Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Rebels Coach Leaving - SMH

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Muddly View Post
    By all means stay positive. No one ever likes the truth.
    By all means, what is the confirmed truth?

At the moment a team has to be cut and it is either the Force or the Rebels.

The Force have an ongoing legal case and the Rebels have a owner who supposedly doesn't want to sell, at this current time, and is threatening to sue the ARU no matter what happens.

What has actually changed?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Nothing has changed from the moment the ARU decided they wanted to cut the Force?

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Nothing has changed from the moment the ARU decided they wanted to cut the Force?
    Like Mark Sinderberry said on the members evening. We have an ongoing legal case which is going through arbitration that can be repealed vs an owner who can get up and sell whenever. That is the last we have heard from RugbyWA/Force so I don't really see what has changed.

The Force/RugbyWA have said in the past the ARU aren't taking many things into account (OwnTheForce) when chopping a team, they seem to be making an arbitrary decision and the only thing that can stop them is the legal case which was taken on by some pretty heavy hitters so you would think it is a pretty solid case. So unless RugbyWA are going to sell rugby in this state down the creek perhaps it is a case of the ARU being caught between a rock and a hard place.

And despite what Rebels supporters say they have a very soft underbelly that the ARU could buy out from under them. Look at the last time the Rebels told they were say, a guy got sacked, there is no way that the ARU would tell them that again. If I were in charge of the Rebels I would be acting super active in getting a roster together to drive up my buy out price, to give the illusion we are a functioning team even though most of their contracts aren't actually contracts just 'what ifs' and names aren't actually mentioned so could be 'big lies'.

Champion
    vCash
    The Force isn't dead yet so there is still something to fight for.

vCash
    The writ is the one change that isn't covered by that statement Muddly.

At this point it is my only hope that there will be a Force next year. If the injunction is upheld to 2020, then watch the ARU try to move the license to Melbourne in 2021. If upheld it'll give us three years to become uncuttable.

That's the story, it's still playing out, the rest is piss 'n' vinegar.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

vCash
    The ARU have been very clear this whole time what they want. If they are willing to pay the legal costs and pay outs then all of this means very little. You all know I am a rusted on supporter, but at some point you have to look at the big game?
    The ARU want to go back to 3 teams (their pitch to RWA proves that). Chop the Force now (pay everyone out), let the Rebels crumble in 1-2 years. Job done. Stop looking at it from a sports point of view and realize this is the corporate world!
    I do not want to loose the Force, but be fucked if I am going to live in denial!!

vCash
    The ARU have been very clear this whole time what they want. If they are willing to pay the legal costs and pay outs then all of this means very little. You all know I am a rusted on supporter, but at some point you have to look at the big game?
    They can have all the money in the world but if RugbyWA's case is airtight then all the money in the world won't save the ARU. Plus the fact they couldn't buy out Cox points towards not being able to keep up a case very long considering our representatives are working pro-bono.

Rookie
    vCash
    Surely by now everyone can see the writing on the wall? This has been drawn out to the point that even if we do stay in the comp we won't be able to field a competitive team!
    troll

-3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PJ43 View Post
    troll
    Muddly ain't no troll.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    The ARU want to go back to 3 teams (their pitch to RWA proves that). Chop the Force now (pay everyone out), let the Rebels crumble in 1-2 years. Job done. Stop looking at it from a sports point of view and realize this is the corporate world!
    I do not want to loose the Force, but be fucked if I am going to live in denial!!
    Agreed, but the legal case will get in the way of their plans as long as we can argue it properly.

Quote Originally Posted by BLR View Post
    They can have all the money in the world but if RugbyWA's case is airtight then all the money in the world won't save the ARU. Plus the fact they couldn't buy out Cox points towards not being able to keep up a case very long considering our representatives are working pro-bono.
    Look, I think we're a chance of getting a reprieve until 2020 because of the writ. I also think the ARU will be looking to knife us at that moment simply for having the audacity to fight against our exclusion. the writ only buys us three years in which time we need to become the unsackable team. win a championship, become not only sustainable but profitable, contribute valuable members to the Wallabies and such like.

If we can't generate a bloody huge bandwagon by the end of that season, we may as well go now!

But I'd rather go down fighting and get the three years to try and destroy the old boy's clubs plan than give up in a whimper.

So come on Mr McCusker, WA is lost to rugby if you lose, scorch the earth!

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PJ43 View Post
    troll
    Cock!

Champion Contributor sandgroperrugby's Avatar
    vCash
    So sometimes I go over to GAGR to check things out. The below is a post that I lost my shit at. First anger then it quickly turned into hilarity because if this is the best squad a one eyed Rebels supporter can put together then well........ you can finish the rest.

So what would a Rebels team look like with some of the Force boys rolled in?

1. Smith
    2. TPN
    3. Lomax
    4. Phillip
    5. Coleman
    6. McCalman
    7. McMahon
    8. Mafi
    9. Stirzaker/Ruru
    10. Lance
    11. Koroibete
    12. Hodge
    13. English
    14. Sefa
    15. DHP

16. Hanson
    17. Van Wyk
    18. Ainsley
    19. Timani
    20. Fainga'a/Hardwick
    21. Stirzaker/Ruru
    22. Deborah/Volavola/Jackson-Bachop/Grant/Literally any other flyhalf
    23. Shipperly

A half decent coach really, really, should be able to do something with that.

Generally speaking you aren’t learning much if your lips are moving!!!

vCash
    I was giggling at the moderator in that thread waving his band phallus - i mean power around like anyone actually cares about him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    I was giggling at the moderator in that thread waving his band phallus - i mean power around like anyone actually cares about him.
    Yep thought that was the best part of that thread as well

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sandgroperrugby View Post
    So sometimes I go over to GAGR to check things out. The below is a post that I lost my shit at. First anger then it quickly turned into hilarity because if this is the best squad a one eyed Rebels supporter can put together then well........ you can finish the rest.

So what would a Rebels team look like with some of the Force boys rolled in?

A half decent coach really, really, should be able to do something with that.
    to answer your question

1 Pekka
    2 TPN
    3 Ainsley
    4 Arnold
    5 Coleman
    6 Cotterell
    7 Hardwick/Koteka
    8 McCalman/Nasairani
    9 Louwrens
    10 Lance
    11 Newsome
    12 Hodge
    13 Rona
    14 Peni
    15 DHP

only my opinion though...Toby Smith might make the bench Stirzaker might be good for injury cover but he'd be behind both Louwrens and Ruru IMHO

Honestly, apart from Hodge and maybe Koroibete I can't really see anybody at the Rebels that the Force might want.

Hang on, I forgot about Sef Naivalu...he'd surely crack a wing bracket with Newsome!

C'mon the

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast