Page 5 of 47 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Arbitration hearing - Western Force v ARU - 31.07.2017

Champion
    vCash
    So we now have 3 out of 5 in Australian Rugby not happy with the ARU. I am sure QLD would join us.

So...we now have the team to be axed - the Tahs!!!

Problem Solved.

Perhaps QLD, WA. Vic and ACT should create a delegation and go to SANZAAR and say - here we are Australian Rugby across the Nation....

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansie View Post

Perhaps QLD, WA. Vic and ACT should create a delegation and go to SANZAAR and say - here we are Australian Rugby across the Nation....
    and we only have four teams.

Great idea Hansie.

The Tahs could join The Shute Shield and they can all live happily ever after

7 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post

Great idea Hansie.

With Hooper as captain and Foley as vice captain...and a Clown as a coach

The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

Champion Contributor sandgroperrugby's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post

Great idea Hansie.

If that was the case then only players playing in NSW could be selected to play for the Wallabies. Oh shit Yeah so not much different then now.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash

A Parady

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie Puddlejumper, Chief Sporting Gossip Monger, The Sydney Telegraph View Post

ARU release criteria for identifying Super Rugby team to be axed

A startling admission from ARU CEO Bull Pulldover from the witness chair today as the 17th day of Arbitration between RugbyWA and the Australian Rugby Union.

Pulldover was being cross examined by the Legal team from WA when the questions of what criteria was used to identify the Team to be axed from the Super Rugby competition was revealed under oath.

Here is the transcript;

RugbyWA Lawyer: Mr Pulldover was there a method of selecting which team was to be cut?

Pulldover: Yes.

RugbyWA: Did you drawer the name of the team out of a hat? Was there a vote.

Pulldover: No of course not.

RugbyWA: How did you identify which team to cut Sir?

Pulldover: Camo and I created the criteria. We matched all the teams against that Criteria. After that it was obvious there was only one team that could be cut.

RugbyWA: I'm sorry Sir, for the record. Who is Camo?

Pulldover: Cameron Crone - he is the Chairman of Australian Rugby and my bestest buddy. He is sitting right over there. Hey dude! **Pulldover waves in the direction of Crone.

RugbyWA: Mr Pulldover can you please state the criteria for the record.

Pulldover: Nope, its a secret.

RugbyWA: Mr Pulldover you are under oath.

Pulldover: yeah, but I had my fingers crossed.

RugbyWA: Your Honor?

Judge: Mr Pulldover you will answer the question.

Pulldover: Oh, OK. Each of the teams had to answer the following questions. Only one team got all the answers right. All of the other teams got everyone of the answers wrong.

RugbyWA: The Questions Mr Pulldover?

Pulldover: OK OK,

Question 1. Does your home Jersey consist of the colors Blue and black, but not that awesome baby blue of the Tahs?
    Question 2. Is your home ground on the West Coast of Australia?
    Question 3. Are your annoying fans called the Sea of Blue?
    Question 4. Is your team based in Western Australia?
    Question 5. Is your team based in the city of Perth?
    Question 6. Is your team the Western Force?

Aren't they great questions? We were so clever.

Transcript ends......

As you can see - A startling revelation from Pulldover. But like I told you it was going to be the Western Force back in April. See I was right all along.

I will report any further news as it comes to mind. This is Jamie Puddlejumper signing off.

=======

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    You make it sound like he is a six year old..

vCash
    Yes, I too thought it was too mature sounding

C'mon the

Player
    vCash
    This waiting for the decision is worse than the agonizing delay we all felt at WF games, while TMO George Ayoub "arbitrated " the video evidence , before denying the WF the last minute match winning try ( insert any year between 2006 and 2017)
    Hopefully outcome this time is in our favour.
    Uh oh they've gone for the 4th replay.....

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Senior Player Contributor WF2006's Avatar
    vCash
    Cricket's sorted....now for the Force.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wallabydarnd View Post
    This waiting for the decision is worse than the agonizing delay we all felt at WF games, while TMO George Ayoub "arbitrated " the video evidence , before denying the WF the last minute match winning try ( insert any year between 2006 and 2017)
    Hopefully outcome this time is in our favour.
    Uh oh they've gone for the 4th replay.....
    George Was on Holidays with his fully funded NSWRFU escape in the Maldives this week and had to be rushed back for the meeting ... He was going to do it Via a Television link up but ... He was at a resort with no outside link so he could not watch the replays.. The Hoff and Gus have been debating onfield and have called it NO TRY But Wait 48 to 72 hours and the TMO will have a thought on matters .. He has to phone a friend first .. EDDIE what do I do...

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    Startling revelations from the leak recepticle -

CONFUSED by the Super Rugby downsizing saga? Wrap your head around this one. The word drifting around town from both Rugby WA and the ARU emerging from arbitration this week is both camps think they did enough to get the win.

A decision is expected as early as next week. Which, when run through the trusty “48-72 hour” filter, means we’ll get some news next April.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/spo...c7a063c5632b20

What a scoop! Both sides are confident they won arbitration. Thanks Jamie Pandemic!

Also, its interesting that Genias Wallabies contract for coming home is $700 000 - 800 000 and that Super Rugby teams cant afford to pay half within the salary cap. This is where the Wallabies top up system needs to be scrapped with monies saved going to the franchises salary caps and the Wallabies earn match payments and incentives. Match payments of $20 000 (for example) means that Wallabies regulars could earn up to $300 000 for the test season of 15 games. Add this on top of a higher base salary at Super Rugby level and the top players could potentially earn more under a new system. More salary cap would allow for a fair and even bidding process for Wallabies players to move franchises and fringe Wallabies to earn more within Australia. More salary cap would help the franchises compete with European money for players. More salary cap would also mean that when a Wallabies top up contract is cut and they all of a sudden lose $300 000 a year out of their pay, they wouldn't need to automatically look to Europe to maximize earnings potential or seek a comparative salary as the Super Clubs would be able to offer more. This would go someway towards fixing the player depth problem as more Wallabies and fringe Wallabies would be more tempted to stay in Australia. This also allows young players like Sean McMahon to earn more in Australia and not need to head overseas early in his career due to being snubbed by the ARU for a fair contract as his Super Rugby club could pay him closer to his market value. More salary cap for the franchises would also remove this silly situation where there is pressure on the Wallabies to pick the guys on top up contracts. Matt Philip who isn't a Wallaby yet would not have his path blocked by the ARU selecting a Dean Mumm type of player because they have to justify paying Dean Mumm a Wallabies top up.

Just a thought.

vCash
    Pay wall

If they wait just a little longer they will get our membership fees no tin foil hat lol

The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

Champion
    vCash
    Google Will Genia news, thats how i got around the recently installed Daily terrorgraph pay wall.

vCash
    you missed this bit

"FORCE coach Dave Wessels is highly regarded among the top minds of Australian rugby after just one full year of Super Rugby.

If the Force fold, it’s widely expected Wessels will go to Melbourne, along with many of his players.

But here’s a concerning bit of gossip: Wessels is starting to be just as admired in his home country South Africa. And there are influential people over there keen to get the 35-year-old back in their system.

Wessels is in South Africa this week on holidays."

vCash
    Although a Capetonian ... interesting timing to see the Super Rugby final with the Lions losing their coach as Ackermann moves to GloucesterRugby.

Page 5 of 47 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast