Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Force v Hurricanes Sat 3rd JUNE 2017 7.55pm

vCash
    Am I mistaken in the Crusaders and Canes games having a remarkable similarity?

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    The long sobs of autumn's violins wound my heart with a monotonous languor

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sittingbison View Post
    Am I mistaken in the Crusaders and Canes games having a remarkable similarity?
    Spineless star struck cock smoker similarities?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Great game, Fucken battled right through to the 80!

vCash
    The big issue for me was Hodgo limping off and the possibility that tonight could have been his last game for the Force. I saw his first and hope I have not just seen his last.

6 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Markos2012 View Post
    The big issue for me was Hodgo limping off and the possibility that tonight could have been his last game for the Force. I saw his first and hope I have not just seen his last.
    /Agree, the man is an absolute legend - would love to see the Eastern Stand become the Matt Hodgson stand!

Maybe we should smuggle a banner along those lines in for the last home game this year.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Senior Player
    vCash
    I know that this sounds like a cliche, but the score did not really reflect the intensity of our effort. I thought the Canes were genuinely flustered for large parts of the first and second halves. They had the skills to score a few runaway tries, but imagine if we had got a meat pie in the first half after all that pressure and possession to make it 7-7? Or scored after that great second half start to close the gap to 17-14. Would have been a completely different ball game.

Sure we can bemoan the fact we could not convert with all the possession in the red zone but I was proud of the effort of the boys to even get there in the first place.

This is heresy, but I think the Hoff had an ok game.

All in all, despite the loss, it was one of the most enjoyable games I have watched at NIB. I could not help but think walking back to the train that, after 12 years of this, I hope rugby stays in WA.

Well done boys for the effort!

7 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Macattack View Post
    /Agree, the man is an absolute legend - would love to see the Eastern Stand become the Matt Hodgson stand!

Maybe we should smuggle a banner along those lines in for the last home game this year.
    Great idea. You smuggle that in and I will bring one asking the ARU where the $28 mil went.

Player
    vCash
    Absolutely agree with bee jay -thoroughly enjoyed the game and our huge effort . Mercurial canes/ bad patch / 14 men mid 2nd half did for us but we finished well. Always looking to get 7 points not 3.well done lads .

Player
    vCash
    Surely the Matt Hodgson Burrow!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    I think the match officials are just in awe of the kiwi teams and just see no wrong, even without the benefit of tv replay there were incidents of jerset pulling, VA should have scored early in the gamr bar for a defender moving over a meter to block him. Admittedly Hoff was pressured into the yellow card by the TMO, but it was Hoff who should pulled the trigger on the canes in the first half for repeated infringements. As for scrums, the Canes were right into us before the set call. Guarantee the first penalty for a scrum will be against us?

Senior Player
    vCash
    Fellas my last post about the Hoffman was sarcasm at its very best. What gets my goat is people saying play to the ref, take the ref out of the game etc etc. Yes Jargs we should've scored but fark me we were never legally given a good chance to score. Remember this one fact this is their fucking job and yes it's a pressure job for 80 mins a week! A damn lot of people here on this forum are under pressure with their job for 36 hrs a week and get castigated when they fuck up so what makes a pro ref exempt from being castigated? If they can't handle the heat take up a useless govt job then. Also the way some of the kiwi players are milking penalties ala Perenara, Buckman is bloody low spirit of the game. Your good enough to win without pulling that shit.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Unfortunately the game has changed Boof! The days of sportsmanship are gone! The same as the crowds booing kickers, Jeering the opposition fans. The camaraderie of the old game has gone.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    May the FORCE be with you!

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SNOB View Post
    Unfortunately the game has changed Boof! The days of sportsmanship are gone! The same as the crowds booing kickers, Jeering the opposition fans. The camaraderie of the old game has gone.
    I'd said it before and I said it tonight in a dunny full of kiwis, kiwi teams are not enjoyable to watch because they have lost the spirit of the game. They can push the rules and the ref all they want but they have lost the beauty of union.

The fans know it as well because they can only say its ok if the ref doesn't see it.

Btw we may not have won tonight on the scoreboard but I feel we did in integrity and respect.

8 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Good game by the boys. Good effort, had me on the edge of my seat most of the game.

Lost a great deal of respect for Perenara even before his performance. I use the sports ears to listen to the refs mic and have never heard such whinging like a spoilt brat not getting his way, just goes to show the pressure our boys were applying.

Missed out again lads, see ya 7th of July

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    I now just want the boys to come back after the break and whip them TAHS arses and get us 2nd on the conference ladder.. To me that would be the end of a good year...

6 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Contributor blueandblack's Avatar
    vCash
    and belt the Rebels as well

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "12 Years a Supporter" starring the #SeaOfBlue

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast