Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Supreme Court Hearing

vCash
    The problem is that the ARU have to sign off on all of the Force contracts, and we haven't seen that happen yet.
    Until that does happen, the conspiracy theorist in me says that they just won't sign off on any new Force contracts and that's a way for them to decimate our team considerably.

That being said, once I see a signing announcement or two from us, I'll be much more positive about the situation. We apparently sent off a bunch of contracts after the freeze was lifted, so hopefully that happens pretty soon.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chiraag View Post
    The problem is that the ARU have to sign off on all of the Force contracts, and we haven't seen that happen yet.
    Until that does happen, the conspiracy theorist in me says that they just won't sign off on any new Force contracts and that's a way for them to decimate our team considerably.
    surely that will come out in the arbitration hearing if it's accurate, that would be a trigger for significant damages to be awarded.

C'mon the

vCash
    The delay until August is going to scupper the Own The Force campaign too isn't it. If - as Mark said the other night - people are holding back on buying shares until the future of the club is known, we won't get anywhere need the target of $5million by the time the buying window closes in mid-July.

What happens if we get to the cut-off date for the initial offering and we have only raised around $2million? Does the who thing fail at that point or can RugbyWA continue to accept share applications for as long as it takes to reach the $5million that they needed to raise?

The cynic in me wonders if the ARU have factored that into their calculations as well, as another nail in our coffin.

God this has made me so damn depressed.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Alison; 08-06-17 at 08:20.
    Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Macattack View Post
    It also takes the decision past what seems to be the main contracting window for super rugby - bloody tough for players currently fielding offers from other Aus and international clubs - what a debacle! We may struggle to re-sign players like Adam Coleman

Well done the muppets at ARU
    I hope they go overseas and make mega bucks for a couple of years and say 'stuff you' to Aust rugby.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by MI5_Dog View Post
    The ARU have given assurances that all contracts will be honored.
    Why not sign with the Force?
    The contract will either be transferred or payed out.
    The ARU can't force (if you'll excuse the pun) you to go to a team you don't want to join.
    They might not be able to force anyone but they can let things get to the point where a player needs a job and will go wherever he can get an income to support himself and his family. This is what is so disgusting about this whole thing - the ARU are treating the players with complete and utter distain, despite Puller trying to tell us that he wants to do all he can to help. Perfidious arse!

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    I am pretty sure they can extend that buying window.

We must understand that because we have taken this legal route, the delays are inevitable, we made that call, and we have to live with it.

Sure we had no other option but to fight, we just have to play with the cards we have been delt.

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Champion
    vCash
    Could something come out of the EGM? I do hope so and I also hope the player announcements come soon! Then back to pushing own the force I think

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    They might not be able to force anyone but they can let things get to the point where a player needs a job and will go wherever he can get an income to support himself and his family. This is what is so disgusting about this whole thing - the ARU are treating the players with complete and utter distain, despite Puller trying to tell us that he wants to do all he can to help. Perfidious arse!
    If a player signs with the Force and the Force fold the player will have a choice, go where the ARU want them to go or, get their contract payed out.
    Why all this 'need a job' ? They've either got one and the money to go with it or they've just got the money.

Champion
    vCash
    If the ARU refuse to ratify any player contracts sent to them from the Force then the ARU will again be in breach of the Alliance Agreement and could be sued for damages.
    Some of you need to relax and keep the faith. Being hysterical for the next 2 months will also be bad for your health. We have 2 top quality lawyers representing us who by now would have been through a lot of the information and would have 3 or 4 clear courses of action in mind. All we can do is relax and trust that these 2 QCs know what they're doing.

7 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    RugbyWA agreed to the arbitration process, by all accounts it is not something that was forced upon them by the ARU and there are still avenues to appeal if the process does not go our way. The one thing I'm not a fan of is that the process could remain behind closed doors.

If RugbyWA loses they could blow it all open anyway, what is the ARU going to do? Fine the state they just stripped a Super Rugby franchise from?

I would have liked to have seen RugbyWA announce a few signing since the end of the moratorium. I know we couldn't sign players but surely we could have had some "informal" discussions with players/managers? It seems like signing with either the Rebels or the Force would pretty much be a free hit for players now given the ARU has promised to pay the contract out unless the player goes overseas (see recent article about that English plodder).

Champion
    vCash
    According to reports in Rugby League circles - Curtis Rona & Chance Peni are in talks with West Tigers in the NRL, not sure what you take of this or its just a rumour mill in overtime ?!?!

vCash
    Didn't Sinders say signing any player contracts by the ARU was a given ie, no doubts. They'd be legally unwise to withhold contract signings given the Rebels success in that regard.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by benny View Post
    According to reports in Rugby League circles - Curtis Rona & Chance Peni are in talks with West Tigers in the NRL, not sure what you take of this or its just a rumour mill in overtime ?!?!
    They would be mad not to explore their options. Curtis Rona would have been well on the radar of the Kiwi selectors for the Mungo World Cup squad this year. The ARU ratified his contract knowing full well,at the time that they were gunning for The Force. Thanks for nothing.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    My understanding is that Rona only moved the Force as he is from Perth and has a young family that wanted to be closer to extended family. If he had to move back to Sydney he is probably better off playing Rugby League, he will probably earn more doing it.

vCash
    ^ this

C'mon the

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast