Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: Force v Rebels - what better time to act?

vCash
    To BLR, the simple way to solve the financial disaster that is the arus management of super rugby is not to extend a single cent of loan to any team.

If they can't fund themselves internally or commercially, then let them enter receivership.

Would have saved about 33 million dollars if that decision had been made ten years ago, super rugby would be profitable

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Garfiep View Post
    The chant "FU ARU" loud and frequent sends a clear message
    Yup I like it!

Sums everything up and easy to do. We can still watch the game while it goes on.
    If we can get 20,000 fans to the game and smash the Rebels by 30+ points it would say everything we need to say.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    So now diehard rugby people are willing to turn on each other to survive.Does the ARU realise the damage they have done. Don't lower yourselves to the level of those scumbags.

Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Been thinking about the protest thing and a big back turn from the grandstand would be enough, provided the commentary team are in the know, I'm sure they will translate the message if given prior notice through the right channels. Up to us to get the message out to those in the stands via social media TWF and even just by "passing it on" along your row in the grandstand at the game. That would mean some "Chinese whispers" about at what minute of the match we propose to do it.

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    I'm not a fan of turning our backs on the team we're supporting, even in protest.

If we're on board with the fact that we shouldn't be cutting a team, would we be able to just hold up an open hand?
    5 fingers - 5 teams?

vCash
    this has my vote

Rookie
    vCash
    at the 5 minute mark, everyone stand up and clap

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    I'm not a fan of turning our backs on the team we're supporting, even in protest.

If we're on board with the fact that we shouldn't be cutting a team, would we be able to just hold up an open hand?
    5 fingers - 5 teams?

vCash

NNNNoooooo.....

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post

5 fingers - 5 teams?
    No need to let the voice of reason to whisper in your shell like jono

Yup, this, plus the 5min salute of cheering and clapping and dancing

Plus the 5 finger salte with cheering clapping and dancing as we put 5 trys on rebels

My heart says yes but my head says no to the more aggressive options

The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by westies man View Post
    So now diehard rugby people are willing to turn on each other to survive.
    Totally agree Westies Man. I think we need to consider the players and the staff at this time, and the hard times they're going through. Turning on other teams, and even getting vindictive against the ARU doesn't really achieve much (stating facts is different though, that's what we need to do). The Sea of Blue are famous for their support of the Western Force, let's just keep everything positive and let the players know how much everything they do means to us all.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sittingbison View Post
    No need to let the voice of reason to whisper in your shell like jono

Yup, this, plus the 5min salute of cheering and clapping and dancing

Plus the 5 finger salte with cheering clapping and dancing as we put 5 trys on rebels

My heart says yes but my head says no to the more aggressive options

Oh, I had the grandiose image of a silent stadium with all fans sticking a hand up as the teams ran out. That's still pretty freaken aggressive for mine. It's also unmistakable for the point that it's pushing.

Be some image on fox/online in papers the next day if force and the few rebels fans in Perth or who have come over for the game got on board.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    To BLR, the simple way to solve the financial disaster that is the arus management of super rugby is not to extend a single cent of loan to any team.

If they can't fund themselves internally or commercially, then let them enter receivership.

Would have saved about 33 million dollars if that decision had been made ten years ago, super rugby would be profitable
    What fantasy world do you live in that the hard financial decisions are made by the ARU in an appropriate manner against the appropriate parties?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BLR View Post
    What fantasy world do you live in that the hard financial decisions are made by the ARU in an appropriate manner against the appropriate parties?
    I was proposing a solution to the problem, what made you think I was talking about something the ARU would be able to recognise in the street, with a name badge, and an introduction from that bloke who announces the queen?

C'mon the

Veteran
    vCash
    F..U.. ARU, F..U.. ARU!

that'll work nicely

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Markos2012 View Post
    I am just thinking that this game provides the perfect opportunity to shine a light on the mess that has been created this year. The two victims together in one place, a live broadcast, international rugby audience!!

The question is how? Public humiliation, disruption, a moments silence, walking out - who knows. We won't get a better chance.

To date we have been vocal and reasonable. Anyone interested in turning up the heat?
    I reckon the Force do what they can do best - play rugby- and smash the Rebels, showing the rugby world who is who in the zoo

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    What needs to happen now is...everybody take a deep breath, calm down and let the leagal stuff take it's course. If anyone still thinks public pressure will influence the ARU board they are deluded.

We have been told by RugbyWA board members and the Gen Manager to be quietly confident in the legal team.

Go to the last two games, see Hodgo off fittingly. Then what will be will be.
    Fully agree with Shasta. Everybody calm down. There is absolutely no way the 5 teams will stay so we'd better play to our best, win with bonus point, and prepare to beat the Tahs and climb to the second spot in Oz Conference!

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast