Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: ARU Leak Receptacle at it Again.

vCash

ARU Leak Receptacle at it Again.

Wallabies squad member Curtis Rona in talks with NRL clubs with future of Western Force unclear
    JAMIE PANDARAM, The Sunday Telegraph
    July 29, 2017 4:00pm

NEW Wallabies squad member Curtis Rona has confirmed he is in talks with NRL clubs about a return to league as the future of the Western Force remains on a knife edge.

The ARU heads to arbitration with WA Rugby on Monday in a bid to remove the Perth franchise from the Super Rugby competition, a move that would negate the two-year deal Rona signed with the club after defecting from the Canterbury Bulldogs.

It’s believed three NRL clubs are in talks with Rona about returning in 2018.

But 25-year-old Rona, who was selected by coach Michael Cheika for the Wallabies’ training camp in Newcastle this week, putting him in line for international selection this year, is now in a difficult situation.

“Obviously with the complications that have gone on, you always have to have a plan B,” Rona told the Sunday Telegraph.

“It is in my best interests to stay here and play, and be a quality rugby union player, but when things are going on you’ve got to make decisions.

“That’s what my manager is there for, to sort out my future and what’s going to be best for me and give my family security.”

Pressed on whether he’s more likely to return to league or join a rival Super franchise if the Force fold, Rona said: “That’s a hard one, I don’t really know what’s going to happen, I’m just playing it week by week, you hear different speculation every week and it always chops and changes.

“To be honest, I’m here now and just focusing on this camp and getting myself in the best shape to put my hand up for the Wallabies.

“Of course there is a lot of stress and pressure on me now to make a decision because if you’re in a good environment like I am now, it’s a lot harder to walk away from that situation.

“We’re just taking it each day at the Force and what could happen there, it’s just very unfortunate it hasn’t been sorted out earlier.”

Rona and wife Jacinta took the deal with the Force so she could be closer to her family in Perth. But if a move is required, she will support Rona.

“We spoke about it countless nights, she understands fully the situation that we’re in and she’s really comprehended the whole reasoning for us coming back and she was grateful for that,” he said.

“She said ‘I’m grateful to be here for eight months or the next couple of years’. She’s thankful that she’s had that time at home with the family.

“Everyone is affected by it one way or another, but at the end of the day it’s the job you do and you only have a short career so if you have to live somewhere else for a few years so be it.

“You need to take the opportunities that come your way, I think I’ve been doing that.”

Rona echoed the frustrations of his Force teammates, who’ve been kept in the dark for months as the ARU has fumbled its way through the process of cutting one team.

“It’s been very up and down, very frustrating with what’s going on and the decisions the ARU have to make - I just wish the decision was made earlier,” Rona said.

“It’s still dragging out now.

“I’m pretty confident that the team will be in the Super Rugby competition next year.

“It’s a bit unfortunate that one team has to go, but that’s the way things go in this business.”

The Force exceeded expectation to finish second in the Australian conference, and Rona has exceeded expectation by earning a call-up to a Wallabies camp just five months after playing his first Super Rugby game.

“I was very surprised, being my first year I didn’t think too much of it, I thought just learning the game would be the best thing for me,” Rona said.

“Once I found out I was gobsmacked, I had so much support from friends and family.

“One hundred per cent, I think I’m ready to play at that level.

“If I get that opportunity I will have to rise to it. That’s what you’re here for, to be the best player in the country and the best that you can.

“That’s what I want to do, when I get the opportunity I want to show people that I can play rugby.”

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    And the receptacle is a bed pan!!

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

Champion
    vCash
    I saw that in the Sunday times. There are so many positive stories about the Force why does a WA newspaper have to publish his drivel!!!

vCash
    Because it's owned by News Ltd which is the same organisation that owns the Daily Terrorgraph which is the employer of the author.

I can't blame Rona for making sure he is covered if the Force are the side that is axed. I'd rather see him playing for an NRL side again as opposed to any of he other Super Rugby sides.

