Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Have the Rebels been signed over to VRU?

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    For what its worth - I believe that at the end of this season - WE have done enough.

Forgive me for using the collective WE. Let me explain.

WE - The Western Force supporters - have attended each game this year, in higher numbers that last year. Apparently we are the only Club to do that in Australia. We have used our voice and our words. We have written articles and posts in web sites. We have raised and signed petitions. We have constructed banners and created stickers. We have have become shareholders. WE shed a tear when Hodgo retired. And WE have become world famous.

We - The Western Force team - have won more games than the experts expected. Have made believers out of commentators and reporters that some would say have a hatred for the Western Force. We have beaten the "protected species of the Waratahs and the Reds. We traveled around the world and beat Argentina at home. We came second in the Australian Conference when the experts picked us to be last. We have a head coach that every other Australian Team wants.

We - RugbyWA - have brought the Western Force back to Clubland where the majority of Club stalwarts don't hate them as much as they used to. We have taken the ARU to court and convinced Former Governor Malcolm McCusker to take up the fight. We have shown thru innovation that WA can support and sustain a Super Rugby side. We have convinced that Andrew Twiggy Forrest to support the Western Force and its fight with the ARU.

We have done everything we possibly could. We have left nothing behind and left no stone unturned. We will win this fight. We will be here next year. WE are the Sea of Blue.

20 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    .....and you, my old mate, forgot THE most important bit - produced enough local talent to fill more than half the starting team when injuries hit the squad. And they performed admirably in NZ against their best without missing a beat.

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    .....and you, my old mate, forgot THE most important bit - produced enough local talent to fill more than half the starting team when injuries hit the squad. And they performed admirably in NZ against their best without missing a beat.
    sorry mate - my bad

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    And we smashed the ARU Turds to bits.

Prospect
    vCash

We

Quote Originally Posted by Exile View Post
    For what its worth - I believe that at the end of this season - WE have done enough.

Forgive me for using the collective WE. Let me explain.

WE - The Western Force supporters - have attended each game this year, in higher numbers that last year. Apparently we are the only Club to do that in Australia. We have used our voice and our words. We have written articles and posts in web sites. We have raised and signed petitions. We have constructed banners and created stickers. We have have become shareholders. WE shed a tear when Hodgo retired. And WE have become world famous.

We - The Western Force team - have won more games than the experts expected. Have made believers out of commentators and reporters that some would say have a hatred for the Western Force. We have beaten the "protected species of the Waratahs and the Reds. We traveled around the world and beat Argentina at home. We came second in the Australian Conference when the experts picked us to be last. We have a head coach that every other Australian Team wants.

We - RugbyWA - have brought the Western Force back to Clubland where the majority of Club stalwarts don't hate them as much as they used to. We have taken the ARU to court and convinced Former Governor Malcolm McCusker to take up the fight. We have shown thru innovation that WA can support and sustain a Super Rugby side. We have convinced that Andrew Twiggy Forrest to support the Western Force and its fight with the ARU.

We have done everything we possibly could. We have left nothing behind and left no stone unturned. We will win this fight. We will be here next year. WE are the Sea of Blue.
    Exile, very well put. The effort by everyone has been nothing short of remarkable. Never fear, we still have a few trump cards in our deck should we need them to close out this game.

13 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    Exile, to maintain the rage, WE now need to focus on Club Rugby and get out to the venues and watch our local talent play each other.

In a few weeks time Mandurah and Palmyra get to host the season ending finale, the Pindan Grand Finals. Let's send another message to the ARU and show the passion and support we have for our community clubs.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    I tried to get to McGillivray yesterday to watch UWA v Neddies but aged parent problems meant I couldn't make it :-(

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

Champion Contributor sandgroperrugby's Avatar
    vCash
    Went down to see the bulls yesterday. Hot chips and a beer whilst watching rugby and the kids playing at the playground. What could be better for a rainy day. Not talking about the result obviously.

Generally speaking you aren’t learning much if your lips are moving!!!

Internet Troll
    I am an Internet Troll
    Please ignore my posts

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by volvo View Post
    Interesting to see SANZAAR is planning a plan B if the ARU cant get rid of the force or rebels. There is hope that if both teams can just push the fight for long enough we can be #stronger as five. There will be a point where SANZAAR will have to start creating a schedule, book flights, venues ect...
    I have it on impeccable authority that the timing for locking in flights, hotels etc was 6 weeks ago!

SANZAAR need to take a lot of the rap for this mess for running such a cost inefficient competition whilst living an extravagant lifestyle themselves. They are the ones that should be cut.

vCash
    Not sure if Wayne Smith was taking the micky or not in an article in the Australian today, saying something along the lines that Wessels had the Rebels squad immersed in Rebels culture and history. I wonder how that went - Did they just give them all a credit card and tell them not to worry about the payments? Has any Rebels player been around long enough for them to develop a team culture?

vCash
    Force history and culture shall be integrated into Rebels history and culture, to ensure that the irresponsible decisions made in 2005 shall be forever struck from history.

In 10 years, nobody will remember the force, they will simply be the rebels heritage colours.

C'mon the

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    From the original article.....

Quote Originally Posted by travelling_gerry View Post
    WAYNE SMITH
    Senior sport writerBrisbane
    @WayneKeithSmith

One rumour, however, did prove to be entirely unfounded. There was a strong suggestion that Rob Clarke, who resigned last month as chief operations officer of the ARU, was acting as a consultant for the VRU/Rebels. However, Clarke contacted The Australian last night to insist there was no substance to the reports.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/spor...f5429e3af5bb74

and from an article following the Senate Inquiry....

Resigning in April and finishing in June, Clarke said he had consulted with the club but that wasn't until after working with other organisations and the Super Rugby decision being finalised.

vCash
    Bullshit in a handbag

The truth may set you free, but only evidence convicts

vCash
    Proof (if any were needed) that Clarke does not know the difference between lies and truth. The Teflon coating he thinks he is wrapped in has clearly addled his pea-sized brain.

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast