Thread: Twiggy "You have to go through me first!"

Senior Player
    vCash

Twiggy "You have to go through me first!"

Twiggy’s warning to the ARU over the Western Force’s future
    Nick Taylor
    Sunday, 6 August 2017 9:00PM

Western Force billionaire backer Andrew Forrest has threatened the Australian Rugby Union it will have to beat him if it wants to axe the Western Force from Super Rugby.
    "I want to be very clear to the ARU,” the mining magnate warned.
    “You try to cut the Western Force, you have to go through me first... and then all of our players and then our supporters and then all of the parents of young players and, indeed, all proud Western Australians."
    The threat comes as the Victorian Rugby Union confirmed it had taken control of Melbourne Rebels, the other side facing the chop.
    The VRU was quietly sold 11,625,000 shares by owner Andrew Cox's Imperium Sports Group on Friday for just $1 despite the ARU claiming it knew nothing about the transfer and that it needed to be told to agree to the move.
    Cox says the move has secured the future of the Rebels and the VRU claim it informed the ARU of the proposed process, an option that had been in place for two years.
    Meanwhile Forrest, who has thrown his massive financial clout behind the Force, saying he will do whatever it takes to save the club, called ARU chairman Cameron Clyne on Friday.
    “This is bigger than just a rugby game. I stand behind all of these amazing people who believe in a fair go and the right for Australians to support rugby union as a national sport, not just one reduced to the eastern seaboard,.” Forrest said.
    “The Western Force has heart. It is punching way above its weight. It is producing a crop of Wallabies. It is growing its junior player base. It has the backing of its community.
    “How on earth can the ARU even consider causing harm to such a team and indeed to this rugby community?”

https://thewest.com.au/sport/rugby-u...-ng-b88559708z

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    #mergethreadtime

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Internet Troll
    I am an Internet Troll
    Please ignore my posts

vCash
    Andrew Forrest has many positive attributes but for me the most important is Integrity. In all of his dealings, he displays this admirable characteristic.

Wouldn't it be amazing if Kerry Stokes, the Buckeridge family and Chris Ellison come in to support the cause along with the wa govt.

A good old West vs East stand off.

I am really a Palmyra troll.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkness View Post
    Andrew Forrest has many positive attributes but for me the most important is Integrity. In all of his dealings, he displays this admirable characteristic.

Wouldn't it be amazing if Kerry Stokes, the Buckeridge family and Chris Ellison come in to support the cause along with the wa govt.

A good old West vs East stand off.
    They, and others, may already be. Andrew Forrest only declared his hand when things got pretty grim and some clout was needed to counter the ES bully tactics and to rally the troops. But he'd been on board for some time, even though people were asking where he was back then too. As has been stated Mr Forrest is not the only one guaranteeing the legal costs.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Champion
    vCash
    http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/un...07-gxqui4.html

This has gone national. Game on! It is going to be a interesting, and maybe pivotal, fortnight in Australian rugby history.