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    Didn't Kerry Stokes' outfit buy them out?

vCash
    For any player manager this is just the sensible thing to do in looking after his meal ticket. It's not even news - Rona has said this ages ago. No Oz Rugby action for a few weeks - get a quote then turn it into a "Force is Doomed" story.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fulvio sammut View Post
    Didn't Kerry Stokes' outfit buy them out?
    I thought he bought out The West Australian?

vCash
    I hope he was one of the blokes who've been on the blower to Andrew Forrest.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Champion
    vCash
    Pandaram - Curtis, with the the Forces future uncertain, well dead and buried if you read my diarrhea that passes as journalism, what are your plans for the future?
    Rona - Well, obviously like every player at the Force or Rebels, i am keeping my options open.
    Pandaram - So what are your options?
    Rona - Either stay in Rugby or look at other options
    Pandaram - So that confirms it? You're going to League and the Force is cactus?
    Rona - I just told you im keeping my options open
    Pandaram - Yes i know what you said but i have to spin your statement into another pathetic diatribe that supports my vendetta against WA Rugby.
    Rona - Actually they're called RugbyWA
    Pandaram - Who cares what they're called, its my article, I'll make up whatever ridiculous statements i want.
    Rona - You ever actually been to Perth or talked to anyone at RugbyWA to confirm or deny your facts?
    Pandaram - I don't have to, im a Sydney journalist and my assumptions are gospel
    Rona - Im just saying it might actually give you some credibility if you firstly get your facts straight and quote someone from RugbyWA in your articles to prove you are not taking potshots from the cheapseats
    Pandaram - I AM THE ARU!! HOW DARE YOU QUESTION ME! IT IS MY JOURNALISTIC RIGHT TO RUN AN AGENDA AGAINST A FRANCHISE I HAVE NEVER SPOKEN TO OR VISITED JUST BECAUSE I CAN! EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE!
    Pandaram explodes into a fireball.
    Rona - Mate, are you ok?

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalahard View Post
    So he's on fire, right? Could really do with his mates springing another leak or two. I wouldn't.

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    So he's on fire, right? Could really do with his mates springing another leak or two. I wouldn't.
    My urine is too valuable to me to contribute, sorry.

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalahard View Post
    Pandaram - Curtis, with the the Forces future uncertain, well dead and buried if you read my diarrhea that passes as journalism, what are your plans for the future?
    Rona - Well, obviously like every player at the Force or Rebels, i am keeping my options open.
    Pandaram - So what are your options?
    Rona - Either stay in Rugby or look at other options
    Pandaram - So that confirms it? You're going to League and the Force is cactus?
    Rona - I just told you im keeping my options open
    Pandaram - Yes i know what you said but i have to spin your statement into another pathetic diatribe that supports my vendetta against WA Rugby.
    Rona - Actually they're called RugbyWA
    Pandaram - Who cares what they're called, its my article, I'll make up whatever ridiculous statements i want.
    Rona - You ever actually been to Perth or talked to anyone at RugbyWA to confirm or deny your facts?
    Pandaram - I don't have to, im a Sydney journalist and my assumptions are gospel
    Rona - Im just saying it might actually give you some credibility if you firstly get your facts straight and quote someone from RugbyWA in your articles to prove you are not taking potshots from the cheapseats
    Pandaram - I AM THE ARU!! HOW DARE YOU QUESTION ME! IT IS MY JOURNALISTIC RIGHT TO RUN AN AGENDA AGAINST A FRANCHISE I HAVE NEVER SPOKEN TO OR VISITED JUST BECAUSE I CAN! EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE!
    Rona - Mate, are you ok?
    He has a vested interest to ensure that the Force goes down so his exclusive is shown to be true. He hedged his bets with the Force gone article and will have mud in his face if it is the Rebels that eventually get axed.

He downplayed the sandgroper spirit from the start.

Hopefully this is the final time those in the east 'under-estimate' the unity and passion of sport in the west.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    They are saying it was a SAANZAR Official who leaked.....

https://www.google.com/url?rct=j&sa=...-rllepKzZESacw

Last edited by travelling_gerry; 31-07-17 at 06:44.

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    I thought he bought out The West Australian?
    Stokes owns Ch 7, which owns The West. News Corp agreed to sell Sunday Times to The West, so now Stokes owns both.

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blueandblack View Post
    Stokes owns Ch 7, which owns The West. News Corp agreed to sell Sunday Times to The West, so now Stokes owns both.
    Well then I've got no idea why the Sunday Times still prints everything in the News Ltd newspapers.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast