Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: British and Irish Lions Tour of NZ

vCash
    The fact that there is quite a few differing views here illustrates the "greyness" of that call. So in the end, the reffs actions were correct as he was also not 100% sure.
    You buggers that want to destroy rugby's spirit with all this hard core "rules are rules" shit need to be locked in a room full of mirrors.

I agree. The reff made a number of other errors in that game. So did most of the players at one point or other. That is the nature of sport.

Good players (and fans) accept that and look forward to the next game.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    cheers auss...
    fabricarti diem punc

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Name:  tenor.jpg
Views: 396
Size:  6.2 KB

7 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by antiussentiment View Post
    The fact that there is quite a few differing views here illustrates the "greyness" of that call. So in the end, the reffs actions were correct as he was also not 100% sure.
    You buggers that want to destroy rugby's spirit with all this hard core "rules are rules" shit need to be locked in a room full of mirrors.

I agree. The reff made a number of other errors in that game. So did most of the players at one point or other. That is the nature of sport.

Good players (and fans) accept that and look forward to the next game.
    Ahh Ok, we'll just let it slide and carry on. Maybe next time we don't worry about the end result and just toss a coin or play tic tac toe to decide the winner and just let mediocrity continue on, it's all about participation right. All the good players [and fans]can accept that and look forward to the next game. Get your best rock paper scissors expert out there and winner takes all. Everyone's a winner.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by westies man View Post
    Ecky is there an unwritten rule where the ref's are never ever wrong and even if they are it seems the rest of them close ranks and then the bullshit start's. Even if Read did take the space that was never the issue to begin with.
    Offside is offside and trying to hide the fact with bullshit is what really pisses the punters off.

Maybe when you do actually get around to watching the game you can give us an even more detailed analysis of what an outstanding game Poite had.
    No mate, there isn't. My previous post was from a website whose reporters had posted that analysis (in italics).
    I have no problem in pointing out errors/inconsistencies in a referee performance in a televised game. When I have time. I have no time at this time. If I find/make time I will let you have my analysis from a ref coaching/assessment perspective, rather than the perspective of a supporter of either of the teams in the match.

vCash
    Wot a bunch of whingers ... it was a great game, a damn fine tour and it brought a lot of people together.

You'll simply never find another sporting event like a Lions tour ... and they took the world champions right to the wire.
    Already saving for 2021.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Offside is offside, what don't some people get.
    According to the laws Ecky posted, polite didn't ignore the fact that there was offside ply, by awarding the scrum, he actually penalised for offside, what you and a respected international referee disagree about is whether offside always deserves a penalty. I haven't watched the game, but it seems as though everybody in new Zealand thinks the opportunity to gain an advantage was lost and everybody outside appears to believe it wasn't.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

Senior Player
    vCash
    I just watched it again and if you want to be picky Read was about half a metre in front of the kicker which is why he got there so quick. I know it happens all the time but it shits me off a bit, it is one of those rules that the refs just seem to turn a blind eye too.

vCash
    Ahh Ok, we'll just let it slide and carry on. Maybe next time we don't worry about the end result and just toss a coin or play tic tac toe to decide the winner and just let mediocrity continue on, it's all about participation right. All the good players [and fans]can accept that and look forward to the next game. Get your best rock paper scissors expert out there and winner takes all. Everyone's a winner.
    Oh wow..
    I had no idea Wests had a new black and white strip...

cheers auss...
    fabricarti diem punc

Champion
    vCash
    Accidental offside is when a player does not play at the ball in an offside position, things like ricochets from charge downs or knock ons into the back of a player, running into your own player without seeing him etc. The Lions player deliberately played at the ball therefore is offside, sanction is a penalty. Theres a clear distinction between the 2 infringements. It is whether the player offside acted deliberately or not. This time the Lions player did grab at the ball from an offside position. Score was irrelevant, previous incidents are irrelevant, the referee is there to enforce the laws and make the correct call. Poite got it wrong.

Im not an All Blacks fan but as someone who has dabbled in refereeing, that decision was wrong.

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    highly paid so called professionals repeatedly keep choking on the big stage
    Yes, I'm very concerned about how the AB's will overcome this before the Bledisloe too

P.S - The draw paid $34....TAB account looks very healthy after the weekend

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Champion
    vCash
    http://laws.worldrugby.org/?law=11.7&language=EN

Law 11.7. Knock on that is played at by a team mate preventing the opposition from gaining an advantage from the knockon. Sanction : Penalty Kick.

Pretty clear. The Lions player preveneted the All Blacks gaining possession of the knock on. Penalty all day.

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    Ref should have played advantage as it looked like Oliver had a good chance of scoring a try after picking up the loose ball

vCash
    I see a business opportunity here. Importing dart boards adorned with an image of Romain Poite into NZ. Unfortunately this will generate a glut of used boards featuring Wayne Barnes (which superseded the Suzie model).

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalahard View Post
    http://laws.worldrugby.org/?law=11.7&language=EN Law 11.7. Knock on that is played at by a team mate preventing the opposition from gaining an advantage from the knockon. Sanction : Penalty Kick. Pretty clear. The Lions player preveneted the All Blacks gaining possession of the knock on. Penalty all day.
    What isn't clear is whether the opposition was prevented from gaining an advantage. Like I said, I haven't seen the footage, but that component of 11.7 appears to be a judgement call to me. I don't have an opinion on the actual call, but I do have an opinion on the vehemence which new Zealanders apply to their bullying of officials when they don't rule in favour of the all Blacks. If they want me to accept them as the best team in the world, then they should approach the game with a little dignity.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Yeah! Take a leaf out of Cheika's book!

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast