Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Western Force V Waratahs Saturday 15th July 5.45pm

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Righto team - guns back in holsters, pitchforks and open flame torches down.
    It's a trap

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

vCash
    You're saying it wrong..

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Player
    vCash
    The Force is strong in you young AndrewM!

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonkar View Post
    Hi Can somebody inform us who the officals will be next Saturday night.. I am hoping we get a Kiwi or South African as if its Rohan Hoffman he should order an ambulance now.. I am sure he will wear a few very fowl comments during the game..

A game this big and against the ARU pets we are entitled to a fair contest...
    Romain Poite
    Jérôme Garcès - Ass #1
    The Hoffmeister - Ass#2
    TMO: "Bill the Phantom" Pulver- with the final say

vCash

Western Force won’t have a mortgage on passion: Bernard Foley

The Australian 12:00AM July 12, 2017

Fired-up NSW Waratahs five-eighth Bernard Foley insists the Western Force won’t have a mortgage on passion in Perth heading into what may be the hosts’ last Super Rugby match.

Either the Force or Melbourne Rebels will be cut from the competition next season and the Tahs are expecting an emotion-charged game on Saturday.

Given those circumstances and that the Force’s favourite son Matt Hodgson will be playing his last game before retiring, Foley predicted a feisty encounter and is wary of an abrasive Force pack.

“I don’t think the emotion, the pride, the passion, just belongs to them,” Foley said.

“For us, we’ve got as much to play for in a season that hasn’t gone our way, the results haven’t gone the way we wanted them.

“We’ve spoken about finishing the season off well, really putting an exclamation mark on what’s been a challenging season. That emotion, or that passion, they don’t have a mortgage on it, just because it could be their last game or they’ve got the home crowd.”

The Tahs will also be motivated by trying to send stalwarts Dean Mumm and Rob Horne out on a high in their final game for the state.

NSW have notched just four victories this season, the same as in Foley’s first full year with the club in 2012.

“The last time we did it, we were able to win the comp two years later, so from a season like this you’ve got to take a lot away from it,” Foley said.

“You’ve got to review it openly and honestly and learn some lessons and be better for next year.”

Foley emphatically rejected the claim of player discontent towards coach Daryl Gibson aired earlier this week.

“I can squash all rumours here, there’s no chat of player dispute or questioning Daryl,” he said.

“He has the complete understanding and complete support of the playing squad.”

The 35-year-old Hodgson has been sidelined for the past five weeks with a torn calf. But he has declared himself fit for his finale, saying he can go 80 minutes if needed.

The Force’s future hangs in the balance, and Hodgson will continue the fight for their survival beyond this weekend.

But for now, Hodgson is fully focused on helping the Force snare a win that could see them finish second in the Australian conference.

And his plans for after the game? “We’re all catching up for a few drinks for the next six months,” Hodgson said with a laugh.

“I’m pretty excited. I’m enjoying every moment I get to be out with the boys.

“It probably won’t hit me until that final hooter goes.”

A little-known fact is Hodgson actually started his career at the Waratahs. But serious injuries to his ankle, shoulder, and knee meant Hodgson never got to play a game for his hometown club.

Meanwhile, Waratahs centre David Horwitz has signed with Melbourne, becoming the first player from another Australian Super Rugby club to commit to the Rebels or Western Force since the announcement one of those sides will be cut from next year’s competition.

The Rebels yesterday confirmed the signing of Horwitz on a one-year deal and say there’s more to come, despite the Australian Rugby Union still to declare which side faces the axe.

The 22-year-old saw the writing on the wall at NSW with the return of Wallabies centre Kurtley Beale, while the Rebels are losing backs Mitch Inman to French club Oyonnax and Jack Debreczeni to Japan.

Ahead of Friday’s final match of a disappointing season, against the Jaguares at AAMI Park, Melbourne are continuing to focus on the future.

“David’s signature is a coup for the Melbourne Rebels and clear indication that this club is building a competitive squad to challenge for the Australian Conference and Super Rugby finals,” Rebels chief executive Baden Stephenson said.

AAP
    http://www.theaustralian.com.au/spor...7a8013633d33b3

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    The Force may not have a mortgage on passion but the Tahs aren't even in the market.

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SinBin View Post
    “David’s signature is a coup for the Melbourne Rebels and clear indication that this club is building a competitive squad to challenge for the Australian Conference and Super Rugby finals,” Rebels chief executive Baden Stephenson said.
    They are a LOOOOONG way from challenging for finals, one signature isn't going to fix deep fundamental problems with the Rebels.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SinBin View Post
    The Australian 12:00AM July 12, 2017

AAP
    http://www.theaustralian.com.au/spor...7a8013633d33b3

vCash
    4. It could get worse for the Waratahs.

The Western Force, in Perth, are next for the Waratahs. There are probably fewer places NSW would like to go in a match that will be loaded with symbolism. One side has played inventive, committed football all season and the other is NSW. And we all know which one is on the chopping block. Of course, we all know there are commercial realities at play in the decision to get rid of a team but put yourself in the shoes of a west coast rugby lover. You have the Sydney-based ARU coming over to tell you to shut down yet in their own backyard the Waratahs are a complete mess. The beautiful lineout move that led to Billy Meakes' try against the Rebels on Saturday showed everything that is good about the Force this year: skills executed with accuracy at speed. The Perth side probably epitomises more than most what that fabled idea of 'Australian rugby' looks like.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/un...08-gx7i6y.html

10 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    4. It could get worse for the Waratahs.

The Western Force, in Perth, are next for the Waratahs. There are probably fewer places NSW would like to go in a match that will be loaded with symbolism. One side has played inventive, committed football all season and the other is NSW. And we all know which one is on the chopping block. Of course, we all know there are commercial realities at play in the decision to get rid of a team but put yourself in the shoes of a west coast rugby lover. You have the Sydney-based ARU coming over to tell you to shut down yet in their own backyard the Waratahs are a complete mess. The beautiful lineout move that led to Billy Meakes' try against the Rebels on Saturday showed everything that is good about the Force this year: skills executed with accuracy at speed. The Perth side probably epitomises more than most what that fabled idea of 'Australian rugby' looks like.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/un...08-gx7i6y.html
    Shit, Cully wote that???

Talk about deserting the tahs

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Player
    vCash
    What a turnaround -we are seen as the future or rugby!!! Copy to puller and clone please- and roll on 2018 -we are on the way!!!
    PS also memo mccusker please please please get it right

vCash
    I imagine the boys have been practicing the inevitable Foley -Folau party trick.....

"Wallabies’ five-eighth Bernard Foley will keep backing the aerial ability of high-flying fullback Israel Folau, even against the mighty All Blacks.
    Foley’s cross-field kicks have proved a fruitful source of tryscoring opportunities for Waratahs and Wallabies teammate Folau in recent weeks.
    He’s set to persevere with the tactic against New Zealand in the upcoming Rugby Championship, though the world champions are renowned for pouncing on the smallest opposition error deep in their own half and going the length of the field to score.
    “I think we back our personnel better,” Foley said.
    “I think Izzy is probably the best in the world in the aerial battles......yadayadayada........."

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    I'm sure it'll change before then but from BOM:

Saturday 15 July
    Summary Min 10 Max 20
    Showers developing.Possible rainfall: 1 to 3 mm. Chance of any rain: 80%

Perth area
    Partly cloudy. High (80%) chance of showers, most likely in the afternoon and evening. Winds north to northwesterly and light becoming northwesterly 15 to 25 km/h during the morning then shifting south to southwesterly 15 to 20 km/h during the evening.

"12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by valzc View Post
    I imagine the boys have been practicing the inevitable Foley -Folau party trick..... "Wallabies’ five-eighth Bernard Foley will keep backing the aerial ability of high-flying fullback Israel Folau,
    He pretty much has to say that, it's the only move that has seen the tahs get close to a 50-50 chance of scoring. I hope they try it on Saturday, I reckon Dane is capable of competing in that battle, and every one he wins will be a try saver

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    I hope they try it on Saturday, I reckon Dane is capable of competing in that battle
    Yep, and when Folau comes forward there's gaps behind. If our backs can get it right and keep the pace up, it could be expensive for the Waratahs.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast