Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Supreme Court Hearing

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MI5_Dog View Post
    If a player signs with the Force and the Force fold the player will have a choice, go where the ARU want them to go or, get their contract payed out.
    Why all this 'need a job' ? They've either got one and the money to go with it or they've just got the money.
    And what about those with kids in school or partners with jobs in Perth or houses that need to be sold? They can't make airy fairy plans, they need firm plans. It's not just about money, it's about stability as well. These guys aren't traveling salesmen.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    How are the players any different to any other industry that has shrunk or closed it's door in recent years? They can either take a job in the desired field interstate or overseas or they can stay locally and find a job in the real world.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    How are the players any different to any other industry that has shrunk or closed it's door in recent years?
    Having been through redundancy twice myself, I can promise you not all cases are similar. Some skills are portable but many are not. Fortunately for our blokes, their skills are somewhat more portable than average, though in a limited and regulated market. That's why I reckon they'd be crazy not to be exploring options right now. Their options are far from endless.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    And what about those with kids in school or partners with jobs in Perth or houses that need to be sold? They can't make airy fairy plans, they need firm plans. It's not just about money, it's about stability as well. These guys aren't traveling salesmen.
    Name:  87651635.ExdwAP6i.DSC06554_s.jpg
Views: 563
Size:  59.2 KB

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    On a serious note the shitty bit about this is that the ARU will get to keep their process *shakes head* used to decide which team to go to itself.

While this might push the timeline of a decision forward. It does nothing to expose the fact that the process was basically "we'll fuck off the force, but just in case they don't agree to die quietly we'd better also mention another team - but someone go have a chat to the rebels and tell them it's just a face saving thing"

Champion Contributor sandgroperrugby's Avatar
    vCash
    Just reading through Marks letter and I am a bit confused by the below statement.

https://www.westernforce.com.au/arti...rk-sinderberry

The arbitration process will not decide whether the Road Safety Western Force stays in the Super Rugby competition, the case will decide whether the Alliance Agreement is legally binding until the end of the 2020 season.

Generally speaking you aren’t learning much if your lips are moving!!!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Email from Sidders - addressed to the OTF shareholders/applicants email.

The West Australian rugby community has been extremely vocal in their support of the Road Safety Western Force and in the fight to retain the pathway from grassroots to professional rugby.

The fight has been buoyed by the inclusion of local player and Future Force Foundation product Richard Hardwick in the current Wallabies squad. In fact, we have five Road Safety Western Force players and four products of the WA pathway in the squad, the most ever. The Road Safety Western Force 10’s team are on the way to Mauritius to defend their 2016 World 10’s title and five WA women have been selected for the Wallaroos squad, demonstrating the strength of the Rugby WA pathway.

In my last communication, I promised to keep you updated with further information, regarding our legal fight to remain in the Super Rugby competition.

You may have seen the Rugby WA statement yesterday announcing that the dispute with the ARU has been fast tracked through arbitration.
    This means instead of the matter being heard in the Supreme Court it will now be heard by a judge, jointly appointed by both parties involved.
    The arbitration process will not decide whether the Road Safety Western Force stays in the Super Rugby competition, the case will decide whether the Alliance Agreement is legally binding until the end of the 2020 season.
    The decision to go to arbitration should not be viewed negatively, it is not an indication of our case being any more or less winnable. The Board is particularly concerned with the lack of clear direction for players, staff and supporters and the expedited opportunity provided by a firm arbitration date will be in everyone’s interest.
    Thank you for your support. I hope you enjoy the International fixtures over the coming month and don’t forget to mark our next home game in your diaries - Friday, 7 July against the Melbourne Rebels.

Yours in rugby

Mark Sinderberry

Apprentice
    vCash
    I dunno if this has been posted but i saw this earlier....

LETTER TO THE SEA OF BLUE FROM MARK SINDERBERRY

By Fraser Smith on Thu 8th June 17

Our supporters have been extremely supportive of the fight to keep the Road Safety Western Force in the Super Rugby competition and I would like to take the opportunity to thank you for this and urge you not to give up. We are all extremely passionate about keeping professional rugby in WA and the existence of the Road Safety Western Force is essential in retaining the rugby pathway from grassroots to professional rugby for our thousands of registered players.

The fight has been buoyed by the inclusion of local player and Future Force Foundation product Richard Hardwick in the current Wallabies squad. In fact, we have five Road Safety Western Force players and four products of the WA pathway in the squad, the most ever. The Road Safety Western Force 10’s team are on the way to Mauritius to defend their 2016 World 10’s title and five WA women have been selected for the Wallaroos squad, demonstrating the strength of the Rugby WA pathway.

You may have seen the Rugby WA statement yesterday announcing that the dispute with the ARU has been fast tracked through arbitration.

This means instead of the matter being heard in the Supreme Court it will now be heard by a judge, jointly appointed by both parties involved.

The decision to go to arbitration should not be viewed negatively, it is not an indication of our case being any more or less winnable. The Board is particularly concerned with the lack of clear direction for players, staff and supporters and the expedited opportunity provided by a firm arbitration date will be in everyone’s interest.

Thank you for your support. I hope you enjoy the International fixtures over the coming month and I look forward to seeing you at our next home game on Friday, 7 July against the Melbourne Rebels.

Yours in rugby,

Mark Sinderberry

Source: https://www.westernforce.com.au/arti...rk-sinderberry

Senior Player
    vCash
    I can only count 4 Force players in the squad. Unless we've signed Hooper....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    find a job in the real world.
    eek!!!!! how dare you sir!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sandgroperrugby View Post
    Just reading through Marks letter and I am a bit confused by the below statement.

https://www.westernforce.com.au/arti...rk-sinderberry

Basically, safe until 2020 when the new sanzar/tv deal is done. At the termination of said agreement the ARU will "smite" the Force with the Jawbone of a Pulver, and that will be that. The NWRO will then begin.

vCash
    Your metaphor is flawed, you can't be smitten with something non-existent.

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralto View Post
    ...the ARU will "smite" the Force with the Jawbone of a Pulver....
    Might as well of just used ass

The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralto View Post
    Basically, safe until 2020 when the new sanzar/tv deal is done. At the termination of said agreement the ARU will "smite" the Force with the Jawbone of a Pulver, and that will be that. The NWRO will then begin.
    NWRO??

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sittingbison View Post
    Might as well of just used ass
    Oh yeah, I hadn't made that link until you pointed it out. Maybe the metaphor is more accurate than I originally thought.

It does make heavy use of the Ass/Arse homophone though.

C'mon the

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast