Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: British and Irish Lions Tour of NZ

Champion
    vCash
    Officiating has been shit all series and what a fuck up the frog made in this one, no wonder people are leaving the game in droves when highly paid so called professionals repeatedly keep choking on the big stage, just another fuck up when the average punter can call it and these muppets can't. Hang your head in shame Poite because you are a disgrace and embarrassment to rugby

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

Champion
    vCash
    Absolute shocker by Poite robbed the All Blacks. By not wanting to influence the result with his whistle he ultimately changed the result by changing his call. Not what rugbys showpiece tour deserves.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SinBin View Post
    Interesting stats on Poite:
    Poite is renowned for his composure under pressure

Pffffft. Didn't have the courage to make the call, disgraceful.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    According to the World Rugby Law book, Romain Poite had a choice between 11.1, the broad offside rule; 11.6 A, 11.6 B or as he chose 11.7.

(a)
    When an offside player cannot avoid being touched by the ball or by a team-mate carrying it, the player is accidentally offside. If the player’s team gains no advantage from this, play continues. If the player’s team gains an advantage, a scrum is formed with the opposing team throwing in the ball.12
    (b)
    When a player hands the ball to a team-mate in front of the first player, the receiver is offside. Unless the receiver is considered to be intentionally offside (in which case a penalty kick is awarded), the receiver is accidentally offside and a scrum is formed with the opposing team throwing in the ball.

He opted for 11.7, Offside at a knock on:

When a player knocks-on and an offside team-mate next plays the ball, the offside player is liable to sanction if playing the ball prevented an opponent from gaining an advantage.

Poite deemed that no advantage was gained.

I was at a community rugby ground, watching a community rugby match, so didn't see the game or specific incident. Yet.

Question: did either team's kicker kick all of their shots at goal?

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Player
    vCash
    Weak arsed refs, they make decisions in real time and get over ruled by a muppet who sees it all in slow motion.
    Happens every week, they are killing the game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ralto View Post
    Pffffft. Didn't have the courage to make the call, disgraceful.
    I thought that at the time too. The Lions player made a reflex action to catch the ball - no doubt. But, maybe even before he caught it, knew he was offside, spread his arms and didn't take possession. Poite gave him benefit of the doubt.
    I don't agree but that's not a first. The AB's still got possession from the scrum and had a chance to snatch a win.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by choice View Post
    Weak arsed refs, they make decisions in real time and get over ruled by a muppet who sees it all in slow motion.
    Happens every week, they are killing the game.
    Yep, video refs are having way too much influence on games and going well beyond dealing with foul play incidents. What irks me most is that they seem to have the ability to overrule the on-field ref, surely it should be the other way around, particularly when the on-field ref gets to watch replays on the big screen.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Senior Player
    vCash
    Boys the game wasn't lost by the Darkness when the contentious decision happened. As Ecky mentioned were all or most chances taken by the Darkness prior and as I recall no. Hate to say it but some Kiwis have become very comfortable with doing some dubious shit during games and getting away with it and calling opposition fans sooks, but when the shoes on the other foot it's not easy to take. Something about pot, kettle,black!

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Macattack View Post
    Yep, video refs are having way too much influence on games and going well beyond dealing with foul play incidents. What irks me most is that they seem to have the ability to overrule the on-field ref, surely it should be the other way around, particularly when the on-field ref gets to watch replays on the big screen.
    Agree MAC we've seen it at the Force games as well. I think Ayoub is the main culprit of it as well. He was the one against the highlanders who insisted to Hoffman that the Force player had to go after the clansman faked it when we were having a dash.

vCash
    Looks like Reid was in front of the kicker & took the guy out in the air

Great game, Fucken battled right through to the 80!

vCash
    Seriously?!
    You bods are hard (and thanks Ecky for illuminating the rule). The Reff had a doubt about the situation and ruled "in favour of the game". Who here does not agree that the reff should only blow the whistle when they are 100% sure of the situation? There was clear doubt in that situation.

The lions player half caught the ball out of reflex but immediately corrected. It's an accidental offside, play the scrum.

cheers auss...
    fabricarti diem punc

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecky View Post
    According to the World Rugby Law book, Romain Poite had a choice between 11.1, the broad offside rule; 11.6 A, 11.6 B or as he chose 11.7.

(a)
    When an offside player cannot avoid being touched by the ball or by a team-mate carrying it, the player is accidentally offside. If the player’s team gains no advantage from this, play continues. If the player’s team gains an advantage, a scrum is formed with the opposing team throwing in the ball.12
    (b)
    When a player hands the ball to a team-mate in front of the first player, the receiver is offside. Unless the receiver is considered to be intentionally offside (in which case a penalty kick is awarded), the receiver is accidentally offside and a scrum is formed with the opposing team throwing in the ball.

He opted for 11.7, Offside at a knock on:

When a player knocks-on and an offside team-mate next plays the ball, the offside player is liable to sanction if playing the ball prevented an opponent from gaining an advantage.

Poite deemed that no advantage was gained.

I was at a community rugby ground, watching a community rugby match, so didn't see the game or specific incident. Yet.

Question: did either team's kicker kick all of their shots at goal?
    Barret missed a conversion.

I also watched it again this morning & read knocked it on immediately before the offside

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by westies man View Post
    I'm happy to be proven wrong and thought the Lions really stood up yesterday. I have never rated SBW and his shoulder charge was a cowardly piss weak act that warrants at least a 6 week suspension.
    Attacking the head of an opponent who had no chance to defend himself is a bloody disgrace and embarrasses the jersey.

I have replayed Vunipola's shoulder hit on Barrett several times and although Barrett milked it can anyone tell me why that was also not a red card.
    Sean O'briens swinging forearm that forced Nahalo off has been cited, not even a penalty.
    This last game is going to be an absolute ripper and I just hope it will not be remembered for the referee's performance because as Ralto pointed out there has been bugger all consistency and it seems to be a totally different interpretation across the board to what we're used to.

If anyone is about to be tackled is there a new rule where you jump in the air and receive a penalty. Will they be playing offsides this weekend or not worry about it.

I await Ecky's report from the cheap seats.
    Should be an absolute bloodbath next weekend. I just hope the man in the middle doesn't make any decisions or non decisions that have any bearing on the final result.

Quite ironic that the guy that posts on here as Sonny Bill Williams was handing out his own cards on Sat to a Baysie player.
    I posted this last week .I JUST HOPE THE MAN IN THE MAN IN THE MIDDLE DOESN'T MAKE ANY DECISIONS OR NON DECISIONS THAT HAVE ANY BEARING ON THE FINAL RESULT.

I have replayed the game this morning and Poite made a complete mess of the game. Laumpape should have been carded for an intentional knock on, Rettalick took out players off the ball about 5 times but Itojoe should have been penalised several times for lazy running and both teams were guilty of being repeatedly offside at the breakdown. The scrums were a real dogs breakfast and as the game wore on the Lion's scrum started to dominate.

A draw was probably a fair reflection of the match and as I've said previously I'm happy to be proven wrong and thought the Lions really gutsed it out however the decision at the end was wrong.
    I've looked forward to this match as much as a World Cup final and for it to end the way it did was a real piss off.

Ecky is there an unwritten rule where the ref's are never ever wrong and even if they are it seems the rest of them close ranks and then the bullshit start's. Even if Read did take the space that was never the issue to begin with.
    Offside is offside and trying to hide the fact with bullshit is what really pisses the punters off.

Maybe when you do actually get around to watching the game you can give us an even more detailed analysis of what an outstanding game Poite had.

Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    Barret missed a conversion.

I also watched it again this morning & read knocked it on immediately before the offside
    Have another look because that is bullshit, he never touched it and again that wasn't the issue to begin with. Offside is offside, what don't some people get.

vCash
    One thing nobody has mentioned - how did Keiran Reid not have to go for HIA? Elbow to the head (his doing), play stopped for at least a couple of minutes while he's treated - then play on.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast