Page 37 of 47 FirstFirst ... 27 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... LastLast

Thread: Arbitration hearing - Western Force v ARU - 31.07.2017

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by valzc View Post
    Alison, suggest you send John Eales the analysis of the financials - as I doubt whether he is even fully aware of the depth of skullduggery re the Rebels that's occurred. I have had a response from him which was nice (more than the other fuckers bothered with), but just regurgitation of spreadsheets and good for SANZAAR spiel.
    He's on the board. He is just as complicit in this at clarke and Pulver as he voted to reduce a team.

as an aside - didn't think Eales would do anything to make me lose all respect for him, but here we are.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by valzc View Post
    Alison, suggest you send John Eales the analysis of the financials - as I doubt whether he is even fully aware of the depth of skullduggery re the Rebels that's occurred. I have had a response from him which was nice (more than the other fuckers bothered with), but just regurgitation of spreadsheets and good for SANZAAR spiel.
    I cannot possibly believe he would not have known. The figures were in the annual accounts that he and his board cronies would have signed off on. He's as slippery as the rest of them - just in a silkier way.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    Pandaram is reporting that DHP and Adam Coleman have declared they will stay with us until every legal avenue has been exhausted.

7 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    I saw a post on GAGR a couple of weeks ago that John Eales got an accounting firm owned by one of his mates to do the books for the ARU.

John Eales is in up to his eyeballs with this decision.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    I saw a post on GAGR a couple of weeks ago that John Eales got an accounting firm owned by one of his mates to do the books for the ARU.

I remember reading something similar, a big piece of work was awarded to a company eales was on the board off or had some association with. He has a many skeletons as the rest

vCash
    Slippery as an eel

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Pandaram is reporting that DHP and Adam Coleman have declared they will stay with us until every legal avenue has been exhausted.
    They know every team will grab them no matter how long they wait. Other squad members dont have that level of currency to gamble with unfortunately

Apprentice
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post

Here's a link to the dhp coleman story. Also on sbs

http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/2017/08/14/western-force-stars-say-battle-not-over

Great to see from 2 of our leaders

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    http://www.2gb.com/podcast/hans-sauer-4/

Hansie and AJ this morning.

Apprentice
    vCash
    I think I read somewhere this morning that the ARU had helped out in the moves of TPN, Rona and Peni. Does anyone know if this is the case? If so, shouldn't this sort of underhand dealing (knowing full well they wanted to kill the Force) be brought out into the open? Both Peni and Rona were doing very nicely in NRL and they would've been duped into throwing that in to join a dying team.
    I think I read it on a GAGR site.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by John Edwards View Post
    We were beaten on a technicality in Arbitration but all along we have been preparing for either outcome. This has always been about the ARU's Own short term liquidity not ours or the Rebels. They have shown no interest in a negotiated outcome they just want to pocket the $5mm per annum broadcast cash they gain from dumping a team. Short of AF cutting the ARU a cheque they were not interested.
    So we fight on and we hope we can keep the wheels on while we do. The National uproar has been good to see but it will pass so we need to keep the acid on.
    If the technicality involved the ARU changing the agreement without informing behind the Force's back, wouldn't the contract small print have to specifically state that they could make alterations without informing anyone? Doesn't seem like a very holeproof contract otherwise, and doesn't seem that arbitration judge/s had all the facts (as per full disclosure by the ARU)

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    https://onlineregistry.lawlink.nsw.g...cialList/rugby

Hmm. Something set down for Aug 23 at 10AM.

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by travelling_gerry View Post
    http://www.2gb.com/podcast/hans-sauer-4/

Hansie and AJ this morning.
    That's the second time that link has been posted today. The Man is gonna lose his stuff over getting scooped twice over.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Phill1524 View Post
    I think I read somewhere this morning that the ARU had helped out in the moves of TPN, Rona and Peni. Does anyone know if this is the case? If so, shouldn't this sort of underhand dealing (knowing full well they wanted to kill the Force) be brought out into the open? Both Peni and Rona were doing very nicely in NRL and they would've been duped into throwing that in to join a dying team.
    I think I read it on a GAGR site.
    I believe this was mentioned in the Wayne Smith article, but reckon it's absolute BS (except maybe for Taf). The Force would've done all the legwork to get Rona and Peni over, and the ARU would've just had to sign onto the contract like they do any other Super Rugby contract. No chance they would've been given a top-up like Korobeite or Folau to jump code.

Could see the ARU helping out with finding Taf a home when his overseas deal fell through and there was no room at the Tahs. I'd imagine we were last on the list but the only ones with room in our squad / salary cap.

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blueandblack View Post
    https://onlineregistry.lawlink.nsw.g...cialList/rugby

Hmm. Something set down for Aug 23 at 10AM.
    I'll be in Sydney on the 29th August, if its still going, will try and go in for a day and then report back to TWF.

Page 37 of 47 FirstFirst ... 27 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... LastLast