Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Letter from our Chairman - Tony Howarth AO - Regarding our Battle.

vCash
    I still can't believe the ARU didn't have a similar back-up plan for their cut provinces in the way that South Africa did. Especially considering that they still went out of their way to ensure their cut Super teams continued on in the Pro12, despite the fact that the cut South African franchises would still exist as pro teams in the Currie Cup anyway.

The fact that there was no move to keep the Force or Rebels alive in any other competition(s), even if at reduced strength, knowing that the game just dies at pro level in either WA or Victoria after the cut, is incomprehensible to me as the actions of a national governing body. Even more ridiculous, is that now that they're fighting for survival, the national body is trying even harder to kill them off. I swear, who does this?! How can they NOT want the game to continue in new expansion areas?! At least do SOMETHING to keep the game going at the pro level.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by chibi; 29-07-17 at 01:57.

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    you are dealing with the ARU here,chibi!

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    The Nedlands Rugby Clubs "editorials" have been a revelation. They are insightful and a credit to the Nedlands Rugby Club.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chibi View Post
    I still can't believe the ARU didn't have a similar back-up plan for the cut provinces in the way that South Africa did. Especially considering that they still went out of their way to ensure their cut Super teams continued on in the Pro12, despite the fact that the cut South African franchises would still exist as pro teams in the Currie Cup anyway.

The fact that there was no move to keep the Force or Rebels alive in any other competition(s), even if at reduced strength, knowing that the game just dies at pro level in either WA or Victoria after the cut, is incomprehensible to me as the actions of a national governing body. Even more ridiculous, is that now that they're fighting for survival, the national body is trying even harder to kill them off. I swear, who does this?! How can they NOT want the game to continue in new expansion areas?! At least do SOMETHING to keep the game going at the pro level.
    I think the most amazing thing of all of this is that its like the ARU forgot that they had an agreement with RugbyWA.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Exile
    Sydney

Internet Troll
    I am an Internet Troll
    Please ignore my posts

vCash
    Anyone Force member or twfer who attends the test match at nib stadium on 9 September is a traitor.

I am really a Palmyra troll.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Exile View Post
    I think the most amazing thing of all of this is that its like the ARU forgot that they had an agreement with RugbyWA.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Whatever twit is running the show there-seems to be Clive- is frozen into some kind of World War 1 mentality,or Dad's Army. The ARU f##d up royally from the getgo & I it's been a steady spiral downhill in decision making, PR, planning.. you name it, they've muffed every angle you can think of.

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkness View Post
    Anyone Force member or twfer who attends the test match at nib stadium on 9 September is a traitor.
    Mr Darkness, I hope that you may permit me a serious question and honor me with a serious answer.

By not attending the Test Match. Are we not putting at risk money that RugbyWA could possibly earn that would go in to WA Rugby? Would not attending the Test Match become a (poor) excuse for the ARU to use against RugbyWA/Western Force/WA Rugby Fans to boot the Western Force from Super Rugby?

Exile
    Sydney

vCash
    Not attending the test could be counter-balanced by getting bumper crowds down to the Spirit's games I suppose. Maybe RWA should treat the Spirit this year as a continuation of the Force season and get letters out to the members to get down to the matches? (Do they already do that?)

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

Champion
    vCash
    How about we attend the Test match in our Sea of Blue gear...Let's go and watch a good game of rugby supporting our Force boys in the Wallaby team.

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansie View Post
    How about we attend the Test match in our Sea of Blue gear...Let's go and watch a good game of rugby supporting our Force boys in the Wallaby team.
    We had already decided to do that. I certainly hope that all Force fans attending will do the same.

May the FORCE be with you!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SNOB View Post
    We had already decided to do that. I certainly hope that all Force fans attending will do the same.
    Absolutely! Will be decked in Force blue from head to toe! May even take in a Force flag!

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansie View Post
    I love that you think the Force boys will be picked en-masse Hans, remember form doesn't enter the calculations.

The "good game of rugby" thin will be heavily dependent upon the number of non-tahs picked, I think that might be in jeopardy as well.

But sending a message to the ARU by attending wearing blue is something I could get behind if I can afford it.

C'mon the

vCash
    So, how do we promote it..
    Wallabies vs South Africa
    9th Sept
    #bethereinblue

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewM View Post
    So, how do we promote it..
    Wallabies vs South Africa