Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: ABC NEWS - Papworth on culling a Super Rugby side at 6:30pm WST

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BLR View Post
    If he has access to information that is private he should be pushing to get this released otherwise Chieka has simply proved without a doubt they are not having an open process.
    I agree wholeheartedly and this is why i feel he is part of the problem as well!!

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    What a awful interview! The Bird who did it was nothing short clueless ( Which means she can get a gig in the Rugby media in this country...what ever that is!)

Super League? Huh?

No reference to other Club Rugby but the Shute Shield

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Basha69 View Post
    Cheika replied that this is not the case and i'm not privy to the info he has regarding ARU financials
    I can't imagine him poring over multiple annual reports. His info probably comes from a similar source to Brett Papworth's - "somebody in the know". It seemed to me that Pappy might have a better idea where most of the money is going, now. Hopefully he's not alone.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    I can't imagine him poring over multiple annual reports. His info probably comes from a similar source to Brett Papworth's - "somebody in the know". It seemed to me that Pappy might have a better idea where most of the money is going, now. Hopefully he's not alone.
    That and he probably worries more about the balances of his own company than the ARU. as long as they keep paying him he doesnt really have to worry about their money

Champion
    vCash
    Our national coach showed his true colours when he talked that B. S### About the players being in charge of their own destiny on rugby kick and chase when this all happened.. Thank goodness for the fighters at the Force and Rugby WA or we would be gone!! I just so hope we are successful with arbitration and can get on with supporting our team and make a sucess of it as a big up yours ARU!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Basha69 View Post
    I attended a dinner function last night with Kafer and Cheika. When Cheika was questioned about super rugby he stated that cutting a team would allow the money saved to be re directed and distributed to 'grassroots' rugby, i piped up and said why is the team that is facing the axe (Western Force) the one super franchise that appears to be costing the ARU less in funding to operate than other franchises. Cheika replied that this is not the case and i'm not privy to the info he has regarding ARU financials and where the money is going. I wish i had taken a copy of Alison's investigation with me but the flat out denial that this is not the case really concerns me.
    After last night's function and the answers to questions posed i felt really disheartened, i really want the Wallabies to get flogged in the Bledisloe and the Rugby Championship now, Cheika talks a good fight but in my opinion he is part of the current problem as well as the current ARU board. I feel sad for our great game in this country at the moment
    I will email him a copy of my tables! He's talking out of his NSW backside!

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

Senior Player Contributor WF2006's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Man View Post
    The Bird who ....
    Geez mate, I'd be looking over my shoulder for Andy Murray if i were you!

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Internet Troll
    I am an Internet Troll
    Please ignore my posts

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WF2006 View Post
    Geez mate, I'd be looking over my shoulder for Andy Murray if i were you!
    He's right though. The Bird had not done her homework and seemed to be reading questions written by some misinformed person in the back rooms, probably the gardening editor. Papworth didn't have the balls to correct her when she kept referring to the "super league" . According to her we are the "West Australian Force ". ABC care about the facts as much as the ARU do.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Senior Player Contributor WF2006's Avatar
    vCash
    Point taken

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2