Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 32

Thread: Sydney Morning Herald - Team of the Week

  1. #16
    Champion MI5_Dog's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Rockingham
    Posts
    1,688
    vCash
    6289050
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Could also be because you played the man and not the ball.
    He wouldn't be the first. That website is full of people ragging on each other and few get called up for it.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  2. #17
    Immortal Contributor shasta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Mandurah
    Posts
    11,345
    vCash
    5572000
    The Bronze Star of Faith TWF Contributor!
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Could also be because you played the man and not the ball.
    So, after those glaring factual errors, you think that my criticism of somrone putting himself forward as an expert was misdirected or unfair?

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

  3. #18
    Immortal Contributor jono's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    10,472
    vCash
    5566000
    Dry July! TWF Contributor! MO-vember Donator The Bronze Star of Faith
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    So, after those glaring factual errors, you think that my criticism of somrone putting himself forward as an expert was misdirected or unfair?
    No, but it did give them a legitimate reason to censor you.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    I STILL HAVE FAITH!!!

  4. #19
    Immortal Contributor jono's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    10,472
    vCash
    5566000
    Dry July! TWF Contributor! MO-vember Donator The Bronze Star of Faith
    Quote Originally Posted by MI5_Dog View Post
    He wouldn't be the first. That website is full of people ragging on each other and few get called up for it.
    one of the main reasons i stopped looking on there years ago. it's almost as bad as the perthnow facebook comments

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    I STILL HAVE FAITH!!!

  5. #20
    Immortal Contributor shasta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Mandurah
    Posts
    11,345
    vCash
    5572000
    The Bronze Star of Faith TWF Contributor!
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    No, but it did give them a legitimate reason to censor you.
    Any "expert journalist" demonstrating such an obvious lack of knowledge on his subject matter deserves to be called out. That is not a personal attack. Perhaps if you read the comments, including from a colleague, you might think see that.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

  6. #21
    Immortal Contributor jono's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    10,472
    vCash
    5566000
    Dry July! TWF Contributor! MO-vember Donator The Bronze Star of Faith
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Any "expert journalist" demonstrating such an obvious lack of knowledge on his subject matter deserves to be called out. That is not a personal attack. Perhaps if you read the comments, including from a colleague, you might think see that.
    The roar are anti-force, we have known that for years.
    No matter what else does or doesn't get censored it's almost to be expected that a comment from a force fan telling a writer that his blatant ignoring the force performance on the weekend wasn't going to be well received. Especially when you tell him he doesn't know what he's talking about.

    I'd say your post got moderated because of how it was said, not what you said.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    I STILL HAVE FAITH!!!

  7. #22
    Immortal Contributor shasta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Mandurah
    Posts
    11,345
    vCash
    5572000
    The Bronze Star of Faith TWF Contributor!
    How do you say "I think you should limit yourself to sports you know something about" without saying that?

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

  8. #23
    Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Location
    Reality
    Posts
    1,173
    vCash
    5278000
    My comment never got censored and i teed right off on his Guru status.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  9. #24
    Veteran
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    2,765
    vCash
    160360
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Any "expert journalist" demonstrating such an obvious lack of knowledge on his subject matter deserves to be called out. That is not a personal attack. Perhaps if you read the comments, including from a colleague, you might think see that.
    I love the fact the Brett McKay jumped in.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  10. #25
    Immortal GIGS20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Rockingham
    Posts
    17,081
    vCash
    1208000
    The Bronze Star of Faith
    I actually find the SMH version to be pretty arrogant. IT is essentially saying that to beat the Waratahs we had to provide the best entire team in Australia.

    Not to diminish what the boys did on Saturday, because I do believe we should have made up a majority of the team of the week, however surely there were individuals in the other three teams who put in good performances and (at least) challenged some Force players for a spot?

    Obviously there was not one Tah who stood up to be counted, they rolled over meekly in the face of insurmountable pressure and aggression .

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

  11. #26
    Legend Contributor Alison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    5,671
    vCash
    5556000
    TWF Contributor!
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    ok........

    Moving right along; did you get anything back from them as to why it hasn't been published?
    They said it was because they couldn't verify my figures. They could simply have done what I did and downloaded the accounts from ASIC if they really wanted to fact check. I gave them the link....

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    I may be wrong...but I highly doubt it, because I'm an Alison
    (Note for dullards: this 'signature' is not meant to be taken seriously)

  12. #27
    Immortal Contributor jono's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    10,472
    vCash
    5566000
    Dry July! TWF Contributor! MO-vember Donator The Bronze Star of Faith
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    They said it was because they couldn't verify my figures. They could simply have done what I did and downloaded the accounts from ASIC if they really wanted to fact check. I gave them the link....
    god that's frustrating.

    Almost gotta assume there was almost meant to be a "(be bothered to)" in their reply email.

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    I STILL HAVE FAITH!!!

  13. #28
    Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    booragoon
    Posts
    5,000
    vCash
    5436000
    Dry July! TWF Competition Winner! MO-vember Donator TWF Contributor!
    Hey, I had a comment posted on the SMH article linked in the first post in this thread.

    I don't think Pulver & co will be pleased to read it.

    2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  14. #29
    Immortal Contributor shasta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Mandurah
    Posts
    11,345
    vCash
    5572000
    The Bronze Star of Faith TWF Contributor!
    Good stuff Fulvio.

    Never knew "braggadoccio" had an adjectival form, so I learned something as well.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  15. #30
    Champion sittingbison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    North Freo
    Posts
    2,011
    vCash
    5352000
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Good stuff Fulvio.

    Never knew "braggadoccio" had an adjectival form, so I learned something as well.
    Jeebus there's some plonker on the Roar handled "sittingbison"

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 06-09-13, 08:27
  2. Replies: 11
    Last Post: 16-07-08, 15:26
  3. ARC Week 3 ET Perth Spirit v Sydney Fleet
    By travelling_gerry in forum TAB
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 25-08-07, 18:47
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 18-11-06, 01:36

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •