Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Bill Pulver’s Western Force assurances turn into empty promises

vCash
    If a new deal is done and the paper work states that the force is part of the ARU rugby family till 2020 then don't the ARu have to compensate the WF.. It a landlord terminates a lease the landlord has to pay for all moving cost and help find you a new house ,, Jus like the SARU did they found the Kings and Cheetahs a new home.. Not just kick us to the curb..

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Maybe so. But the ARU's whole case seems to hinge on whether the "new" broadcast deal negates all of that. If it does we lose. If it doesn't we win - I hope.
    Yes, but surely the intent of the signatories comes into play when the clause is in dispute, if there is no clear statement that defines the actual date, and no clear statement of what constitutes "the current broadcast agreement" then the arbitrator must determine what is fair and reasonable for each party. The intent and the reasonable expectations would count for a whole lot when there isn't a clear statement.

The ARU case will centre around the fact that the date 2020 is not mentioned in the clause and the WF case will centre around the fact that it is implied. Therefore it isnt clear, and the arbiter will need to assess implication, intent and expectation using other sources.

Statements such as "For a very long time" would suggest an intent of greater than 18 months.

C'mon the

vCash
    Which is the long way of saying......

Maybe so. But the ARU's whole case seems to hinge on whether the "new" broadcast deal negates all of that. If it does we lose. If it doesn't we win - I hope.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Player
    vCash
    Good luck to the legal team heading over and thanks to Lavan Legal and the Hon Malcolm McCusker QC for their support of the cause. I hope they deliver a knock out blow to the ARU. The article by Nick Taylor just show's there is no integrity in rugby's East Coast masters.

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Which is the long way of saying......

Mine sounds more positive

C'mon the

Player
    vCash
    Don't forget that the agreement apparently has provisions close to equivalent of a JV and the accompanying rights therefore. I.e. Any action by one partner must not detrimentally impact on the other.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DazloT View Post
    Don't forget that the agreement apparently has provisions close to equivalent of a JV and the accompanying rights therefore. I.e. Any action by one partner must not detrimentally impact on the other.
    Aaaaahhhh but by culling the Force the FUBARU are doing us a favour

The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DazloT View Post
    True. There are some specifics that the ARU must meet in the event of a change to the competition, IIRC. Hopefully forgetting/not complying will see them shoot themselves in the foot.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2