Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Letter from our Chairman - Tony Howarth AO - Regarding our Battle.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansie View Post
    How about we attend the Test match in our Sea of Blue gear...Let's go and watch a good game of rugby supporting our Force boys in the Wallaby team.
    Quote Originally Posted by SNOB View Post
    We had already decided to do that. I certainly hope that all Force fans attending will do the same.
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    Absolutely! Will be decked in Force blue from head to toe! May even take in a Force flag!
    Wallaby jersey

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

vCash
    wrong blue

there is Force Blue

then there is Baby blue

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    But it's not all over yet

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewM View Post
    But it's not all over yet
    No. BUT, unless I've missed it, still nobody has said whether the process is binding arbitration or not. This is extremely important as the former can't be easily appealed. If non-binding, the ARU must still think Rugby WA will roll over if it goes badly. From all indications this will not be the case. Curiouser and curiouser

vCash
    Maybe the Australian conference can have all five Aussie teams plus Japan, plus Argentina, plus Fiji. Our eight-team conference can be our ersatz NRC. The rate this is going...

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    No. BUT, unless I've missed it, still nobody has said whether the process is binding arbitration or not. This is extremely important as the former can't be easily appealed. If non-binding, the ARU must still think Rugby WA will roll over if it goes badly. From all indications this will not be the case. Curiouser and curiouser
    I was actually just making an oblique Bob Dylan reference there..

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewM View Post
    I was actually just making an oblique Bob Dylan reference there..
    Yeah got that - sort of. Must admit I was "hearing" Graham Bonnet.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Internet Troll
    I am an Internet Troll
    Please ignore my posts

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Exile View Post
    Mr Darkness, I hope that you may permit me a serious question and honor me with a serious answer.

By not attending the Test Match. Are we not putting at risk money that RugbyWA could possibly earn that would go in to WA Rugby? Would not attending the Test Match become a (poor) excuse for the ARU to use against RugbyWA/Western Force/WA Rugby Fans to boot the Western Force from Super Rugby?
    Ex, we should know where the Force's future lies during the month of August. If its a negative outcome then there's no fricking way I will contribute one more cent to the aru's coffers. My understanding is that proceeds (or losses) from test matches return to the aru, not rugby wa.

Let them take a big hit courtesy of the west.

Yes there will be green shirts attending worn by expat saffas but would be awesome if no gold shirts in the stands.

I feel so betrayed by the aru (even before the arbitration) I can't see any merit in pandering to them.

If the Force are drop kicked, rugby in wa should formally disassociate itself from the aru and go on a separate path. They have made it abundantly clear that they do not value us so we should not roll over and accept a subservient position.

I am so angry with the aru if you haven't realised.

If the arbitration goes well and the Force's future looks assured by the end of August then yes I will proudly and defiantly attend the 9 sept test and wear my Force gear. It will take quite some time before I could loyally follow the wallabies like I have to date.

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Darkness; 30-07-17 at 11:13.

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkness View Post
    Ex, we should know where the Force's future lies during the month of August. If its a negative outcome then there's no fricking way I will contribute one more cent to the aru's coffers. My understanding is that proceeds (or losses) from test matches return to the aru, not rugby wa.

Let them take a big hit courtesy of the west.

Yes there will be green shirts attending worn by expat saffas but would be awesome if no gold shirts in the stands.

I feel so betrayed by the aru (even before the arbitration) I can't see any merit in pandering to them.

If the Force are drop kicked, rugby in wa should formally disassociate itself from the aru and go on a separate path. They have made it abundantly clear that they do not value us so we should not roll over and accept a subservient position.

I am so angry with the aru if you haven't realised.

If the arbitration goes well and the Force's future looks assured by the end of August then yes I will proudly and defiantly attend the 9 sept test and wear my Force gear. It will take quite some time before I could loyally follow the wallabies like I have to date.
    Thank you for your reply Mr Darkness.

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    I 100% agree with everything you said, but this point is sticking out for me. I think they'd already be quite familiar with the concept of Australia playing in front of home crowds that are majority populated by the opposition supporters.
    All Blacks in Melbourne
    Lions in anywhere
    Any match played at Homebush
    Suncorp when the Wallabies aren't winning (read any test this year)
    Suncorp when the team isn't made up of mainly Reds players (might save them this year)

I honestly don't think they will care. They know Kiwis will turn up to watch Kiwis flog anyone and all they care about is the Lucre. If we're serious about hitting them in the hip pocket, what we need to do is convince all the Saffers in the state that they're doing rugby a disservice by supporting the ARU in their attack on WA. a crowd of 2000 would send a message!

But I am also coming around to the idea that a crowd of 10,000 wearing Force blue wold also send a pretty strong message.

Haven't bought tickets yet, but starting to think it mightn't be a bad idea.

C'mon the

vCash
    I've been thinking all along that I don't want to contribute one single cent more to the ARU. I have not changed my mind so far. But if that Test turns into an organised blue rally and the legal stoush is unresolved I might. But I still won't like doing it.

Internet Troll
    I am an Internet Troll
    Please ignore my posts

vCash
    Gigs, our stars seem to be aligning. Maybe we could be friends?

As a wa rugby / twf strategy why wouldnt we all wait until the end of August before making any commitment on tickets?

That way the aru will be having kittens seeing the perth test as a looming financial disaster with bugger all ticket sales. Put the pressure back on them for once or at least turn the screws.

If the Force's position looks assured or a protest attendance wearing Force shirts could be organised in the 1st week of sept. They won't sell out the tickets so no pressure on us.

Rugby tests aren't going anywhere, aru have made a commitment to the state govt for a bledisloe at the new stadium.

I am really a Palmyra troll.

Senior Player
    vCash
    Gigs, our stars seem to be aligning. Maybe we could be friends?

As a wa rugby / twf strategy why wouldnt we all wait until the end of August before making any commitment on tickets?

That way the aru will be having kittens seeing the perth test as a looming financial disaster with bugger all ticket sales. Put the pressure back on them for once or at least turn the screws.

If the Force's position looks assured or a protest attendance wearing Force shirts could be organised in the 1st week of sept. They won't sell out the tickets so no pressure on us.

Rugby tests aren't going anywhere, aru have made a commitment to the state govt for a bledisloe at the new stadium.
    My interest in the Wallabies is non-existent if they cut us.

I really don't think McCusker gets involved in the fight to lose this battle. I wouldn't be surprised though if ARU have a few pro-bono lawyers from the eastern suburbs of Sydney to battle against.

In so many ways this plays on the West v East rivalry.

When we win, there will be massive marketing dollars to be made between Force v Waratahs games into the future.

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    Darkness, this is a Wallabies/Force thread.

Piss off to where you belong in Metro Rugby land.

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    Actually, it should be GIGS telling you this, but he's too polite.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast