telephone call he made to ARU chairman Cameron Clyne.
    It is understood the governing body also refused to enter into official talks with the Force who wanted to buy back their licence and intellectual property sold to the ARU for $800,000.
    Further claims that the ARU already had the Force in its sights when it bought the licence are being investigated
    The revelations come as the Force legal team prepare an appeal against Friday’s decision to chop them and not Melbourne Rebels from Super Rugby.
    The appeal will be lodged in the NSW Supreme Court tomorrow with a hearing expected within four-six weeks.
    The move will effectively neuter the ARU from serving last rites on the Force.
    The ARU was ready to send administrators to Perth to start dealing with Force staff but were told if they made the move they would be served with in injunction.
    “The ARU claim this is all about finances and saving $18 million dollars. That’s absolute bulls..t. They just wanted the Force out because we were seemingly an easy target,” one insider said.
    “It would not have mattered how much we offered them they just wanted us out.
    “They are keeping the Melbourne Rebels who have lost almost $30 million in six years while the Force have only cost $5.5 in 12 years.
    “We have the financial backing to be independent. I haven’t heard anything coming out of Melbourne. What are they going to have to put up?”
    His comments come in the wake of the similar sentiment in the resignation letter of former RugbyWA chairman Geoff Stooke from the ARU board.
    “This decision is not about the financial viability of teams,” Stooke said.
    “They were seen to be the easiest to remove. The process lacked due diligence and contained significant levels of bias.”
    WA Rugby’s legal team is now preparing their strategy to appeal the arbitrator’s decision that allowed the ARU to axe them.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    The ARU claimed faincially we weren't sustainable so I feel the only way to send a message to the ARU is to hit them in the hip pocket.

They won't give two shits if people turn up in Blue instead of Yellow.

Boycott the game.

Champion
    vCash
    It's good publicity though! I have stupidly already bought tickets so at least it's sending a message world wide.

vCash
    Boycotting gives ammunition to the ERU that their decision is the way forward. That WA is/was/will not be recognised in rugby.

At the moment, we are goin to appeal
    At the moment we have some support over east
    At the moment we are a part of rugby

Each to their own about attending but I will not... CANNOT give the ERU justification (this year) that what they have done is right. Next year depends on when and what the fat lady sings until then I AM THE WESTERN FORCE.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Better Idea to hit the ARU in the hip pocket is we tell the people on the gates That the ARU crapped on them and now they don't have a job next yr and to let us all in for free.. Get the WA government to also get behind this idea.. and everyone turns up and the ARU don't get a cent.. The game will be a big cost.. I am not sure but did our government already pay to have this game here.. I thought the ARU wants a payment to hold game.. Also ammunition for our Government.. Just a few thoughts

vCash
    I'm not sure how ticket sales to the Perth Test are going, and I just saw this on GAGR, but 10,000 seats going unsold to the ARU at an average of $70 would cost them $700,000.

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    The ARU claimed faincially we weren't sustainable so I feel the only way to send a message to the ARU is to hit them in the hip pocket.

They won't give two shits if people turn up in Blue instead of Yellow.

Boycott the game.
    The EARU don't give two shits about anything which happens outside of NSW.

The EARU won't give two shits about any of the reactions from WA.
    They won't give two shits about any losses of revenue and support from the alienated rugby union community in WA.
    They won't give two shits if the Test against the Bokke on 9 September is boycotted by WA fans.
    They won't give two shits if the WA State Government removes its financial support for future Wallabies games in WA and the Bledisloe match planned for Perth in 2019 is moved to another state.

They do not give two shits about the demise of rugby union in WA.

About the only thing which might help their bowel motions is if somebody from WA showed up and gave them an ex gratia multi-million cheque to spend as they please - and that ain't going to happen.

The chicanery of the EARU is astounding.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    I'm not sure how ticket sales to the Perth Test are going, and I just saw this on GAGR, but 10,000 seats going unsold to the ARU at an average of $70 would cost them $700,000.
    There are no seats worth $70 are there, I thought for $70 you had to stand.

C'mon the

Prospect
    vCash
    Tickets already bought - so money already in ARUs coffers, therefore we're going in blue!

6 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast