Page 33 of 47 FirstFirst ... 23 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 43 ... LastLast

Thread: Arbitration hearing - Western Force v ARU - 31.07.2017

vCash
    Re gagger, point 2

Any attempted "reboot" of the force that happens after a break of more than a couple of months is doomed to fail.

We Sandgropers are a bloody parochial bunch with massive chips on our shoulders I'm sure many fans will attend games in Perth again, but if THIS force dies, only to be replaced in a few seasons time by ANOTHER force, let's just say you (and by extension they) will not be trusted for a bloody long time.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

Player
    vCash
    As a sign of protest and as a mark of respect, particularly if RUPA has any balls. All Wallabies players in the opening Test against the AB's should wear Force blue armbands to protest the ARU decision. At the very least a black armband will suffice!

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Apprentice
    vCash
    Just read an article in the Telegraph in the UK that South Africa is looking at expanding its PRO 14 club numbers to 4, Its vision is to have 4 teams playing in the northern hemisphere and 4 playing in the southern hemisphere. Who would have thought it - expansion into new markets....opens up more people to playing rugby and potential future international rugby players #revolutionary. But at least they have a vision. Also that would take the number of teams to 16 which is as we know an unworkable number of fixtures as tried and tested by those geniuses at SANZAR. Who feeds this stuff to Wayne Smith??
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/rugby-uni...ture-european/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Usebeo View Post
    Just read an article in the Telegraph in the UK that South Africa is looking at expanding its PRO 14 club numbers to 4, Its vision is to have 4 teams playing in the northern hemisphere and 4 playing in the southern hemisphere... [/url]
    From the article:

You cannot have a team that is lying ninth [the Brumbies] qualifying for the semi-finals at home. It is just not acceptable on any level. You can only fool the punters for so long, and people will vote with their feet and their eyes,” Roux said.

“Sport goes in cycles and we (SARU as key drivers of the new fomat) got [the expansion] wrong (at the Force's expense) We (rigged the competition) tried something for two years and it has not worked. Now we are trying to fix it.”

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SinBin View Post
    From the article:

You cannot have a team that is lying ninth [the Brumbies] qualifying for the semi-finals at home. It is just not acceptable on any level. You can only fool the punters for so long, and people will vote with their feet and their eyes,” Roux said.

“Sport goes in cycles and we (SARU as key drivers of the new fomat) got [the expansion] wrong (at the Force's expense) We (rigged the competition) tried something for two years and it has not worked. Now we are trying to fix it.”by fucking over one of very few teams who were finding their feet in the new format
    fixed

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Moono74 View Post
    As a sign of protest and as a mark of respect, particularly if RUPA has any balls. All Wallabies players in the opening Test against the AB's should wear Force blue armbands to protest the ARU decision. At the very least a black armband will suffice!
    And we're back to players being unable to protest under the CBA

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    And we're back to players being unable to protest under the CBA
    Well bend over and take it up the passage then! Jono great things that aussies enjoy in general society today was because people had the nuts to protest and take on the corrupt shitheads that think its ok to shit on people. Those same people who protested many generations ago also were penalised badly but by god we enjoy the fruits of their fucken hard labour now. Does annual leave, leave loading, flexi days ring a bell. The players association has to get a backbone and take it on. Fark the police association and other department unions have the nuts to do it why not the players as well. What have they got to lose?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Usebeo View Post
    Just read an article in the Telegraph in the UK that South Africa is looking at expanding its PRO 14 club numbers to 4, Its vision is to have 4 teams playing in the northern hemisphere and 4 playing in the southern hemisphere. Who would have thought it - expansion into new markets....opens up more people to playing rugby and potential future international rugby players #revolutionary. But at least they have a vision. Also that would take the number of teams to 16 which is as we know an unworkable number of fixtures as tried and tested by those geniuses at SANZAR. Who feeds this stuff to Wayne Smith??
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/rugby-uni...ture-european/
    It's not an unworkable number of fixtures. Pro 14 will be a 21 game tournament; Pro 12 had 22 games (11 homes and away fixtures), plus another 10 games if they are in the European Cup/Challenge (which the Kings and Cheetahs won't be). The French clubs (Top 14) play 26 plus up to 10 while the English clubs play 22 plus up to 10 (plus the Anglo-Welsh Cup, with another 7 games).

But the season is spread out from September to April (8 months) and with breaks for the 6 Nations it means playing pretty much every weekend (no byes to rest up).

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Player
    vCash
    I have just written to RUPA demanding to know what they are going to do since 20% of the workforce representated by them had just lost there jobs. That under any kind of measurement RUPA has failed. That the consequences are so serious now, serious action is required besides strongly worded statements.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeansyjive View Post
    I have just written to RUPA demanding to know what they are going to do since 20% of the workforce representated by them had just lost there jobs. That under any kind of measurement RUPA has failed. That the consequences are so serious now, serious action is required besides strongly worded statements.
    Good luck with that, RUPA are useless as tits on a bull, have done absolutely nothing in all this -completely ineffectual apart from bleating in the press a couple of times!

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by boof1050 View Post
    Well bend over and take it up the passage then! Jono great things that aussies enjoy in general society today was because people had the nuts to protest and take on the corrupt shitheads that think its ok to shit on people. Those same people who protested many generations ago also were penalised badly but by god we enjoy the fruits of their fucken hard labour now. Does annual leave, leave loading, flexi days ring a bell. The players association has to get a backbone and take it on. Fark the police association and other department unions have the nuts to do it why not the players as well. What have they got to lose?
    Yeah, righto. Some background:
    I have worked on the tools and as a supervisor for the better part of a decade over Australia in workshop and site locations. As well having a grandfather heavily involved in the evolution and governance of one of Australia's biggest unions (the union bank bsb incorporates his union number level of involvement); I know exactly what was fought for, how hard it was fought for and what was attained. But feel free to tell me again.

Quite frankly in my opinion the players association should have done more to prevent the ARU from closing a team in the first place without ever having to protest. (one example would have been joining in with court action by RWA given that a closure of the force would impact a significant percentage of it's members, another would have been to suspend all talks about the next CBA, or another would be to demand that there was the 5 teams ongoing operations written into any new CBA and then used that as a point of contention). A statement here or there that they support 5 teams is quite frankly piss weak from an organisation that is meant to represent all Australian players.

If they were going to risk fines or the ARU nailing them to the wall for breaking the CBA the time passed ages ago.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by jono; 13-08-17 at 12:13.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by valzc View Post
    Good luck with that, RUPA are useless as tits on a bull, have done absolutely nothing in all this -completely ineffectual apart from bleating in the press a couple of times!
    Very true. They have been part of the problem since 2006. Their insistence on players' rights to play where they want helps entrench the salary top-up rorts that have crippled the Force and the Rebels.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    In light of the National swell of disgust at ARU reprobates & Clyne in particular, surely there needs to be an investigation into what's been going on. This fiasco of dirty deals is on a par with the FIFA scandal as far as I'm concerned. ARU needs to be sued BIG TIME!

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    I'm not saying we should not appeal but if you google appeal after arbitration you will see that both parties agree the outcome is binding and decisions are rarely overturned. We should try but not unfortunately with much hope

vCash
    I am with you Terry. More legal fees we cannot afford. And as it has to be in the NSW Supreme Court I am sorry to say that I would not rule out a biased outcome. Corruption has many tentacles and so does the Masonic Lodge.

I think WA should focus its efforts on proving corruption and unconscionable conduct on the part of the ARU dating back to at least 2010 when the 5th licence was issued to Victoria. I reckon we should also engage some forensic accountants to try and follow the money trail since then too. Some brown paper bags have been involved somewhere.

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

Page 33 of 47 FirstFirst ... 23 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 43 ... LastLast