Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: ARU Leak Receptacle at it Again.

vCash
    Then they revealed that cutting the Rebels would cost $13 million; $5.7 million to buy Cox’s license back and a further $8 million to pay the Victorian government who’d invested in bringing a 2020 Bledisloe Cup Test and a 2025 British & Irish Lions Test to Melbourne.
    I thought the $8 million hadn't been spent by the Victorian Government yet? Not to mention the WA State Government saying they would match the amount and host the Tests instead.

I don't think the Victorian Government would pull the money anyway, they wouldn't be the sporting/event capital of the universe if they did and its not like there is much else to do in Melbourne.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    I thought the $8 million hadn't been spent by the Victorian Government yet? Not to mention the WA State Government saying they would match the amount and host the Tests instead.

I don't think the Victorian Government would pull the money anyway, they wouldn't be the sporting/event capital of the universe if they did and its not like there is much else to do in Melbourne.
    Good Lord! Do you mean they lied and fudged the numbers to justify a stupid decision?
    And then, like the rats they are, jumped off the sinking ship when their lies were shown to be just that?

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by travelling_gerry View Post
    They are saying it was a SAANZAR Official who leaked.....

https://www.google.com/url?rct=j&sa=...-rllepKzZESacw
    The fix was in way back in 2016!

Not only that, the ARU toe rags conspired and lied about it!

LATE last year, a senior SANZAAR official let it slip in a private conversation that the Western Force would be axed from Super Rugby.

It came as a shock, and since there was no news of any planned cull to the competition over the next couple of months, the conversation was dismissed as misinformation. Force officials were told nothing by the ARU about plans for their demise.

Then on the evening of March 27, when the Daily Telegraph first publicly revealed the plans to cut the Force, officials in the west remained miffed. There was still nothing from the ARU to confirm any such move. But their silence was alarming.

It took until April 9, when SANZAAR announced that Super Rugby would be trimmed from 18 teams to 15 in 2018, that the Perth franchise knew what had long been suspected. The next day, ARU chairman Cameron Clyne and chief executive officer Bill Pulver addressed media, informing the public that either the Force or Melbourne Rebels would be cut from the competition “with 48-72 hours”.

On April 11, Pulver flew to Melbourne to meet with Rebels licence holder Andrew Cox. That same day, the ARU’s chief operating officer Rob Clarke, and chief financial officer, Todd Day, flew to Perth to meet the Force’s board of directors.

After entering the building, the pair said they wanted the meeting to be “in good faith”. They then produced a PowerPoint presentation, in three categories marked by pale blue, yellow and green coding, outlining the financial woes of the ARU and the need to cut a team.

Then they revealed that cutting the Rebels would cost $13 million; $5.7 million to buy Cox’s license back and a further $8 million to pay the Victorian government who’d invested in bringing a 2020 Bledisloe Cup Test and a 2025 British & Irish Lions Test to Melbourne.

It soon became apparent to Force officials that this was not a meeting to discuss options.

“They were reading our last rites,” one figure at the meeting said.

When questioned about the numbers they were presenting and whether they could be examined, Clarke and Day said they were confidential.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    All the judge has to do is read this mornings newspapers to decide the ARU did not act in good faith. Decision by 10.05am for sure!

vCash
    "When questioned about the numbers they were presenting and whether they could be examined, Clarke and Day said they were confidential."

Well that's first time I've ever seen the word "confidential" used as a euphemism for "made up"!

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

Champion
    vCash
    So now Pandarams "source" is a "senior SANZAAR official" that just happened to conveniently be talking in a "private conversation" to which he was privy to details of? Bullshit.
    And he is now claiming his "exclusive" was not leaked from the ARU? Bullshit.
    And if the ARU powerpoint presentation was so "confidential", why does a newspaper journalist have intimate details of what was in the presentation? Bullshit
    Coxs license would cost "$5.7 million" to buy back? Bullshit
    The Victorian government would need to be compensated for money they haven't even spent? Bullshit

Nice try Pandaram but your bullshit is just that, more Bullshit.

Player
    vCash
    Do we know who the arbitrator is or is that kept confidential?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeansyjive View Post
    Do we know who the arbitrator is or is that kept confidential?
    You can't invent a supreme court judge from your own imagination, so I'd expect you'll be able to find a name somewhere.

ps, why is a story about Curtis leaving rugby if the Force are cut so damaging to the Force's case, in 8 months, the bloke has come from (in Rugby Union terms) nowhere, to be selected in a Wallaby training squad, he is essentially saying he won't play for anybody else in this pit of vipers, he'll go back to the NRL (probably because they are a wholesome and trustworthy organisation)

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    You can't invent a supreme court judge from your own imagination, so I'd expect you'll be able to find a name somewhere.

ps, why is a story about Curtis leaving rugby if the Force are cut so damaging to the Force's case, in 8 months, the bloke has come from (in Rugby Union terms) nowhere, to be selected in a Wallaby training squad, he is essentially saying he won't play for anybody else in this pit of vipers, he'll go back to the NRL (probably because they are a wholesome and trustworthy organisation)
    Not to mention the fact that he would likely be on a better earn there, unless of course he rises rapidly in the Wallaby set up by playing as well as he has for the Force.

Wholesome, trustworthy NRL in one sentence. Wheres the sarky smiley?

Unless you are speaking relatively, compared to the ARU of course.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Veteran
    vCash
    yeah i heard about this a month or so ago. not particularly surprising. I think he also took a bit of time to adjust to the Forces expectations around training etc.

But i hope he stays, as he has done an outstanding job on the field. I especially love his try where he stepped, then put his head down and sprinted to the line (in the back highlights youtube clip). Out standing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Wholesome, trustworthy NRL in one sentence. Wheres the sarky smiley?

Unless you are speaking relatively, compared to the ARU of course.
    Little of both truth be told!

Quote Originally Posted by palitu View Post
    But i hope he stays, as he has done an outstanding job on the field. I especially love his try where he stepped, then put his head down and sprinted to the line (in the back highlights youtube clip). Out standing.
    Curtis has been on record earlier in the season saying he doesn't plan to break his Force contract, I have not seen anything to make me feel that is likely to change, so definitely yes, I hope he stays, but that is a moot point. If the Force are here, I expect he will stay, If they aren't I hope he runs as far away from Rugby Union as his legs can carry him.

C'mon the

Senior Player
    vCash
    )
    I can totally invent a Supreme Court judge from my imagination, and Squire McLaywyerington the Third is upset about any suggestions otherwise.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash

Multilike

C'mon the

Veteran
    vCash
    Little of both truth be told!

Curtis has been on record earlier in the season saying he doesn't plan to break his Force contract, I have not seen anything to make me feel that is likely to change, so definitely yes, I hope he stays, but that is a moot point. If the Force are here, I expect he will stay, If they aren't I hope he runs as far away from Rugby Union as his legs can carry him.
    I meant, stay past his current contract

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalahard View Post
    So now Pandarams "source" is a "senior SANZAAR official" that just happened to conveniently be talking in a "private conversation" to which he was privy to details of? Bullshit.
    And he is now claiming his "exclusive" was not leaked from the ARU? Bullshit.
    And if the ARU powerpoint presentation was so "confidential", why does a newspaper journalist have intimate details of what was in the presentation? Bullshit
    Coxs license would cost "$5.7 million" to buy back? Bullshit
    The Victorian government would need to be compensated for money they haven't even spent? Bullshit

Nice try Pandaram but your bullshit is just that, more Bullshit.
    I printed this off and now I need a plumber as the toilet is blocked..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast