To quote Jesus after the sermon on the mount (apparently):

There's just no pleasing some people

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Internet Troll
    I am an Internet Troll
    Please ignore my posts

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecky View Post
    To quote Jesus after the sermon on the mount (apparently)
    Don't believe everything you saw on Life of Brian Ecky.

I am really a Palmyra troll.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by choice View Post
    A Premiership 3rd Grade Final being played at 12.35 as a curtain raiser for Championship B final which is a curtain raiser for a Championship A Grade Final on the same day Premiership Grand Finals are being played in Perth.
    Real good plan.
    Anti squad fudging mechanism

Player
    vCash
    Because Hansie everyone likes to play on the big stage in front of their supporters. Mandurah is a fine ground with good facilities. I wouldn't think many supporters of a premiership team will make the hour long trek south to watch their 3rd Grade team play at 12.30, because if they do they certainly won't hang around to watch Championship A & B GF's.

Champion
    vCash
    How times have changed.... For a number of years it was - RWA favouring Uni. Unfair that Uni should reap such huge financial rewards hosting the finals. Share the finals around was the call. So, we have done that. Now it's about travel...Mandurah club facilities are actually very good. Travel from Soaks, Neddies and Cott to Mandurah will be around 45 mins. Travel from same grounds to Kalla, about the same.

Few 3rd and 4th grade finals teams stayed back and watched champ A and B even when it was held at UNI.

Premier clubs should stay back and watch Champ A and B, because that is what Rugby is all about. I have to say the standard in these finals will be very good.

Player
    vCash
    I know at least 4 3rd and 4th Grade teams that will be heading out of Mandurah as soon as they have showered dressed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansie View Post
    How times have changed.... For a number of years it was - RWA favouring Uni. Unfair that Uni should reap such huge financial rewards hosting the finals. Share the finals around was the call. So, we have done that. Now it's about travel...Mandurah club facilities are actually very good. Travel from Soaks, Neddies and Cott to Mandurah will be around 45 mins. Travel from same grounds to Kalla, about the same.

Few 3rd and 4th grade finals teams stayed back and watched champ A and B even when it was held at UNI.

Premier clubs should stay back and watch Champ A and B, because that is what Rugby is all about. I have to say the standard in these finals will be very good.
    Well said Hansie! There is so much sense of entitlement in everything nowadays. The spirit of rugby is slowly dying unfortunately.

Champion
    vCash
    A sense of entitlement only comes from people who have a major influence on your upbringing, chop your kids off at the knees and you won't have this problem.

I've seen too many kids where the parents think their little Johnny is the next big thing in rugby only for little Johnny to get his head filled full of shit and by the time he's 20 he doesn't even play anymore so you are correct Yungfen but modern day parents also have a hell of a lot to answer for.

Hence my reasoning of why there shouldn't be academies until the age of about 18 at the earliest.

Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    "For a number of years it was RugbyWA favouring Uni - unfair..."

Because it was, and it was, Hansie.

Don't undo the good work RugbyWA have put in this year by spouting bullshit at this late stage of the season.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansie View Post

Yup well said Hansie.

vCash
    I kinda miss playing/going to Rugby Union Park at Perry Lakes. lying on the East bank after your game, watching 1sts play, beer in hand, girlfriend stroking your hair.. actually that last bit's a fallacy, most of my girlfriends thought I was a bloody idiot playing, so I got no post-game sympathy there!

When the sun was out, it had a great casual atmosphere. Everyone enjoyed the game. Watching WA, then Perth Gold play there was always an event as the ground and stand was the perfect size for crowds of a few thousand.

Does RugbyWA have plans for such a facility in the future or is that all part of a bygone amateur era?

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    Palmyra have a grandstand to sell you, Andrew.

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewM View Post
    I kinda miss playing/going to Rugby Union Park at Perry Lakes. lying on the East bank after your game, watching 1sts play, beer in hand, girlfriend stroking your hair.. actually that last bit's a fallacy, most of my girlfriends thought I was a bloody idiot playing, so I got no post-game sympathy there!

When the sun was out, it had a great casual atmosphere. Everyone enjoyed the game. Watching WA, then Perth Gold play there was always an event as the ground and stand was the perfect size for crowds of a few thousand.

Does RugbyWA have plans for such a facility in the future or is that all part of a bygone amateur era?
    when perry lakes was sold for property development,the deal was for a new ground to be developed(across the road by the Force HQ).the area was found to be contaminated(no suprise there)and so the pitch was never developed

Player
    vCash
    Where did the money go?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewM View Post
    I kinda miss playing/going to Rugby Union Park at Perry Lakes.
    right with you andrewM, thinking the same thing. Match of the round Sunday, where everyone could get together. Finals time in the old stand. Roodogs getting in the finals - then fiscal responsibility descended, sigh.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast