Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Twiggy backs the Force

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    I would say that he has thrown that in because why should your "force" an option on the "other" affected that you wouldn't at least consider yourself. Smart negotiator is that Twiggy.

Love the Board Rooms not Court Rooms quote.

I expect an early outcome on the Arbitration, Wednesday at the latest.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Veteran
    vCash
    umm... how do i get onto the loan idea.

I do not have the funds currently, due to an volunteeering trip starting at hte end of the month, but i want to get on board!

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by palitu View Post

I do not have the funds currently, due to an volunteeering trip starting at hte end of the month, but i want to get on board!

Andrew Forrest’s Support Doubles the Benefits for Grass Roots Rugby in WA
    By Fraser Smith
    Mon 31st July 17

Andrew Forrest's commitment to throw the full spectrum of his support into saving the Road Safety Western Force has now been extended to also supporting the development and growth of community rugby in WA at the grass roots level.

The announcement this morning that his support now includes the offer of unsecured and interest free loans to those supporters who really want to join the "Own the Force" fund but can't afford to and that the repayment of those loans will be made to RugbyWA, not Mr Forrest also benefits community rugby.

This generous offer fits with both Mr Forest and RugbyWA's objective for the Road Safety Western Force to be a community owned organisation through a successful "Own the Force" fundraising but also provides direct support to WA's rugby community through the repayments of the loans going into the development of grass roots rugby.

"Andrew's idea of promoting community participation by doubling the benefit for the cause will have a wonderful impact on both the professional game but more importantly provide funds for RugbyWA to support the growth of grass roots rugby in Western Australia at the community level ranging from our under 6's through to junior and schoolboy rugby, women’s rugby and clubs both in Perth and regional areas." Said Mr Howarth Rugby WA's Chairman.

“We are looking forward to sitting down with Andrew to work through the implementation of the proposal.”

RugbyWA also adds its' support to Andrew's voice off the back of this ground-breaking support for Rugby in WA that the ARU should lead, not just litigate and confirm its past commitments to rugby as a national game.

https://www.westernforce.com.au/arti...roots-rugby-wa

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Please post any news here ASAP

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    I don't practice in the area of corporate law, but from my studies over 48 years ago, I recall that a company was legally prevented from lending money to purchase its own shares.

This lending arrangement, with the repayments going back to RugbyWA, seems to be close to that situation.

I hope it's been thought through by the legal advisors.

vCash
    But isn't it Twiggy - an independent third party - who's going to be lending the money? In fact, he's not lending anything - he's giving it away (albeit with strings attached).

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    It's a grey area if he's donating the money to RugbyWA to lend for purchase of it's shares, Alison.

Anyway, I'm no expert, and I'm sure they'll work it out so it complies.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fulvio sammut View Post
    It's a grey area if he's donating the money to RugbyWA to lend for purchase of it's shares, Alison.

well what ever happens the ARU won't be able to work it out as it will be above their intelligence level ot pay scale

vCash
    Yep, it's there in section 205 of the 1989 Corporations Act (Cwth) which replaced the old Companies Act.

Last edited by fulvio sammut; 31-07-17 at 15:02.

Apprentice
    vCash
    Sanzaar have stated that the format for next years competition is, 5 NZ teams, 4 teams from Aus and SA. So, when the Force win the arbitration and it's deemed that we are safe, with the Rebels being privately owned, how does it work going forward if Sanzaar only issue 4 licences to Australia? Do the ARU have the untidy task of negotiating with Cox/VRU in order to buy their licence and cut them at that point, or will the Force get dragged into the issue again if the merri-go-round picks up again in a Court case?
    I have read that if the VRU buy the Rebels licence then they are as good as safe, but don't understand how this can be the case.....!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Phill1524 View Post
    Sanzaar have stated that the format for next years competition is, 5 NZ teams, 4 teams from Aus and SA. So, when the Force win the arbitration and it's deemed that we are safe, with the Rebels being privately owned, how does it work going forward if Sanzaar only issue 4 licences to Australia? Do the ARU have the untidy task of negotiating with Cox/VRU in order to buy their licence and cut them at that point, or will the Force get dragged into the issue again if the merri-go-round picks up again in a Court case?
    I have read that if the VRU buy the Rebels licence then they are as good as safe, but don't understand how this can be the case.....!
    It is my understanding that the ARU have to sign off on the transfer of the license and can, if they wish, veto such a move.
    However this still leaves Cox with the license and they're back to square one.
    If they can't get rid of the Force or the Rebels, and they are required to remove one team from Super Rugby then there's going to be some significant problems for the three remaining teams.
    But since they still believe they don't need a plan B I can't see them remotely considering that they will require a plan C if it all goes to shit.

I hope it all goes to shit and suddenly the Tahs, Reds and Brumbies are in the same situation the Force and Rebels have been for the last few months.
    I don't want them to go
    but I'd like to see them sweat a bit.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MI5_Dog View Post

I hope it all goes to shit and suddenly the Tahs, Reds and Brumbies are in the same situation the Force and Rebels have been for the last few months.
    I don't want them to go
    but I'd like to see them sweat a bit.

If the ARU had a list of criteria all teams would have failed.. Thats why its never been made public .. I am like you MI5 would love to see how much backroom dealing would have been done for certain teams to survive lol

Last edited by travelling_gerry; 31-07-17 at 16:17.

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by palitu View Post

yeah me too

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fulvio sammut View Post

Been thinking about this one overnight Fulvio, there must be some way out because Banks lend money for margin loans to enable you to buy shares including their own...

vCash
    Shares are to buy Force not RugbyWA
    RugbyWA not lending the money

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast