Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 17

Thread: Round 10, Where The Surprise Is That There Will Be No Surprises.

  1. #1
    Veteran Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    booragoon
    Posts
    4,917
    vCash
    5338000
    Dry July! TWF Competition Winner! MO-vember Donator TWF Contributor!

    Round 10, Where The Surprise Is That There Will Be No Surprises.

    Back to club rugby this week.

    Nedlands v Wests will be a blood bath with Neddies celebrating the return of their eleventy million Force players and Wests wondering why theirs have up and left. Nedlands by 35 points.

    Perth v Wanneroo. Perth will overcome. Perth by 15 points.

    Cottesloe v Palmyra. Palmyra will be told that Erasmus and Havilli can't play. Palmyra by 12 points simply because of the strength of their reserves.

    UWA v Kalamunda. Kala will smash the students. Their two new recruits from Palmyra will be rushed into the firsts and from the sidelines the signals will all be green Kalamunda's way. Kala by 40 points.

    Associates v Joondalup. Joondalup by 3 points. Because at least the brothers will have supporters there to cheer them on.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  2. #2
    Veteran Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    booragoon
    Posts
    4,917
    vCash
    5338000
    Dry July! TWF Competition Winner! MO-vember Donator TWF Contributor!
    On another note, can I suggest that clubs give out McDonalds Kiddie Meal vouchers to opposition players rather than provide them with meals after the game?

    There's a much greater chance these days that the voucher will be redeemed, than that the opposition will hang around for the presentations and the meal.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  3. #3
    Apprentice
    Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    30
    vCash
    5148000
    Quote Originally Posted by fulvio sammut View Post
    On another note, can I suggest that clubs give out McDonalds Kiddie Meal vouchers to opposition players rather than provide them with meals after the game?

    There's a much greater chance these days that the voucher will be redeemed, than that the opposition will hang around for the presentations and the meal.

    In my experience most of the home teams don't hang around either

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  4. #4
    Player yungfen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Duncraig
    Posts
    462
    vCash
    5320000
    Quote Originally Posted by fulvio sammut View Post
    On another note, can I suggest that clubs give out McDonalds Kiddie Meal vouchers to opposition players rather than provide them with meals after the game?

    There's a much greater chance these days that the voucher will be redeemed, than that the opposition will hang around for the presentations and the meal.
    You are like a broken record Fulvio! Just get over it mate.....

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  5. #5
    Veteran Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    booragoon
    Posts
    4,917
    vCash
    5338000
    Dry July! TWF Competition Winner! MO-vember Donator TWF Contributor!
    OK, OK.

    But my concern is, for once, genuine.

    Clubs have this perception that it is protocol to provide a substantial meal for those players from both sides still there after the last game.

    This, practically, means that clubs cater for 50 plus people.

    Some clubs go to a deal of trouble and expense. Joondalup, Perth, and Associates come readily to mind.

    To leave the clubs with 30 plus meals untouched is, to my way of thinking, disrespectful at best, and contemptuous at worst.

    If the opposition is not going to be there after the game, they should at least notify the host club beforehand accordingly.

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  6. #6
    Player yungfen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Duncraig
    Posts
    462
    vCash
    5320000
    Well, based on what you say regarding clubs providing meals, I 100% agree with you that Pally should have been notified by the other club that the players would not stick around after the games(Guessing that it could have been due to the Force game afterwards) but nevertheless a notification would have avoided the expense and effort on top of the wastefulness.

    I simply was not aware that providing food was common practice at prem clubs.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  7. #7
    Immortal GIGS20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Rockingham
    Posts
    16,668
    vCash
    1082000
    The Bronze Star of Faith
    Quote Originally Posted by fulvio sammut View Post
    Clubs have this perception that it is protocol to provide a substantial meal for those players from both sides still there after the last game.
    Quote Originally Posted by yungfen View Post
    I simply was not aware that providing food was common practice at prem clubs.
    And that, right there is the issue.

    Is it a widely accepted practice that every team understands or is it something that some clubs see as a responsibility of hosting a match and others don't.

    Surely it wouldn't be hard for all of the clubs to have a chat and determine whether it's a courtesy or a requirement?

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

  8. #8
    Veteran Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    booragoon
    Posts
    4,917
    vCash
    5338000
    Dry July! TWF Competition Winner! MO-vember Donator TWF Contributor!
    By the way, for those that aren't aware, the club meals are provided at no charge. It is a matter of courtesy and reciprosity. All prem clubs do it.

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  9. #9
    Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    South Perth
    Posts
    1,162
    vCash
    5302000
    Fulvio - Back in my day!!!!

    Actually this is a serious issue in Community. I'd love to find a solution or three. On some days, a club would be lucky to have a member who could play a musical instrument so there was a bit of entertainment. Other days, we asked visiting clubs in a letter beforehand to PLEASE Please stay behind and followed this request up on game day. Partners and bubs meals were also provided.

    The positive aspect of staying behind is the value in networking. Chatting with home players, you can find the sparky or painter you were looking for and if you timed your visits after a few reds were consumed, a request could get you a better seat or bed on a flight home or away.

    We have lost the value in friendship and chatter after a game. Yes, we lead busy lives, but for 20 days in a year, enjoy your passion with like minded hosts.

    P.S. Pally put on sensational meals free of charge and after a heap of frothies, Fulvio will provide pro bono advice.

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  10. #10
    Immortal GIGS20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Rockingham
    Posts
    16,668
    vCash
    1082000
    The Bronze Star of Faith
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansie View Post
    P.S. Pally put on sensational meals free of charge and after a heap of frothies, Fulvio will provide pro bono advice.
    The question is, After he's liquored up, do you want it?

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

  11. #11
    Veteran Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    booragoon
    Posts
    4,917
    vCash
    5338000
    Dry July! TWF Competition Winner! MO-vember Donator TWF Contributor!
    Do you even want it BEFORE he's liquored up?

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  12. #12
    Champion Ecky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    2,499
    vCash
    22850000
    Back in the day Murdoch had the best post-match catering. Likely due the influence of a couple of stalwarts with rugby heritage/pedigree (one of whom is now a Neddies stalwart). Rocky was also good value, particularly pre- and immediately post-move. Cott used to have a bloke or two with a guitar; not sure if they still do as I haven't been there at the end of a prems match for quite some time.

    Paly was also pretty good for a post-match fang & drink, as were Baysie.

    I don't tend to be at grounds during/after prems matches much these days, so can't comment on the now.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  13. #13
    Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    1,747
    vCash
    5108000
    Quote Originally Posted by fulvio sammut View Post
    Back to club rugby this week.

    Nedlands v Wests will be a blood bath with Neddies celebrating the return of their eleventy million Force players and Wests wondering why theirs have up and left. Nedlands by 35 points.

    Perth v Wanneroo. Perth will overcome. Perth by 15 points.

    Cottesloe v Palmyra. Palmyra will be told that Erasmus and Havilli can't play. Palmyra by 12 points simply because of the strength of their reserves.

    UWA v Kalamunda. Kala will smash the students. Their two new recruits from Palmyra will be rushed into the firsts and from the sidelines the signals will all be green Kalamunda's way. Kala by 40 points.

    Associates v Joondalup. Joondalup by 3 points. Because at least the brothers will have supporters there to cheer them on.
    Won't only be boar blood spilt on Saturday, haven't seen the lads train like they did tonight for a long time, lets get it on.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on.

  14. #14
    Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    1,747
    vCash
    5108000
    Quote Originally Posted by fulvio sammut View Post
    OK, OK.

    But my concern is, for once, genuine.

    Clubs have this perception that it is protocol to provide a substantial meal for those players from both sides still there after the last game.

    This, practically, means that clubs cater for 50 plus people.

    Some clubs go to a deal of trouble and expense. Joondalup, Perth, and Associates come readily to mind.

    To leave the clubs with 30 plus meals untouched is, to my way of thinking, disrespectful at best, and contemptuous at worst.

    If the opposition is not going to be there after the game, they should at least notify the host club beforehand accordingly.
    I suspect this is a little dig at Wests. You probably weren't aware that the Force were playing the Highlanders with the kickoff at 5-45pm.The prem game finished at 4-30 so after a shower and quick beer the lads had bugger all time to get to NIB for kickoff. Agree it could be construed as disrespectful but that was not Wests intention and the circumstances were beyond anyone's control.
    Again I will say that club rugby should be either Friday night or Sunday when this clash occurs. RWA schedule it to accommodate and that's how it is, they don't ask the club's, they tell them.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on.

  15. #15
    Senior Player andrewM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Ellenbrook
    Posts
    828
    vCash
    5316000
    So Westy, how many stickers you reckon you will sell on the Weekend? Neddies and UWA have made a good start from what they have told me.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Surprise run-on spot for McCabe
    By mudskipper in forum ACT Brumbies
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 14-07-11, 11:27
  2. The Heineken Cup draw is out! With a few surprises!
    By The Man in forum International Rugby
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 10-06-09, 12:22
  3. 'Madness' promises a pack of surprises
    By travelling_gerry in forum Wallabies
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 14-11-08, 19:09
  4. SCOTT SURPRISE
    By laura in forum Super Rugby
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 01-05-08, 13:17
  5. England's form surprises Laporte
    By NewsBot in forum News Feeds
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 21-03-06, 05:05

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •