Thread: Have the Western Force seen the last of Matt Hodgson?

Champion
    vCash

Have the Western Force seen the last of Matt Hodgson?

I hope not.

Nick Taylor

Western Force hope inspirational leader Matt Hodgson has not played his last game for the Super Rugby franchise.
    The club legend limped off in the first half of Saturday night's 34-12 loss to the Hurricanes at nib Stadium with a calf tear and will discover the extent of the injury after scans.
    If the news is bad it would be a sad way for the Force foundation player and former Wallaby to bring the curtain down on his illustrious career.
    However, it is understood the club wants to keep Hodgson on its books for next year.
    The veteran flanker has five weeks before the Force close their season with two home games against the Rebels and Waratahs while the competition takes a break for the Wallabies Test series.
    "It's a calf, I'll get scans. It's good timing with the break so we'll wait and see," a despondent looking Hodgson said after the game.

Some interesting words from Blood here too on Hurricanes, penalties and yellow cards

https://thewest.com.au/sport/rugby-u...-ng-b88497181z

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wholetruth View Post
    Some interesting words from Blood here too on Hurricanes, penalties and yellow cards

https://thewest.com.au/sport/rugby-u...-ng-b88497181z
    He gets sanctioned if he criticises the ref, so I think he walked as close to the line as he was allowed to.

E didn't mention the consistent false starts in defense making the entire backline offside for most of the match not being penalised.

Unlike the Landers game, the team showed up, played with confidence and heart and had the Canes worried for a huge amount of that match. I'm still proud of the boys, especially since it was Hoffman who won the game for them.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

vCash
    Hodgson heals like a machine so I would expect him to be available for the Rebels game.

We need him to counter the hard work of Fainga'a.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Watching him leave the field on Saturday night my immediate thought was that we were witnessing the end. He had a lot of ground to cover, was clearly struggling and on his own. Those metres looked like miles and from where I was sitting he looked like he had fought his last battle.

Hodgo is everything Force. We owe him more than any other player, more than any two combined.

I hope he makes it back.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewg View Post
    Hodgson heals like a machine so I would expect him to be available for the Rebels game.

We need him to counter the hard work of Fainga'a.
    not so much anymore now that we have a Dickie Hardwick, Hodgo is a luxury we can afford to be gentle with.

If, however, Hardwick gets hurt with the Wallabies, Kane would have to be underdone and then Hodgo will be essential.

Quote Originally Posted by Markos2012 View Post
    Watching him leave the field on Saturday night my immediate thought was that we were witnessing the end. He had a lot of ground to cover, was clearly struggling and on his own. Those metres looked like miles and from where I was sitting he looked like he had fought his last battle.

Hodgo is everything Force. We owe him more than any other player, more than any two combined.

I hope he makes it back.
    Take heart, if Hodgo can't even walk he will be 100% Force, and he'll coach!

C'mon the

vCash
    And Dave made his comments with considerably more grace and dignity than Nick Stiles did when he was berating the ref after one of the Reds games this season. Think Nick was channeling Richard Graham!

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

Player
    vCash
    The headline is misleading . Hodgson has already said he is rusted on to the Force. May not see him on the field but definitely in the coaches box and the sideline.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!