Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Western Force V Waratahs Saturday 15th July 5.45pm

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sandgroperrugby View Post
    Some well placed kicks to turn Taqele around especially when izzy comes up into the line.
    No need to kick the ball away,
    Taqele is fat and slow, step him on the outside and rely on the fact that the Tahs will be slow to react.

Send 2 down his wing, draw and pass, he probably won't even make contact with either, which will set up a 2 on one with Izzy. If you do it when Hooper is out seagulling on the opposite wing, it will be good for at least 30m.

Let the Tahs be the team that kick possession away this week!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

vCash
    How did Captains Run go yesterday? Team looking good? Thought Gus might've been in this week? And is Richie injured? Team list looks bloody good tho! Play like last week they've got it nailed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by valzc View Post
    How did Captains Run go yesterday? Team looking good? Thought Gus might've been in this week? And is Richie injured? Team list looks bloody good tho! Play like last week they've got it nailed.
    Hardwick is in the 20 jersey. If Hodgo is playing the full 80, then I guess Naisrani will go like the blazes for 50-60 and Hardwick comes on to cause havoc to a tired Tahs pack.

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

vCash
    No Benny Mac either Val :-(

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

Senior Player Contributor DarthMoose's Avatar
    vCash
    I just put some pics in the 'gallery' here: http://twf.com.au/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=343

All with the iPhone unfortunately as my camera decided today it was not going to work...!

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion Contributor sandgroperrugby's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthMoose View Post
    I just put some pics in the 'gallery' here: http://twf.com.au/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=343

All with the iPhone unfortunately as my camera decided today it was not going to work...!
    Best part of the day for me was watching hodgos kids play on the side lines and make a bus out of tackle pads. Then tatafu coming over and saying I will drive the bus. Picture 7 of darths slide show. Pretty much summed up the family atmosphere of the team.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Generally speaking you aren’t learning much if your lips are moving!!!

vCash
    Just heard by Fox Nick McCardle that Cox Handing the licence back to the rugby union to be taken over by consortium?

vCash
    Is this like a case of pass the hot potato?

vCash
    What does that mean for us?

vCash
    doesn't sound like good news Alison, the VicRU will fight harder to keep the Rebels, despite financial risk.

Big question is whether ARU approval is required?

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Apprentice
    vCash
    Just heard by Fox Nick McCardle that Cox Handing the licence back to the rugby union to be taken over by consortium?
    Source?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Macattack View Post
    doesn't sound like good news Alison, the VicRU will fight harder to keep the Rebels, despite financial risk.

Big question is whether ARU approval is required?
    If it is required it'll be given with bells on and a few million bucks thrown in to help them through the early days. The ARU would sell their own kids if it meant the Force would finally be exterminated.

vCash
    Well Nick did say the ARU are still to sign off on it, but it doesn't change our own legal rights. To me it just means the Rebs license is loose. So are the licenses just for getting bandied around now? And is Vic RU happy to foot the bills instead of Cox?

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    If this is the case and the Rebels need another bail out on top the handout, they should then be required to hand over the licence to the ARU in return.......leaving OTF three months to make up any shortfall the Force has this year?

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Nick Taylor's slant on the above....sounds more like Cox wants to walk away and the VRU are scrambling to save the licence.

VRU looks to syndicate to save Melbourne Rebels

The Victorian Rugby Union is in talks with a wealthy syndicate as they battle to save the Melbourne Rebels from the ARU axe next season.
    The VRU wants the syndicate, understood to include foundation shareholders, to buy the Super Rugby licence from Rebels owner Andrew Cox and hand them control of the loss making club.

The ARU is trying to cut either the Rebels or Western Force from the competition.
    The move comes amid reports that Cox is in negotiations with the ARU and the Victorian Government about relinquishing his hold on the struggling club.
    However, it is understood the Victorian government will not assist financially and a planned rugby centre of excellence is now unlikely to go ahead.
    Cox, who bought the Rebels licence for $1, previously offered to sell it back to the ARU for $4.75 million. He then said he would not sell the club just to see it closed and warned he would start legal action against the governing body.
    The ARU, that has to sign-off on any sale or transfer of the licence, was given notice for mediation by the Rebels last month but the meeting was cancelled. An ARU spokesman said informal discussions would continue.
    Victoria’s Sports Minister John Eren said: “The Victorian Government will continue working with the ARU and the VRU to ensure the Rebels are here to stay.”
    The VRU did not return calls.
    The Force are confident they have a watertight alliance agreement with the ARU as they head into arbitration in two weeks.
    They claim the ARU have obligations under the agreement signed last May by the club and the governing body that commits both parties through the current broadcast deal that ends in 2020.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast