Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Force v Rebels - what better time to act?

vCash

Force v Rebels - what better time to act?

I am just thinking that this game provides the perfect opportunity to shine a light on the mess that has been created this year. The two victims together in one place, a live broadcast, international rugby audience!!

The question is how? Public humiliation, disruption, a moments silence, walking out - who knows. We won't get a better chance.

To date we have been vocal and reasonable. Anyone interested in turning up the heat?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion Contributor sandgroperrugby's Avatar
    vCash
    Said to the missus how about the players sit down on kick off and just don't get up.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Generally speaking you aren’t learning much if your lips are moving!!!

vCash
    I reckon 5 minutes silence.

vCash
    72 minutes silence would be appropriate.
    We could play 8 minutes of rugby, or just delay everything by 72 minutes to be of maximum inconvenience to everyone.

That would be properly embarrassing for the ARU and would put them in the shit with broadcasters

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sandgroperrugby View Post
    Said to the missus how about the players sit down on kick off and just don't get up.
    This would be great, though I am not sure the players would be able to act. The ARU has too much control of their futures.

vCash
    We absolutely must do something. Has to get the cameras' attention so needs to be respectable but absolutely bloody clear what we think of the ARU.

Best thing would be to get a few thousand reversible A4 signs like the ones at the cricket that have "4" and "6" on them.

Has to be something that gets at the ARU, not the Rebels. We need to show the ARU that both the WA and Vic rugby communities are bloody pissed off with their appalling mismanagement, obfuscation and shady dealings!

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    I think we need to avoid any direct criticism of Clyne & Puller though as we'll be asked to take that down like the Rebels supporters were a few weeks back.

vCash
    We need to get Xenos on board ,, He would know how far we could push the envelope to how much the ARU could punish the players. if they took action against the The ARU .. We could ask the players to have a go slow play the game in slow motion.. We also need to get on board with the stronger as 5.. ok now the negative.. After the meeting yesterday I get the feeling that the VRU and the melborne rebels is in bed with the ARU.. They called the meeting and if it was not what they wanted I would have thought fireworks would have exploded at the meeting.. There have not been any media release from the VRU or the Rebels that I have seen.. I am sure they would have been very vocal and released the crap if it was against them..

vCash
    What needs to happen now is...everybody take a deep breath, calm down and let the leagal stuff take it's course. If anyone still thinks public pressure will influence the ARU board they are deluded.

We have been told by RugbyWA board members and the Gen Manager to be quietly confident in the legal team.

Go to the last two games, see Hodgo off fittingly. Then what will be will be.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    I know it won't influence the decision but at least it shows we're not just laying down and taking it! I simply cannot stand aside while I still have breath in my lungs. It's just not in my nature! I'm an Aries - it's not what we do!!

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    I've put a lot of faith in this legal team, and pretty sure they're o to every angle.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    What needs to happen now is...everybody take a deep breath, calm down and let the leagal stuff take it's course. If anyone still thinks public pressure will influence the ARU board they are deluded.

We have been told by RugbyWA board members and the Gen Manager to be quietly confident in the legal team.

Go to the last two games, see Hodgo off fittingly. Then what will be will be.
    That would be the same RWA people who employed Richard Graham and Foley? The same organisation the did the deal with Firepower? Not sure why but I just don't share your confidence.

vCash
    RUPA have the trump card in their hands and should talk to the fans of both he FORCE and THE REBS .. the next game is at NIB .. All players are looking down the barrel of a shot gun and here we have the boardcasters there..International Audience.. Get on board and challenge the ARU to address the players before the game.. No certainty in the players future NO GAME Players just sit it out .. How embaressing would that be for the ARU.. All board members attend and on the field in front of the cameras.. What would the sponsers and the world think of that.. Players revolt I call it.. answers or no game..

vCash
    how about everyone stand and turn their backs to the field before kickoff or at some point during the game

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    I seem to be talking about soccer tonight.....

a couple of years ago - during the A-League match with the Western Sydney Wanderers The RBB (the active fan base) sat in silence for the start of the game and were silent for 20 minutes to protest what the Aus Soccer Federations action to a group of naughty fans for popping flares.

https://youtu.be/jfphrBLKtGw

my suggestion of a time frame would be 10 minutes. Standing with your backs to the playing field. Just so everyone gets the message that we are not happy.

But their maybe a number of significance:
    28 = 28 Million.
    5 = 5 Teams.
    72= 72 hours for the announcement.

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast