Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: ‘Double the Impact – Own the Force’ campaign

Immortal Contributor
    vCash

‘Double the Impact – Own the Force’ campaign

Andrew Forrest AO and the Western Force launch the 'Double the Impact - Own the Force' campaign

‘Double the Impact – Own the Force’ campaign

Western Australian of the Year, Andrew Forrest AO, launched a viral ‘Double the Impact - Own the Force’ campaign to allow Road Safety Western Force fans to buy shares in the club and, at the same time, bolster WA’s junior rugby roots.

Mr Forrest is offering interest free, unsecured loans to those who want to buy shares in the Western Force but who can’t afford it.

Mr Forrest will provide the $1,000 per share to the ‘Own the Force’ fund and then the supporter will repay the loan, over time, direct to Rugby WA – not to Mr Forrest. This, essentially, provides rugby in Western Australia $2,000 per applicant - double the impact. This unique model of philanthropy will enable the Western Force to remain financially viable and bolster the junior players’ program.

“I whole-heatedly believe in this unique way at promoting community participation and doubling the benefit for the cause,” said the committed philanthropist and Chairman of the Minderoo Foundation.

The video campaign, featuring star players and a group of youngsters, is aimed at boosting grassroots’ ownership of the club. It also demonstrates to the Australian Rugby Union (ARU), that the entire WA rugby community is behind the Western Force.

“I want to be very clear to the ARU. You try to cut the Road Safety Western Force, you have to go through me first and then all of our players and then our supporters and then all of the parents of young players and, indeed, all proud Western Australians,“ Mr Forrest said. “This is bigger than just a rugby game. I stand behind all of these amazing people who believe in a fair go and the right for Australians to support rugby union as a national sport, not just one reduced to the eastern seaboard.”

Mr Forrest said that ARU must acknowledge Western Force as one of the most successful rugby franchises, with one of the strongest support bases of all the Super Rugby teams and reward them for their efforts – not punish them.

“The Western Force has heart. It is punching way above its weight. It is producing a crop of Wallabies. It is growing its junior player base. It has the backing of its community,” Mr Forrest said.

“How on earth can the ARU even consider causing harm to such a team and indeed to this rugby community?”

The campaign will be launched on Monday and will run, for as long as it takes to ensure the financial security of the club, and the future of the next generation of players, is achieved. ENDS

A copy of the video can be found here at www.rugbywa.asn.au

Media enquiries. Jannette Cotterell. Minderoo Foundation 0419 204 059

Media
    Attachments

Andrew Forrest & Western Force launch the 'Double the Impact -Own the Force' campaign August 06 2017 final final.docx
    Attached Images Attached Images  

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion Contributor sandgroperrugby's Avatar
    vCash
    Just Wow.
    I mean wow. So we have the supporters, the administration, the players, the coaches and a very supportive group of individuals investing in the Force and wider RugbyWA including a billionaire.

That statement of you will have to go through me is a massive broadside to the ARU. And from the outsider a game of chicken to see who will flinch first. We all know who's pockets are deeper and of course who is going to get the better press both of which are really important in these kinds of stoushes. Of course in the court of public opinion the ARU lost a long time ago and even the supporters from the traditional heart lands are breaking ranks.

7 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Generally speaking you aren’t learning much if your lips are moving!!!

vCash
    Kapow!!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

Champion
    vCash
    Listen gals and guys. We have to make very very sure that we continue to send Twiggy the message that we will also put our money where our mouth is. Any one of you would expect the same. We are well short of the $8.0 mill that was pledged.

I get it that uncertainty caused many people to keep their hands in their pockets and that is understandable. We are confident we will win Arbitration which assures that we stay in the competition until 2020 - BUT - the ARU will still own our licence. WE HAVE TO BUY IT BACK.

We also have to show that our Community Model has the cash to grow during these 3 years as well.

Even if in the unlikely event we lose Arbitration, we have Plans B, C and D. So, We are staying put.

So please, buy shares in Own The Force or head to RugbyWA home page and apply for and get an interest free loan to buy a share.

Remember, your shares also give you a voice in our team going forward.

6 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansie View Post
    Listen gals and guys. We have to make very very sure that we continue to send Twiggy the message that we will also put our money where our mouth is. Any one of you would expect the same. We are well short of the $8.0 mill that was pledged.

I get it that uncertainty caused many people to keep their hands in their pockets and that is understandable. We are confident we will win Arbitration which assures that we stay in the competition until 2020 - BUT - the ARU will still own our licence. WE HAVE TO BUY IT BACK.

We also have to show that our Community Model has the cash to grow during these 3 years as well.

Even if in the unlikely event we lose Arbitration, we have Plans B, C and D. So, We are staying put.

So please, buy shares in Own The Force or head to RugbyWA home page and apply for and get an interest free loan to buy a share.

I went on Hansie but could see anything about applying for the loan? Do you have a link?

Veteran
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jules View Post
    I went on Hansie but could see anything about applying for the loan? Do you have a link?
    I too cannot figure out how to do it.

Veteran
    vCash
    show me how to apply for the loan, and i'll do it now...

vCash

Hans, my pledge was always conditional on the ability to enter a payment plan.

I'm waiting (almost) patiently for the details of where to sign.

C'mon the

vCash
    So how does this work for those that have already bought shares? Will Twiggy be matching those with the same amount of money for grassroots, or is it only for new applications through the loan scheme?

Champion
    vCash
    Ah ha, The gremlins of cyberspace....... What did we do when we only had telex machines, remember the dotted string of paper....Geez showing my age...

O.K. our boffins are working on it and it should be up soonest.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Can West Australians that live on the East Coast get in on this action?

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    Another question for you Hansie: for those of us who've already bought shares, can we buy more using Twiggy's scheme, or is the scheme only for those who can't afford to buy any at all?

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    Ah ha, The gremlins of cyberspace....... What did we do when we only had telex machines, remember the dotted string of paper....Geez showing my age...
    Name:  Telex.jpg
Views: 737
Size:  71.1 KB

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    ARU have probably got the Russians involved.

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Exile View Post
    Can West Australians that live on the East Coast get in on this action?
    Absolutely.

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast